Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just phoned guest services to complain here's what they told me.

All rooms at dog friendly hotels will allow dogs.

2 dogs max of any size.

Dogs will be allowed on magical express if you have allergies you will have to wait for another bus.

You will not be moved from a resort if you have allergies, your options are request a deep clean, take a downgrade and get a partial refund or pay to upgrade. Even if you booked this as a pet free hotel.

This comes from corporate and guest services can't do anything.

Dogs will not be allowed on public areas, but guest services can't promise this will be policed.

Noisy dogs will be asked to leave, only well behaved dogs are allowed. Again they can't promise how this will be policed.

A deep clean will conist of carpet shampoo and cleaning of air vents, soft furniturings
Such as chair cushions, pillows, matteresses and duvet will not be changed.

I spoke to Darling on the guest relations phone line and Joseph.

Unbelievable!!! So the almighty doggie dollar is worth more to them than CUSTOMERS with ALLERGY concerns, FEAR of Dogs concerns, etc., etc., etc. This really doesn't make me want to go to Disney at all! We save for years to be able to spend thousands of dollars there & that's how they treat us....

As a fellow dog "attack" victim, I totally understand where you're coming from. I was five when my friend's grandparents' German Shepard charged my friend and me, brought us to the ground, and jumped on us. We were unattended in the backyard during the incident and, when we ran into the house crying hysterically, we were told, "Oh, she was just playing. She must like you!" Truth be told, the dog was usually a very good dog but the incident was traumatizing nonetheless. I still flinch when in the company of a big dog.:worried:

Thanks for getting it. :goodvibes

I don't hate dogs. I tolerate them. I just don't want to encounter them on my vacation, so I'll probably avoid the dog friendly resorts. Fortunately for me, those resorts aren't my favourite.

Ironically, the guests that are really against this will go hire the baddest bulldog lawyer they can find to hound Disney about throwing them a bone and changing this - unless of course a judge tells them they're just barking up the wrong tree.
Not so fast. I cringed at the idea of allowing dogs at resorts (even harder than I cringed at your terrible, overreaching puns) but I'd never even think about taking legal action unless I were attacked by a dog. Even then, my action would be against the owner, not WDW.

I hope other shareholders that are not happy with this shortsighted and short notice change will contact cooperate.

Contact Addresses for
WDW Officials

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

This is the universal address! For example, if you want to write to the General Manager of All Star Music, or any other resort, address the envelope to the person and use the P.O. Box 10000 address.

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Robert A. Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Bob Chapek
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Karl L. Holz
President New Vacation Operations and Disney Cruise Line
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Mr. George Kalogridis
President, Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Not so fast. I cringed at the idea of allowing dogs at resorts (even harder than I cringed at your terrible, overreaching puns) but I'd never even think about taking legal action unless I were attacked by a dog. Even then, my action would be against the owner, not WDW.

I don't think the post was serious -- I read it as an attempt at stringing together as many dog puns as possible.

eta: sorry, redundant. I didn't see your comment on the puns until I reread. agreed though. :laughing:

Thanks for getting it. :goodvibes

I don't hate dogs. I tolerate them. I just don't want to encounter them on my vacation, so I'll probably avoid the dog friendly resorts. Fortunately for me, those resorts aren't my favourite.

Believe it or not, I don't hate dogs either. Furthermore, as long as I can avoid dogs at my resort (save for a few properly trained, bona fire service dogs), I don't really foresee this affecting my vacation. If, however, Disney decides to extend the pilot program inside of a year to other resorts with little or no notice (we are staying at the BC club in less than 2 months), I will be quite upset.

Last edited:
I asked for a deep clean at CBR years ago due to the room covered with dust and urine on the bathroom floor. What I got was laughable. They wiped the room with a wet rag and mopped the bathroom floor.

I was just going to mention this as well. There have been many reports over the years of people who asked for the VIP cleaning for allergies and they appeared to not get any special cleaning judging by the condition of the room when they arrived. I wouldn't count on anything better.

I am not allergic. I was attacked by a dog on my way to school when I was a child. So I don't like dogs. I have gotten over my fear of most dogs. But I will cross the road to avoid passing a bigger dog on the sidewalk if I'm walking. The reason? I find many dog owners love their pets so much, they let their pets sniff, lick, jump on you and laughingly say, "Oh, they really like you!" I really prefer to not encounter dogs on pathways at resorts on my vacation for that reason. Many dog owners are very respectful, but some are not.
Dog attack victim here too. Japanese Akita. He was chained to a picnic table and drug it across the yard to where I was riding my bike. I was knocked off of my bike and was bitten and scratched enough that the dog was taken away via animal control. Me, I went to the ER. I still have scars. The dog ended up in doggy jail for 15 days and then was put down.

I love dogs. MY dogs. I know them, they know me. Other dogs? Not a fan. A large dog? Like you I will cross the street to avoid. And like you I hate owners that allow dogs to jump up after being told that I don't like it.

I end up having to put up with nasty smokers, I really don't want to have to put up with nasty dog owners.

We are staying at POR in January. I told my kids they were now allowing dogs. They got all excited thinking we were taking our dog. Uh...no. I would never torture myself or the rest of POR like that. :rotfl:

I’m not just absolutely thrilled with the idea but I’m not just vehemently against it either. I honestly don’t think the resort is going to be overrun with dogs. :confused3

I vehemently disagree. But that's fine--just keep your smelly dog quiet and away from me (and out of the pool, restaurant, etc.)

For the record, I actually never said that I would prefer to bring my dogs. I like to fly & that would not be optimal. But, I realize that there are other ppl besides me in the world & this may appeal to others. I would like if WDW enforced noise issues with ALL types of guests & would expect ppl to bring their dogs wherever WDW policy permits. Also, wish I could avoid some of the “smelly” ppl I have encountered on EVERY trip, but it is what it is & I’m adult so I do what I have to do to still enjoy myself.

For the record, I actually never said that I would prefer to bring my dogs. I like to fly & that would not be optimal. But, I realize that there are other ppl besides me in the world & this may appeal to others. I would like if WDW enforced noise issues with ALL types of guests & would expect ppl to bring their dogs wherever WDW policy permits. Also, wish I could avoid some of the “smelly” ppl I have encountered on EVERY trip, but it is what it is & I’m adult so I do what I have to do to still enjoy myself.
Ah! Something we can both agree on--I totally wish that I could avoid some of the "smelly" people, too. :D

I have yet to smell the person that has been assigned to a guest room right before me. On the other hand I have smelled a dog or dogs that have been in the room.

Totally different situation.

Thankfully, they haven't started this with DVC. If they do, I pray they don't include our home resort or other favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter