Tried to be sneaky but the trick was on us! A family reunites... June 2014

Haha, I tend to go right to the back of the bus too. I think I like to keep an eye on everyone, lol.

I honestly consider myself half Spanish just because I know that one phrase. :thumbsup2

I've never stayed at a monorail resort, but my God how good it must feel to be swimming around, look up, and see the castle.

I've only been the the G FLo once, and I didn't sport that lovely lady, but one day I plan to make a point of it. Love that you stopped to say hello Marcie.

Maybe one day we can both stay in a monorail resort!

You should make plans to visit the G and F and seek her out!

Hello! I've really enjoyed your TR so far and I've subscribed.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my grandma to cancer when I was just a couple years older than your children, and I really love how you tell your children she is in neverland. I will think of my grandma looking out for me from neverland from now on, thank you very much for sharing this with us!

Also, the Royal Room looks absolutely beautiful - like a dream come true!! Your photos have made me strongly consider it for future trips. And I love the photos of your sons on the GF stairs - so fun!!

Looking forward to more updates! : )

Ahhh thank you- I'm sorry for your loss as well... It is a very comforting feeling when you look at it that way. :)

The RR really are amazing!!

Thank you for joining in!

sounds like a fun time visiting the different resorts - though I can see being sad about seeing the pools but not getting to play in them

I am sure the Poly will look great when done, but it's a little sad now - especially with the waterfall gone :guilty:

We enjoy resort hopping & plan to do it again next time...

The waterfall just made the poly IMO!

the boys look like they are having fun by the pool--cute pictures!

oh, I love the pictures in the GF! when went for the first time on our last trip and I was in LOVE as soon as we walked in. i'd love to stay there someday too, but....

id never heard the story about the woman who sits in the lobby. I don't think she was there when we went, or else I just didn't notice. that's a sweet, but sad, story.

They did have a great time by the pool!

It is a bittersweet story!!

Hi! Joining in!

I'm Ann, a special needs teacher from Northwest Indiana (right outside Chicago). I have the summer off, so more time to read trip reports!

I'm sorry about the loss of your mother. That is a fantastic photo you have of her with your darling boys. It sounds like you have wonderful memories to hold on to.

I never knew about the Teddy Bear Lady at the Grand Floridian. I googled her and found threads right here on the Disboards discussing her. I'm glad you spoke to her. I learned her name is Lynn and if you are interested, her sister gives her backstory in the first post of this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2040919

A word of warning, it's a really long thread and some posters are pretty cruel regarding her.

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

I'm enjoying your monorail resort tour pictures! We did that same tour this past trip. Like you, I'd love to stay in one of them one day but I doubt that I could eek the money from my wallet. :rotfl:

Hi! Joining in!

I'm Ann, a special needs teacher from Northwest Indiana (right outside Chicago). I have the summer off, so more time to read trip reports!

I'm sorry about the loss of your mother. That is a fantastic photo you have of her with your darling boys. It sounds like you have wonderful memories to hold on to.

I never knew about the Teddy Bear Lady at the Grand Floridian. I googled her and found threads right here on the Disboards discussing her. I'm glad you spoke to her. I learned her name is Lynn and if you are interested, her sister gives her backstory in the first post of this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2040919

A word of warning, it's a really long thread and some posters are pretty cruel regarding her.

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Hi Ann! Thank you for joining in, the condolences and thank you for the thread... I will have to address her by name- next time! :))

I'm enjoying your monorail resort tour pictures! We did that same tour this past trip. Like you, I'd love to stay in one of them one day but I doubt that I could eek the money from my wallet. :rotfl:

I'm glad Lisa! Isn't in fun? I'm planning for Feb and I'm making sure I stick the resort crawl somewhere in there... We are bringing some " newbies" and I know they'd enjoy!

Hi there :wave2:

I finally made my way over here... a little late :upsidedow Your intro was very nice, and of course you brought tears to my eyes. Such sweet pictures!

So glad you liked POR!!! It is a fabulous resort in so many ways. Our boys loved the Royal rooms, too. I didn't think they were too girly at all. Very nicely done.

And the Poly.... :rolleyes: One of my very favorite resorts, but wow! The construction is definitely a must-do, but it sure is an eye-sore now. When we walked over there and saw all of that mess, I was completely shocked. I agree with you about Captain Cook's. We walked in there to see about a dole-whip and quickly turned around. It reminded me of a fast food restaurant :laughing: The Poly will be one beautiful place again once everything is finished.

And how nice that your MIL experienced some Disney Magic. That made me smile. Such a great place for families!

Look forward to reading more! :goodvibes
Heather

Hi there :wave2:

I finally made my way over here... a little late :upsidedow Your intro was very nice, and of course you brought tears to my eyes. Such sweet pictures!

So glad you liked POR!!! It is a fabulous resort in so many ways. Our boys loved the Royal rooms, too. I didn't think they were too girly at all. Very nicely done.

And the Poly.... :rolleyes: One of my very favorite resorts, but wow! The construction is definitely a must-do, but it sure is an eye-sore now. When we walked over there and saw all of that mess, I was completely shocked. I agree with you about Captain Cook's. We walked in there to see about a dole-whip and quickly turned around. It reminded me of a fast food restaurant :laughing: The Poly will be one beautiful place again once everything is finished.

And how nice that your MIL experienced some Disney Magic. That made me smile. Such a great place for families!

Look forward to reading more! :goodvibes
Heather

So glad you joined in Heather!! Thank you!!

Looking back- I should have turned back around at CC's too- just a mess but hey, the food was good! Oh and by the way- they didn't even have any dole whips so you didn't miss nothin'!!

About to pop on over and read some more of yours now too!

Monorail tours, always a perfect choice when looking for some down time.

Poor Landen, remembering that traumatic character interaction! :rotfl2:

Oh wow, that sandwich looks good! I had a Pork Pig Slider from the Flower and Garden booth, and that sort of looks like it. I'll have to give it a try one day. (Of course, I agree with you, the Poly seems nuts with all that construction.)

Your boys are just too dang adorable! Love all the pics of them together. Those two are gonna be best buds.

I love that new Alice in Wonderland splash zone. I just took Landon to a splash pad yesterday, and the whole time I kept thinking about how awesome that GF one would be. Seems like both of us have similar tastes/interests as far as Disney goes. Guess it comes with having Landons/Landens. :rotfl2::lmao:

Did your MIL enjoy the resorts? Was it hard to be so close to the MK and see the castle from the resorts and know you had to wait a day? I know it always is for me.

Monorail tours, always a perfect choice when looking for some down time.

Poor Landen, remembering that traumatic character interaction! :rotfl2:

Oh wow, that sandwich looks good! I had a Pork Pig Slider from the Flower and Garden booth, and that sort of looks like it. I'll have to give it a try one day. (Of course, I agree with you, the Poly seems nuts with all that construction.)

Your boys are just too dang adorable! Love all the pics of them together. Those two are gonna be best buds.

I love that new Alice in Wonderland splash zone. I just took Landon to a splash pad yesterday, and the whole time I kept thinking about how awesome that GF one would be. Seems like both of us have similar tastes/interests as far as Disney goes. Guess it comes with having Landons/Landens. :rotfl2::lmao:

Did your MIL enjoy the resorts? Was it hard to be so close to the MK and see the castle from the resorts and know you had to wait a day? I know it always is for me.

You know what? We do have similar interests it seems, huh? I already love ya since you have a Landon and all :))) Name your next one Lawson & we will be good to go.. Lol! Jk! I feel like we have to name a 3rd one- an L name as well.. ;)

Yes! She did enjoy the resorts and it was hard for it to be right there & know we couldn't go...

Thank you for complimenting the boys... They already are best friends and Laws keeps asking me when he can get a sister, lol. He loves being a big brother.

After we had all of our fun at the monorail resorts, we boarded a bus to the Animal Kingdom! I wanted the boys to be able to see the animals and I wanted to check out the resort for a possible future stay.... The animals were out and about this afternoon.

2na2mhf.jpg

2dbwfw1.jpg

j74xvn.jpg

I am glad we went here and all and would go back and visit, but I just don't think that I would like to stay here..... It just wasn't really my taste and if I were picking a deluxe, I think I would go for one of the Epcot resorts or the WL. Now, it was beautiful, don't get me wrong, it just wasn't my favorite.

After our stroll around AKL, we decided we better head on back to POR so we could get in a swim and eat dinner. We changed into our suits and after a short 5 minute walk, arrived at Ol Man Island.

29kzwc1.jpg

The water slide was awesome! One of my favorite things of the moderates, compared to values. This was the first time Lawson was brave enough to go down- of course I had to catch him at the bottom. :)

There is also a smaller "baby" pool.. See my big baby enjoying himself?

1zdrm02.jpg

Cheese!!

2d28938.jpg

Lawson and I also hopped in the jacuzzi for a bit but then the rain started and we got out to go grab some dinner. We walked by the pool bar, Muddy Rivers but didnt get anything b/c the kids were ready to eat. Maybe next time.

We got to the food court and I knew I wanted to try the make your own pasta, as that is one of the things I had heard about the POR food court! I got the fettucinne, shrimp, mushrooms, onion, garlic, tossed in an alfredo sauce.. It did not dissapoint!! It was YUMMY!!

2cicwzr.jpg

Stevie got the turkey platter with mashed pots and corn. MIL got a large pepp pizza for her and Lawson to share... She also got a drink and only paid $17.00 for the pizza and drink.. I thought that was a great value, especially at Disney.

I got Landen a side of macaroni and cheese and I think he had a fruit pouch here.

After we had our fill, we mosied back outside and took some pics..

3521476.jpg

I love this picture so much... He sure does love him some big brother. I hope they always remain this close. <3

Family... <3

2rdks1s.jpg

Wild and crazy... That's just how we roll....

2ze08ie.jpg

Sassagoula River on the way back to room.. So serene and beautiful...

2mgr0af.jpg

We were headed back to the room to change into pajamas so we could catch the "Movie Under the Stars" AKA The Pirate Fairy.
Now, this didn't last long because poor Landy just couldn't sit still and we knew we had a busy, early morning anyways...

bf011j.jpg

21nlbls.jpg

Such a neat concept!

Wish I could have a fountain like this at home!

1zoj4me.jpg

All ready for bed!

343rhn9.jpg

Upon returning to our room, we put the boys in the bed as MIL was going to stay with them so we could run to Wal-Mart... It sounds funny but I swear, I enjoyed my alone time to the Orlando wally world with the hubster.. I really did. When you don't get it very often, you appreciate it and let's face it, No vacation is complete without a run to the local Wal-Mart!! :))

I took this picture as I turned off the lights before we left...

16ay25v.jpg

Have a magical night!!! ( Why can't I have this on my bed?)

Coming up.... I know it all ends tomorrow.... So, it has to be todddayyyy...

I hope you guys will hang out on my TR with me. Lots of fun and first time things! We pulled off a big surprise, we were on the receiving end of a surprise, first rope drop, someone recognized me from the DIS ( EEEEEKKKKK) visited new resorts, stayed in two resorts, got stuck on a monorail, got stuck in an elevator, flew to Neverland, traveled to Infinity and Beyond, got stuck and had to walk off a ride, went mining with the dwarfs and lots, lots more.. And mind you, we were only there for three days. :cool2:

Ummmmm, that would be me!

Hello, again! I should formally introduce myself: Hi! My name is Marsha and I'm from Ohio.

We (me, DH, oldest DD, her DH and daughter, younger DD, my parents) were there in June 2014 because my niece and nephew were in one of the High School bands that marched in the MK that afternoon. And, while there, figured out that it was 40 years ago that my parents took me to WDW for the first time!

It was nice meeting you at WDW! Your boys are adorable!

More great pictures from your resort hopping tour! We have only gone to the Animal Kingdom Lodge once (remember the whole snake incident?:worried:) and we didn't get to really have a good look at the place since it was dark by the time we finished dinner. If they only had beaches, I think I could talk John into staying there. :p

Nice pics at AKL! We really, really liked AKL lots! Especially the CMs....some of the friendliest we've ever encountered while at Disney. However...if we were doing a long trip, we probably would choose another resort simply because of the location. We were only there a few nights for our "relaxing" part of the vacation....so no parks - just Blizzard Beach. Their pool is so big and spacious that it never seems crowded at all. And the games they played with the kids were awesome!! Lots to do there without having to venture into the parks. But again...just too isolated for us.

Question...did POR not have seats for the movie??? It looked like everyone was seated on the ground. Kinda strange? Still a great resort!!

Did you say 'last day'???! :upsidedow Hate those! :laughing:

Y'all have a Happy 4th!!!
Heather

Ah AKL. It's definitely worth a visit just for the animal viewing alone.

Haha, the "Wild and Crazy" photo is great!!!

I can't lie, I kinda enjoy visiting Wal-Mart in that area. Just the vast size of the "Disney" section is something to see.

Glad you got to see AKL - I am kinda with you in that it is beautiful and would make for a nice vacation, but by being so separate it almost seems like separate form the rest of WDW - especially when comparing it to a monorail or EPCOT area resort where you can like walk to parks and tons of other things.

That pool at POR looks like a lot of fun!

Gotta love those headboards :goodvibes

Ummmmm, that would be me!

Hello, again! I should formally introduce myself: Hi! My name is Marsha and I'm from Ohio.

We (me, DH, oldest DD, her DH and daughter, younger DD, my parents) were there in June 2014 because my niece and nephew were in one of the High School bands that marched in the MK that afternoon. And, while there, figured out that it was 40 years ago that my parents took me to WDW for the first time!

It was nice meeting you at WDW! Your boys are adorable!

I'm so glad you joined the party!! And super glad you said hello that day!! :)) Did you all get soaking wet?!! I felt so bad for the band members!

More great pictures from your resort hopping tour! We have only gone to the Animal Kingdom Lodge once (remember the whole snake incident?:worried:) and we didn't get to really have a good look at the place since it was dark by the time we finished dinner. If they only had beaches, I think I could talk John into staying there. :p

I hear you on the beaches! It was a lovely resort and I wish I'd had time to check out pool.. I just think the more colorful, beachy resorts are more me... Although I did love the southernness ( is that a word) at POR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter