Tram at MCO via Westjet

ilovetotravel1977

DIS Veteran
Has anyone recently came back from Orlando thru MCO on Westjet? I am just curious how early you had to be at the airport and how hectic it was with only the one tram?

The reason why I'm asking is I can fly on Delta/Westjet for $397 return per person. However, for $45 more per person, I can come home on Air Canada.

I'm just trying to figure out if paying $135 more is worth it. But, if folks aren't having any issues with the one-tram thing, then I would book the Westjet flights.

Just returned last weekend on WestJet via MCO. Our flight was at 2:00pm and we arrived at MCO around 11:00am. The tram seemed a little busier than the one we had when we arrived but we got on the first one when it arrived. There were lots of people waiting and we still managed to get on. If your flight with WestJet is direct I would take it. We had no issues.

Last edited:

Thank you both. While direct isnt an option for us, we would connect in Boston so wouldnt have to worry about customs until Halifax.

Just returned last weekend on WestJet via MCO. Our flight was at 2:00pm and we arrived at MCO around 11:00am. The tram seemed a little busier than the one we had when we arrived but we got on the first one when it arrived. There were lots of people waiting and we still managed to get on. If your flight with WestJet is direct I would take it. We had no issues.

I don't fly Westjet typically. Are we required to collect our bags at say YYZ and then do we have to re-check them before heading to security? With Air Canada our bags are flagged to go through to our destination.

Just flew back through YYZ and they made an announcement that you do not need to collect your bags if you are making a connection, they will be forwarded onto your destination. Word of caution though, there are no usable washrooms until just before the customs agents and then it's only two stalls. Go on the plane before you land (that's all I can say). You will need to go back through security (stupid system) before making your connection.

I'll pay OOP for flights before I'll fly through Toronto again.

Well, I bit the bullet and booked our flights last night! Thank god, as I was literally checking prices multiple times a day and driving myself nuts.

We went with the Westjet/Delta combo: YHZ, via YYZ, MCO and then MCO, via BOS, YHZ

I was freaking about the tram, but the MCO flight is an actual Delta flight and the tram doesn't affect those gates! And, I like not having to worry about customs until we get home to Halifax...likely a long with thousands of others returning from down south all inclusives...doh!

We always fly from Buf which is a 7 hour drive for us. But I am going on a quick 5 night trip for my hubbies bday, Oct 20th to Oct 25th, we live about 1.5 hours from Sudbury, Ont. WestJet and AC both fly Sud to Toronto then to Florida. I got a good price on it, but am so confused by what we have to do once we hit YYZ. We are only doing carry ons, and have about an hour and a half connection time. Does anybody have any insight with what I will be doing once I get off westjet in Toronto to go to MCO? Coming back we are Air Canada. Same route. With an hour and a half layover. Thank you

Thank god, as I was literally checking prices multiple times a day and driving myself nuts.

Glad to hear you got your flights. I agree, it's pretty stressful checking all the time. Sadly, that's what it takes to get decent prices/times these days. Always a big relief to finally get our flights booked.

Glad to hear you got your flights. I agree, it's pretty stressful checking all the time. Sadly, that's what it takes to get decent prices/times these days. Always a big relief to finally get our flights booked.

The flights were at a price I was happy with and I highly doubt they will go much lower as our travel days are a Thursday and Monday. Not many options. Plus, our entire party of 10 are traveling down on the same flight, so that will be nice as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter