Trip report- A tail of two seashores.

Sjm9911

DIS Veteran
Ok , this will be updated throughout the month as this progresses and will be in two parts. First one is starting NOW. We will be heading to https://www.sunrvresorts.com/resort...e=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=yext
This is a camping resort, i plan on cramed in tight spots and tons of kids. But thats what we wanted for this trip. There are lots of great camping places around campe may that are similer. So, lake swimming, pool swimming and mini golf galore. While in the cape may area i plan to hit some of my favorite things to do that i haven't done in 20 years. So it will be a walk down nostalgia way. After getting back from cape may there will be a small break before we head off to seashore state park in Delaware. That one is more state parky but still looks like close quarters. I will up date as i can and hope i can remember the pictures. This will only be our 3rd and 4th trip of the season, disney in November will end out the season. So in total 5 trips this year and about 38 nights camping total for the year. We generally stay 5 nights or longer on a trip. So here go......

20210804_081902.jpg20210804_081929.jpg20210804_081949.jpg

All hitched up and ready to go, tires up to max psi, truck and camper is packed. Walk around compleated. Lights tested. I also had to inspect the musket Mickey decal to make sure hes still staying on. And the tire cover on the back is still holding up well for what it cost. I did have an out break of sewer flys I was fighting last week , so i think thats done also. Dont know how they got in as i never leave the drains open, and i havent even been to a full hook up site since last year?

Seashore state park. Never been, its like under a bridge and on the inlet across from the beach.

I've been there to fish and investigate for potential camping location. A friend stayed there recently. They had super windy conditions and sand blowing everywhere. Limited hook ups. Bait and Tackle shop next door is very good expensive but good.

Checked out We'll be about 75 miles southwest at Tall Pines Harbor Campground in Temperanceville Va from Tomorrow thru Monday Am. We learned early to never travel south on Friday or Saturday or north on Saturday evening or Sunday during the summer on Rt 1 from Wilmington De to Virginia Beach Va

Last edited:

Ok so conectivity is bad. Lol. We did do a lot even though its cooler out. Pulled in at 200pm. Set up camp. Small sites. Tbh, i did not think i would fit. Good thing i said 35 foot site and not 30 as i actually am. If i had a 30 i definitely wouldn't fit. But the best part , you can judge. Did i fit or am i in the neighbors campsite? Ok cant upload pics. The conundrum will have to wait. Good thing i have 5 g connectivity woth full bars. Lol. Cant rurn it off for 4 g , that atually works. So , in the am hoping for connectivity!

20210804_180246.jpg20210804_180236.jpg

Ok you can see my rear bed slide right on the neighbors line. Behind me is a seasonal. And no i did not take out the decorative fence. I supose anyone with a 35 foot TT did that , as the site says 35 foot, you are only getting a 30 foot on it. I did move the downed pileing and the rope that was with it so it looked liked i was on my site.

The campground has tons of stuff for the kidos to do, movie every night. Pool, lake, and a decent water slide. Free mini golf , and it was well maintained. This weekend is pirate themed. They had a flyer for a boat race this weekend, you make a boat with cardboard and duct tape. I said to myself this was my kind of activity. Untill i saw it said each boat must have one driver on board and a maximum of 2 people. Um , wait , what....maybe if i knew before hand i could have taken a truck load of last weeks amazon boxes down with me. So were out for the race, but will watch it.

20210804_180023.jpg20210804_180114.jpgSite pictures! You can see my pop up portal towel, and i put the dis board sign up. Another guy down the road has a real nice fort wilderness wooden sign up. Ill try and remember to get a pic.

Ok so this morniing was busy. We did the cape may lighthouse, and sunset beach ( not at the sunset time lol) .
Light house was great, and on the beach nearby is an old ww2 military barrecks. We didn't do the treck today to the building. It was , if i remember correctly, armed and mostly for surveillance. Light house had 199 steps. Bama Ed would be proud. I have to remember to take all photos landscape veiw. 20210805_103819.jpg20210805_103644.jpg20210805_103651.jpg20210805_104259.jpg

Next off to sunset beach. There is an old ww1 concrete ship that is sunk in the water. During the war someone had a great idea to make ships out of concreate. They worked but not well. This one was going to be repurposed as a ferry, but a storm had other ideas. Sunset beach is also famous for cape may dimonds. Its just a minor genstone, not precious that shines. Its a big thing because all the kids are digging the beach looking for the next dogecoin. Lol. We got some dimonds, but they need to be polished and sanded and shapped. So i went to the gift shop and bought one allready done for the kiddo. A whopping 12.99 on a necklace allready. 20210805_114017.jpg20210805_112014.jpg20210805_114033.jpg20210805_120530.jpg

Last edited:
And the new ferry. Its the cape may lewis ferry. It will take campers across with reservations, just watch for the tide chart. If you are at low tide you moght get hung up if your towing a trailor. We may take this in a few weeks. Second picture is of a pair of dolphins going by. We atually just a small fin of the pair of dolphins going by. Zoom in close, its like a wheres waldo puzzle. Lol. I kept missing them with the camera. 20210805_133334.jpg20210805_120747.jpg

Light house had 199 steps. Bama Ed would be proud. I have to remember to take all photos landscape veiw.

All that matter is, "Did you get a lighthouse magnet for the fridge back home"?

Nice pics and write-up there, @Sjm9911.

Ed

All that matter is, "Did you get a lighthouse magnet for the fridge back home"?

Nice pics and write-up there, @Sjm9911.

Ed
Funny , as i have one allready, and its the same magnet from 30 years ago. Lol. My daughter said, i have been here before. I said, you never came here. You were not born yet. She said she remembers from the magnet on the fridge. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter