Trip arriving Dec 11-20, when can I register for advance DAS.

lizaisabel

Mouseketeer
I know I can register between 2-30 days from park day, but I don’t know if I need to wait until 30 days from my first or last park day. Would be 30 days from Dec 11 or 30 days from Dec 20?

Technically, WDW asks that all days of your trip be within the 30-day window. Experiences vary. If you call 30 days from arrival, you might only be able to set-up DAS and 1 day of Advanced Selections; or you might be able to do 7 days. Most likely you can only set-up 7 days of Advanced Selections and be told to do the rest onsite; again, that seems to vary. If you really want to be sure to book Advanced Selections for as many days as possible, wait to call. If you are willing to reconnect later to complete the process, go with 30 days from arrival.

Sorry for the non-specific answer :confused3

I have done the DAS online 4 or 5 times and have always stayed onsite and got my DAS 30days from the first park day and been able to do the advance DAS for the first 7 day.

This is what I have experience

We have a family member who is going end February and has problems when doing a lot of walking and standing. He has had reconstruction surgery on his heel and ankle due to a work accident and his leg swells up and he suffers with a lot of pain. They will be probably at Hollywood Studios for one day and would like to make the most of it. Not sure if he would quality for DAS but was wondering what is the telephone number where he can find out? Also, were would they register online. Thanks for your help!

We have a family member who is going end February and has problems when doing a lot of walking and standing. He has had reconstruction surgery on his heel and ankle due to a work accident and his leg swells up and he suffers with a lot of pain. They will be probably at Hollywood Studios for one day and would like to make the most of it. Not sure if he would quality for DAS but was wondering what is the telephone number where he can find out? Also, were would they register online. Thanks for your help!
The first post of THIS THREAD (pinned near the top of this forum) includes the link to the video chat for DAS. There is no phone number. However based on what you've described, your family member will be much better served by using an ECV or wheelchair and unlikely to qualify for DAS unless there is more to his needs than you explained.

Just know that he can't request DAS until you are within 30 days of the visit -- so in about a month.

The first post of THIS THREAD (pinned near the top of this forum) includes the link to the video chat for DAS. There is no phone number. However based on what you've described, your family member will be much better served by using an ECV or wheelchair and unlikely to qualify for DAS unless there is more to his needs than you explained.

Just know that he can't request DAS until you are within 30 days of the visit -- so in about a month.
Thank you for the info. He is stubborn and always pays the price at the end of the day and into the next. Guess they have two months to try to convince him to use some help. So much walking at the parks. Again, thanks!

Thank you for the info. He is stubborn and always pays the price at the end of the day and into the next. Guess they have two months to try to convince him to use some help. So much walking at the parks. Again, thanks!
Maybe @mamabunny will be around to share her how to ECV atDisney world and her story on the first time she had to rent an ECV (or I think it was her) at Disney. I know I have heard a number of stories of people not sure if they should rent an ECV or not. Hopefully they will come on to share their stories and you can share with your family member.

Maybe @mamabunny will be around to share her how to ECV atDisney world and her story on the first time she had to rent an ECV (or I think it was her) at Disney. I know I have heard a number of stories of people not sure if they should rent an ECV or not. Hopefully they will come on to share their stories and you can share with your family member.

Hey @weewuvvdisney, my good friend @gap2368 is talking about the first time I had to use an ECV at WDW. And what they are remembering is this story:

For years I had been limping along, bench to bench at Disney World, but over time, Disney was removing more and more benches… and all the while, I was still limping bench to bench, thinking (incorrectly, I might add) that my family wasn’t noticing that every bench we passed, I sat on. Finally, one day in EPCOT I had to give in, and rent a scooter.

I did *not* want to. I boo-hoo’ed, I *ugly cried*. Not gonna lie, it was not pretty, and I was so deep into denial, I should have drowned. I thought I was going to ruin our vacation, that I was going to absolutely *die* from mortification and shame, right there in the middle of EPCOT.

And then a funny thing happened. I didn’t die. You can tell, because I am right here, right now. 😉

Instead, because I was no longer limping along (literally and figuratively) our entire family was able to do more. Because I hurt less - in fact a LOT less - I wasn’t as cranky. I had less swelling, and I slept better that night because I had less pain and swelling. The next morning, I was like a whole different person.

My family was amazed.

What I learned that day is a very simple idea, and it’s this:

An ECV - or *any* thing we use to make our life easier - can be thought of as a tool. A tool is simply a device that makes a job easier, right?

I’ll give you an example. If you wear prescription glasses, that is a tool to see better.

If you wear a hearing aid, that is a tool to boost or supplement the ability to hear.

If you use a calculator, that is a tool to do math.

If you use a garage door opener, that is a tool to open a door for you.

It’s really that simple.

There are SO many people who rent ECVs only at WDW - in their "regular" lives, they never need one or use one. And there are many, many folks who haver “hidden” disabilities that use ECVs as well.

Anyone who judges them does so from a place of fear and ignorance. Using an ECV to maximize your vacation at WDW is no different than using a pair of glasses to see, or a calculator to do math. It is a tool to accomplish a goal or task. Nothing more.

And if someone does give him the stink-eye? So what? Who cares? The chances of ever running into that person again at Disney World (or anywhere outside of Disney World) is slim to none, and Slim just left town.

Tell him Mamabunny said get on that thing, and ride. Wave to all the pretty girls, and blow kisses like the handsome prince we all know he is. Have fun at Disney World; life is too short to be in pain when you don’t have to be.

PS: you have my full permission to show this to him. And if he has any questions at all, I will be glad to answer them. Happy New Year!

Have his family ask him if he can walk 5-6 miles a day. If he needs to sit down frequently, he's going to have to walk even more to find an open bench to sit on. DAS doesn't help for standing/walking issues, IMO. He would still need to find a place to wait, and that could involve more walking! An ECV makes so much more sense, as it would give him a place to sit, take the load off his heel, and help him elevate his leg (if he can get it up high enough from a seated position) to reduce swelling. Not that he should zip around with his leg elevated (as it would be sticking out) but once in a while when not moving would help? He could prop it on a low wall, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter