Travel Changes?

The more I read on overseas news (like the Sydney Morning Herald in Australia) it becomes very clear that nations have become distrustful of the US and fear we may be carriers of the disease. 14 day Quarantine at the borders for US visitors has appeared as a topic. I agree these lockdown "protests" are doing us immense harm both here and abroad.
Agree. Other countries are imposing 14 day quarantines including Vietnam, affecting ABD Asia trips. I know it's too early to speculate what might happen in July trips but this seems like something that other countries will do.

http://news.chinhphu.vn/Home/Govt-chief-allows-resumption-of-nonessential-services/20205/40021.vgpAs the COVID-19 pandemic still remains complicated across the world, Phuc tasked competent authorities to continue measures to prevent importation of new cases, including compulsory 14-day quarantine for incoming travellers.

The more I read on overseas news (like the Sydney Morning Herald in Australia) it becomes very clear that nations have become distrustful of the US and fear we may be carriers of the disease. 14 day Quarantine at the borders for US visitors has appeared as a topic. I agree these lockdown "protests" are doing us immense harm both here and abroad.

So true. Countries that don't get this taken care of will become pariahs. People aren't thinking about the long term consequences.

So true. Countries that don't get this taken care of will become pariahs. People aren't thinking about the long term consequences.
This whole situation has me feeling like I did in elementary school when recess was cancelled for the whole class because 1 or 2 kids couldn't behave. I totally understand why countries would not want to risk letting Americans in given what is going on -- but it stinks for the vast majority of us who are doing everything we can to be good neighbors and stop the spread of this disease.

This whole situation has me feeling like I did in elementary school when recess was cancelled for the whole class because 1 or 2 kids couldn't behave. I totally understand why countries would not want to risk letting Americans in given what is going on -- but it stinks for the vast majority of us who are doing everything we can to be good neighbors and stop the spread of this disease.

Apt analogy. The thing that bites most is if we just buckled down and strictly locked down without complaining, we could be in a much better situation. We're just keeping it alive, which... benefits nobody and will only extend the economic devastation, in the travel industry in particular.

DO you not get it Yet ? Stay at home .

It is not just USA people who will have to do Quarantine is people from All over the world who will have to do the 14 days

In Europe you are not allowed to Travel into another country & if you do and are caught it
is a very large Fine . & 14 days

Do you think they will extend the final payment delay? Disneyland won't even be open by the time my final payment is due, but right now it only goes out for trips through September and mine is October.

Does anyone know if there is a listing somewhere of the new 2021 rates and dates plus the extension of existing trips into 2021? With booking opening to prior ABD guests tomorrow, I was hoping to comb through the info to try to come up with some alternatives to the July and August 2020 trips we now aren't taking this year. I don't see any of this listed on the ABD website as of yet. I'm considering so many different itineraries, I was hoping I wouldn't have to ask a vacationista to go through every possible trip with me.

Does anyone know if there is a listing somewhere of the new 2021 rates and dates plus the extension of existing trips into 2021? With booking opening to prior ABD guests tomorrow, I was hoping to comb through the info to try to come up with some alternatives to the July and August 2020 trips we now aren't taking this year. I don't see any of this listed on the ABD website as of yet. I'm considering so many different itineraries, I was hoping I wouldn't have to ask a vacationista to go through every possible trip with me.
I was told most dates for 2021 are held at the same week as 2020.

I PIF this past Friday for our August Boston trip. I had built an entire trip to Nantucket, Boston, etc. around the long weekend to be a full week plus in Boston. I spoke with a few people in Boston this weekend he said it has been declared that all museums, concerts, events, etc are cancelled thru August. I still see Comic Con selling August tickets in Boston though.

In speaking with ABD on Friday, I inquired about this (before speaking to the Boston people) and they said July and onward are considered on a destination basis - such as NYC and Boston being cities etc. So I guess instead of looking for an out right cancel on ALL months it may be destination specific. I know that the mayor in Boston is releasing the public to yellow phase on 5/18 but no major tourist things open.

I PIF this past Friday for our August Boston trip. I had built an entire trip to Nantucket, Boston, etc. around the long weekend to be a full week plus in Boston. I spoke with a few people in Boston this weekend he said it has been declared that all museums, concerts, events, etc are cancelled thru August. I still see Comic Con selling August tickets in Boston though.

In speaking with ABD on Friday, I inquired about this (before speaking to the Boston people) and they said July and onward are considered on a destination basis - such as NYC and Boston being cities etc. So I guess instead of looking for an out right cancel on ALL months it may be destination specific. I know that the mayor in Boston is releasing the public to yellow phase on 5/18 but no major tourist things open.
I agree with this. I also called inquiring about my July trip and they mentioned case by case basis based on destination.

I think Egypt is the one that went up the most! The rest stayed relatively flat as far as I can tell.

Well, the wait continues. We're still booked on the 7/4 Norway trip. Our family of 5 is fully paid up ($24K) and they still haven't cancelled our trip. We've cancelled every other part of the trip. So no matter what, we're not going. I'm just waiting on ABD to cancel.

I called yesterday just to see if there was any special offer...of course not. They offered to move us to the same trip next year and since it's the same price there would be no additional payment needed. If ABD had offered something similar to DCL (125% credit) I would have jumped at it, but a straight transfer wasn't interesting to me given that they have all $24K for the next 14 months and I have no options to cancel.

We have 3 kids...one each in high school, middle school, and elementary school...scheduling is a bear. While, in theory, taking the same trip next year wouldn't be a scheduling issue I feel much better knowing I have until next March for final payment rather than going all in right now. As such, my plan is to get the refund in the next week or two and then re-book the same trip for 2021 only paying the deposit for right now.

In my mind, the biggest risk with this plan is potentially missing out on the early booking discount but that's a risk I'm willing to take in order to get for flexibility. Plus, Norway is not one of the top demanded trips.

Hopefully the cancellation comes soon.

@MiddKid, go ahead and book your new trip and put a new deposit down. It's fully refundable right? Then you get your discount and can cancel it if you trip goes, or get your refund?

It’s so funny...in all my analysis and over-analysis of the situation I never thought about putting down another deposit (I guess it’s just the avoidance of giving ABD MORE money). But you’re right...no risk. I may have to call today.

Thanks!

It’s so funny...in all my analysis and over-analysis of the situation I never thought about putting down another deposit (I guess it’s just the avoidance of giving ABD MORE money). But you’re right...no risk. I may have to call today.

Thanks!
Don't worry, if you only knew how long it took me to think of this strategy only to find out that when I finally decided to look at a date, it's all waitlisted already (NZ)! I wish I took my own advice earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter