Travel insurance for renting DVC points

I made a $1800 donation to a DVC member. The moral thing to do would be to refund half and we both take part of the loss. I will never rent points again after this experience. When we buy I won't be an owner who does this to people.
I sympathize so much. We lost $3800 and it was going to be our first time ever staying in a Deluxe resort. Disappointed is an understatement. We rescheduled (with not much hope of actually going) and yesterday was the day we were supposed to fly in. I have had a pit in my stomach since yesterday from sadness. We also will never try renting points again and will never recommend it to our friends. The amount we “saved” was minimal at best anyway. Booking direct through Disney is the way to go for us moving forward, even if it means never staying in a deluxe.

I am sorry that so many of you lost money. We are in the same boat, our family booked a once in a lifetime trip to Disneyland Grand Californian and rented points. I bought the "Pandemic Plus" insurance, but didn't see the fine print about paying extra for that at checkout. The resort isn't open yet and the insurance said that we don't meet any of the conditions. I will never rent again. Lesson learned here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter