Travel Channel

mitcam

"Hooked"onPeter Pan
Just caught the last 1/2 hour of the Travel Channel special on DCL - I am just that much more excited to get this trip started!

Unfortunately I have to wait until Dec. 6th but I can feel those cool ocean breezes now!

Anyone else catch the show? I plan to watch again at 11 so I can see the whole thing!

Brought back some wonderful memories.....and we all said - I want to go back!!!!

WOW WOW WOW!!!! I wanna go back!!! What a fantastic hour long program! I was REALLY impressed. Picky me noticed one tiny glitch (I think) they mentioned Grand Cayman and the picture was of the ship docked (I believe) in St. Thomas. Could be wrong though. It was really a top shelf show and will be on again at 11 and again Saturday afternoon 3PM for anyone who missed it. Really a super show!

Anyone else surprised they didn't sound the Mickey whistle?
Other than that - I CAN'T WAIT!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I am so happy you reposted it will be shown again on saturday. There is no way I can stay up till 11. LOL

I saw one of my favorite CM's on the Wonder - Chantelle Assante - she's the Personal Trainer showing the Alpha Capsule at Vista Spa! She's from South Africa and the sweetest person you could ever meet!!!!!

Also, the only disappointment was that we kept waiting to hear the whistle and they didn't do it!!!

We recorded it because, well, why not?!!!

Rae

I'm taping the 10:00 central replay tonight. It's my Friday night as Wednesday and Thursday are my days off. I want to go back. I'm hoping to go in October on a 3 day Wonder. It was a great show, but yes, I missed the whistle.

I'm surprised they didn't play the whistle either.

We also saw one of our favorites, Sid the head waiter, leading the parade in Animator's Pallette.

The one glitch we caught was when they were talking about sailaway from Port Canaveral, but they were showing them untie the ropes at Castaway Cay!

Can't wait until we are back on board the Magic.

Well....that's three bloopers......St. Thomas, not Grand Cayman
The ropes at CC, not Port Canaveral.....and.....the ship's hull is not painted black, but a deep midnight blue.

Anyone else find some bloopers with the special tonight?

MJ

With us leaving for Florida in three days, tonights special amped up the excitement level in our house. My sister started doing the Charlie Brown happy dance chanting "4 more days!"

It really was scary because she yelled at me two weeks ago when I popped into her room and told her 16 days.

The show was great. 45 days left four us until we step on the Disney Wonder. Time to pack the bags................

I watched the show with my boys who are 5 and 7. It has been 2 1/2 months since we went on the Magic so it was a nice reminder.

It was fun to see it from their point of view! It's amazing what kids remember, when they showed a category 4 room, my 5 year old first said that's our room, then they showed the picture over the bed and he said, no it's not, that's a different picture. (I can't remember the picture, how did he!)

When my DS7 saw the Walt Disney suite, he looked shocked, and then looked at me and very seriously said, "I want to stay there, why didn't we?". Oh, how I wish I could just want and not think of money!

The sweetest was my DS5 when he insisted that he saw his brother in two scenes. I didn't tell him he didn't, but we were on the magic and the filming was done on the Wonder!

It was very fun to relieve it. This is a great week, Monday was the Adventure which we are doing next winter, last night was the DCL, and also we will see the Radiance of the Seas in Alaska which we did last summer! I get to look forward and reminisce (sp?) all week!

I think the show was fantastic! My Dfinacee and I watched it together and it even managed to get him excited for our trip on 5/18. I knew he had some Disney spirit in him somewhere.

Luckily I taped it and will show it to his mom who we are taking along for her 50th birthday.

Thanks Travel Channel!

I don't know if others would call it a blooper, but they mentioned the Western Ports of Call, and the Bahamas for the Wonder cruises, but no mention of St. Martin or St. Thomas. And like others in this thread, was surprised that the "When you wish upon a star" ship's horn was not included, especially in an hour-long show. I also was surprised that they didn't show people being announced by name as they came on board. A terrifc show, and yes, we spent the rest of the evening until DW and DS fell asleep talking about when can we go again for DCL #3. And I watched it again at 11 since I was still up.

I taped this last night, but have already watched it. If someone wants to borrow the tape in case they don't get a chance to see it on the air, send me a PM and we'll set it up. If several people want it, we can set that up, too.

I was also surprised that they made no reference to the eastern route. They did show a shot of the ship at Havensight in St. Thomas, though.

Is this a question or a blooper?

Were they serving hard icecream at scoops during the show?

The last time we were on the ship is was soft - very soft - but that was a year and a half ago.

Are they serving hard icecream again?

No hard ice cream on the March 8th Magic only soft frozen yogurt.

I noticed several of the same bloopers and ommissions already mentioned and one that I'm surprised Sr. F. didn't comment on!

During part of the food section they called the adult's only restaurant Palo's! Now my son tried to help them out by saying well mom they were talking about the souffle available at Palo so maybe it should have been Palo's souffle - then the possessive would have been correct. No way! They said Palos.

Also I was surprised that there was NO mention of the teen activities, beach, etc. It seemed pretty well focused on family's with small children and adults without kids. Also they showed Animator's quite extensively but barely a mention beyond the basic rotation dining about the other two rotation restaurants.

I wasn't surprised that there was more tease than in-depth as compared to some of the other lines with more focus on the development process. That is pure Disney marketing at its best - give them enough to get them thinking but they have to come here to see it all!

I'm not complaining, I loved it and will probably tape it Sat.

Deb

I can't believe it's only been 9 months since our last cruise. Watching the special made me feel like it's been years. I really want to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter