• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Well, I just changed the FPs to duplicate FOP and Expedition Everest. I then had a call from the woman at DSS who had helped me saying that she was finalizing our plans and noticed I had modified...she told me I was not allowed to double up. She ‘helpfully’ switched them back to what they were originally. She said if I tried to duplicate, the system would use both FP entitlements at once causing us to lose FPs.

If I wait a day or two, do those of you who know a bit more here think I will be alright going back and modifying again? I think people here have had success modifying and duplicating, is this correct?

It depends on the park, but my family often does over 10 FPs in 3 hours in Magic Kingdom (our record is 14 FPs between 9-noon). We pre-book only one FP and then grab what is available once you tap into the next ride. It's kind of like FP bingo. And there is not much competition for day-of FPs in the early morning.

--

I was sold on CLFP until I found out you cannot overlap them. Now I'm not so certain. Even if you use your first three "regular" FPs, it would be hard/impossible to pull a 4th day-of FP without overlapping the 3 CLFPs.

How do people best maximize FP use beyond the 6 FPs?
I believe you, which is why I was a little hesitant to post my experience. I too have done more than one FP per hour, but it REALLY depends which FP you want, and how busy the park is.

If/when my goal is to do the maximum number of FP then my ride choices are going to be different choices than what we chose.

I'm not sure how to characterize our goals for this trip this in this space, but here goes:

If we see that BTMRR has a short wait, we'll absolutely ride it five times in a row. But we knew Easter 2018 wasn't going to be that way. More or less, our options for riding BTMRR were: FP, after midnight, or FP. Almost the only way to get a FP for any of the MK Mtns was to book it at 60 days.

So for us, having the extra FP meant more e-rides than we'd normally get to ride over the very crowded Easter week. Our choices in MK were: Space Mtn, BTMRR, 7D, Splash, PotC, P Pan, and HM.

Mid afternoon, the standby wait for Splash exceeded three hours! The queue for the Haunted Mansion snaked down by the water in way we'd never seen before! So we were really happy we had a FP for those.

But then, I should also add that we didn't wait long for the carousel, Peoplemover, or Philarmagic.

We also managed a few extra FP, and we even had a few FP options. Even with our limited options, we sometimes chose our preferred FP attraction over getting the highest number of FP.

Last edited:
How do people best maximize FP use beyond the 6 FPs?

Hopefully, I kind of addressed your actual question in my long post. I think in short, I wouldn't use this program for a non-hopping Epcot day. I don't think you could max this program in Epcot.

We were able to get a 4th regular FP after we used our 3 regular FP. I tried to suggest that strategy to everyone earlier. Otherwise, I kind of say the advantage of this program is the kind of FP you are able to pre-book, as opposed to pure quantity.

I always checked, and at no time was I able to move ANY of our 6 prebooked FP to earlier times. I also looked before we went, and everything good was sold out well in advance. (Unless we wanted to trade our 7D FP for the teacups.)

On less busy weeks, we sometimes have been able to move our FP to earlier times, so it probably still is possible on less busy weeks. That's why I keep saying when we went. Holiday weeks are a special kind of crazy.

For that matter, we didn't have any ADR's either, but I also checked ADR's options a number of times. In short, a few dinner options popped up every morning when I looked. Options were very limited, but a few popped up.

Hopefully, I kind of addressed your actual question in my long post.

Yes! Thank you for your posts, very helpful!

I'm leaning on using this for 3 trips (morning, evening, morning) at DHS and use all 3 in toy story land... I know it's excessive, but it seems to be a really good use of this program.

A few quick questions

1. I should book CL FPs AFTER regular FPs?

2. The CL FPs can't be for the same ride on the same day as regular FPs?

3. The CL FPs cam be used for different parks on same day?

4. CL FPs can be used on any ride ( could all be Tier 1 on same day)?

5. DSS books on 90 day mark from checkout date and I need to call in (what time)?

6. We are doing EMM on a Tuesday - when should I start FPs and what should we just head to right after EMM ahead or RD crowd-

Thanks

A few quick questions

5. DSS books on 90 day mark from checkout date and I need to call in (what time)?

6. We are doing EMM on a Tuesday - when should I start FPs and what should we just head to right after EMM ahead or RD crowd-

Thanks
I’m very interested in the responses here to your question 2. People here have been able to do this. However, when I made my CL FPs this week, I did what others have done without the same results. I reserved 6 different attractions and went back and modified my 3 non-CL ones to duplicate two of the CL ones...I immediately had a phone call from DSS letting me know that is not allowed. So I’m curious how others have done this when I was in trouble for it.

I’ll try to answer your other questions:

1. I’m not sure what you mean by this. You can make CL FP at 90 days prior to your check-out day. Your days with non-CL FP are at 60 days prior to your check-in day. You can make your non-CL FPs that will take place on the same day as the CL ones at 90 days (at least I was able to make all 6 for the days I was purchasing the 3 extras).

I tried to make our CL FPs for the time of day when I know I am least likely to feel the need to rearrange our schedule last minute. There’s a way to call to modify those FPs, but I find that more cumbersome than just opening the app and seeing what I can juggle. It varies by park for my family. In some cases I know we tend to rearrange in the evening, so I scheduled the CL FPs for morning. In other cases we’re likely to want to switch in the morning so I scheduled our CL FPs for later in the day on those days.

2. I’m interested in the replies here.

3. Not sure. I made all of ours for the same park.

4. Yes! You can have all 3 as tier 1! I did this at Epcot.

5. Yes, 90 days prior to the day when you check out from CL. DSS hours are 9 AM to 5 PM. I don’t think you need to feel a rush to call immediately at 9 AM; it isn’t like getting a Be Our Guest ADR. ;) I called about 1 PM and got everything we wanted at the exact times we wanted.

6. Not sure here. We are doing EMM a day before the day we are doing the first day of our CL FPs. Our priority after EMM is going to Princess Fairytale Hall..might not be the same for others.

A few quick questions

Thanks

1) This is really personal preference mixed with how you like to tour / your overall strategy for the day. Personally, I booked the three Extra FPs first / in the morning since with our touring style, I’m less likely to want to change those (you can’t manually change/modify them, have to call DSS), then I can freely tinker with the other ones. But others have done the opposite. It definitely makes you “think” about your plan for any given day, if you want to hop, etc.

2) DSS won’t book duplicates on the same day, but you can manually change any of your Regular FPs after the fact to duplicate an Extra FP ride. DSS may tell you not to do this, but reports so far has been that nothing bad happens day of if you do this (note, don’t come yell at me if something does happen, I haven’t personally done this yet)

3) The Extra FPs can be at any park.

4) Extra FPs can be used on any tier (yes, you can book all Tier 1s)

5) DSS hours are 9-5. You can call whenever. I didn’t call right at 90 days from check-out. You have time to play with since the supply of FPs are that point is effectively unlimited.

6) Highly subjective. Personally, I like to do my FPs early. Ie, be using the first one at the end of the window, then jump to the next FP. On the trip I have the Extra FP program booked, we are also doing EMM one morning but I purposely didn’t make this day one of our Extra FP days.

That’s correct at the time of booking with the DSS CM for 3 Extras and 3 regulars.

How you Modify your 3 regulars as soon as you end the conversation with DSS is up to you.

That’s correct at the time of booking with the DSS CM for 3 Extras and 3 regulars.

How you Modify your 3 regulars as soon as you end the conversation with DSS is up to you.
DSS called me after I had modified and told me I wasn’t allowed to do that. I know others here have done it; mine seems to be the first time (that anyone has reported) of specifically receiving a phone call about doing (or rather not doing) this.

DSS called me after I had modified and told me I wasn’t allowed to do that. I know others here have done it; mine seems to be the first time (that anyone has reported) of specifically receiving a phone call about doing (or rather not doing) this.

I saw your post a few days back but didn't have time to respond. Definitely the first time I've heard that. I ended up changing mine to duplicate one, but it was a while later in the process, so not sure if that made a difference? There was a mistake in my email from DSS so I called to check in - at the same time I had changed resorts so had shifted around some park days/nights so I changed some of the extra FPs at that point. I asked about duplicates then and they advised me against it, but I didn't ever receive a phone call regarding it after the fact.

I tried to make our CL FPs for the time of day when I know I am least likely to feel the need to rearrange our schedule last minute. There’s a way to call to modify those FPs, but I find that more cumbersome than just opening the app and seeing what I can juggle. It varies by park for my family. In some cases I know we tend to rearrange in the evening, so I scheduled the CL FPs for morning. In other cases we’re likely to want to switch in the morning so I scheduled our CL FPs for later in the day on those days.

This is very well said.

It really does vary by park for us too. It makes booking this a bit of a challenge - trying to “guess” what we’re likely to do based on our past FP modifying habits. It’s almost a bit much for our particular style!

I’m now hesitant to go back and duplicate. I want to, but DSS has already called me once and specifically told me I’m not allowed to do it. I’m afraid they could take away our extra FPs if the see I’ve done it a second time. Hmmm...I’m going to think on this one for a few days.

It's interesting they continue to advise against it when there aren’t any negative aspects to duplicating FPs.

It was interesting...I spoke to two different CMs in the span of a couple of days, because of the email mistake and the changes, etc., and then reports here about possible problems. The first one emphasized, when I asked, that they couldn't make the change or duplicate in the system. She repeated it multiple times when I asked the question in different ways. I interpreted that as they couldn't but I might be able to do it. The second CM I spoke to about it - this was after I did it (I think) but can't remember - strongly advised against it and told me that the system couldn't handle it and I'd possible lose all my FPs if I tried to use a duplicate.

This is very well said.

It really does vary by park for us too. It makes booking this a bit of a challenge - trying to “guess” what we’re likely to do based on our past FP modifying habits. It’s almost a bit much for our particular style!

I agree - I've been a bit overloaded this week so haven't been able to summarize our experiences, but sometimes it was helpful and sometimes a stressor! I was lucky I made some fairly good choices when I booked based on our general touring style because I thought I'd get around to reviewing and revising things came up and that didn't happen!

Well I’ve got some dup’d and I’m wiling to take the gamble. ::yes::

But if I don’t get to ride AS2 twice I’m coming here to blame @hiroMYhero :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That's kind of how I felt (not the part about blaming @hiroMYhero but the other part). By the time the trip came, I was okay with rolling the dice! But I had a FP on a different day for my duplicate so it was a bit of an insurance policy!

A few quick questions

Thanks
1. We did CL FPs first
2.some folks have done it and some have received phone calls telling them they can’t. I wonder if they monitor you for a day or so??
3.yes
4. Yes
5. Yes. Anytime
6.we are doing EMM on our CLFP day and we are starting our FPs at 10 and then every hour Adventureland and the Tomorrowland.

the system couldn't handle it and I'd possible lose all my FPs if I tried to use a duplicate.
They obviously don’t know that each specific FP has its own code - proven by @Chef Louis in his reports here. :goodvibes Which is good for non-CL guests booking regular FPs at 60-days out because all the regular FPs are coming out of the 60-day FP Pool.

They obviously don’t know that each specific FP has its own code - proven by @Chef Louis in his reports here. :goodvibes Which is good for non-CL guests booking regular FPs at 60-days out because all the regular FPs are coming out of the 60-day FP Pool.

I had read his post so I thought it would work, but if the dire predictions came through, I was prepared to fill the time by extending my Tiffins cocktail break on the outdoor porch. I'm nothing if not flexible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter