Trip Issurance-reason to purchase!!

babysharknc

Earning My Ears
I just wanted everyone to know that we had a very close call...We leave this Saturday for our very first trip to DL. Monday my DD5 got the chicken pox. :scared1: She has been vacinated and it was a very mild case and her pediatrician has given her the ok to leave this Sat. I usually buy trip insurance and we had coverage for our airfare but not our DL stay. Just be aware if you cancel 0-5 days before your trip you lose everything! So if you have little ones please purchase trip insurance! :flower:

I'm glad you are still able to go! I accidently bought trip insurance. I booked online and the little box was checked for it and I forgot to un-check it. After thinking about it, I decided not to mess with it because you just never know...it may just come in handy. Plus in the whole scheme of things, it didn't cost that much.

We first learned about trip insurance when booking DCL cruises. We had one close call and then we've had to use the insurance twice. This past September our cruise was delayed due to Hurricane Jeanne. The expenses we incurred while hunkering down in Florida were paid back by the insurance. This past January the extra insurance I bought on the air fare we purchased seperately, covered the expenses that hit us when we got "standed" in Florida an extra day due to a major snow storm that shut down air ports in our region.

Our upcoming trip to DL was booked as a package through our TA and we've made sure that there is insurance on it. We will always get insurance on any package trip, one that costs a lot and/or has less flexibility.

Traveling with a kid I always purchase insurance, on our upcoming trip to DL I actually booked through Alaska Airlines vacations for an extra $20.00 because their vacation protection package is so much better. They allow you to cancel up to four hours before you leave for any reason, with no need for a dr's note.

Another good reason to get trip insurance--our first trip to DL, I met my husband for lunch, we visited a travel agent, and paid for a DL package. When I picked him up from work, he came out carrying a box--he'd been laid off!!!

I didn't originally but decided later to add it on. It's a great reassurance just in case.

While reading a post on the DCL board, I was reminded of another good reason to have insurance. If someone gets hurt or sick during your vacation and you miss out on parts of it, you can file a claim for trip interuption.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter