Trust points?

This is 1 of X, thus the opportunity to begin bringing in more moderate but its mood point anyways since DVD will just call everything it wants to bring into its offering a deluxe resort so that's another way I suppose.
Oh, gotcha. There would a be whole new system of moderate resorts. This being the first. Sounds more complicated when dealing with what and where points would be used, i'm sure the confusion wouldn't stop them from doing it. lol

Oh, gotcha. There would a be whole new system of moderate resorts. This being the first. Sounds more complicated when dealing with what and where points would be used, i'm sure the confusion wouldn't stop them from doing it. lol
Ever since this trust news broke I'm nothing but confused.
I thought I had a pretty good idea how it worked.
Now I feel like the kid in the classroom that keeps putting up his/her/their hand to ask a question. 🙋‍♀️

Now I feel like the kid in the classroom that keeps putting up his hand to ask a question. 🙋‍♀️
Definitely!!!

My only real interest is that i want to add-on 50 (to 100) points in the near future, and if having the option to add-on something direct that includes Aulani, & VDH (as a west coaster) as well as some WDW options (especially Poly) I'm interested!! ;)

Last edited:
Now I feel like the kid in the classroom that keeps putting up his/her/their hand to ask a question. 🙋‍♀️

Right now, all we know is that they have our CFW into the trust and selling it that way.

There are a lot of things that could mean for future properties and most of what we all discssued were those options should DVD go that route.

Until they add another property, their isn’t much more to know.

Some of us think Poly tower will at least give a clue as to whether this is an actual long term change or maybe just needed for CFW.

If they do something with the tower th r the trust then we know they are changing strategy. If they don’t, then it’s definitely more about CFW for now.

I feel the same way.

On top of that, I feel Disney keeps changing the rules. RIV started the resale restrictions not that long ago. Now, it’s the trust. What will they change to in 5 more years.

What ever happened to the kiss method of business? (Keep it simple stupid).

Can you do the math when they raise the prices?

DVCNews showed them going up on 1/30/24 to $225 so I would assume CFW would start out there at a minimum (not factoring in incentives)

$175 a night savings is not bad just curious how much it goes down. Not a math guru so I assume it will lose more than the $8 extra a point.

Thanks.
Take the buy in and divide it by 50. Add that to the dues.

$225 would be roughly $16.65 per point assuming no incentives or closing cost.

$16.65 x 25 = $416.25

The majority of the cost is dues, not the buy-in.

Right now, all we know is that they have our CFW into the trust and selling it that way.

There are a lot of things that could mean for future properties and most of what we all discssued were those options should DVD go that route.

Until they add another property, their isn’t much more to know.

Some of us think Poly tower will at least give a clue as to whether this is an actual long term change or maybe just needed for CFW.

If they do something with the tower th r the trust then we know they are changing strategy. If they don’t, then it’s definitely more about CFW for now.
I believe we also shouldn't forget, that there are a lot of provisions to change things in the existing DVC 1.0 model, that Disney hasn't used so far.

The trust filings just bring a lot of possibilities for changes in one go, which leads to more speculation. Do they intend to make this changes in the near future or are they just the result of a diligent legal department that tries to keep all doors open? I definitely belong to the group that thinks that we'll know once the Poly tower goes on sale.

Now I feel like the kid in the classroom that keeps putting up his/her/their hand to ask a question.
I agree - I have minimal understanding of real estate law or law in general (I work in the medical field). I wish I understood it better so I could understand better understands how it will affect us as DVC 1.0 owners as well as potential resale buyers in the future.

We are currently at DL (staying at VGC) and stopped off at the DVC lounge midday today. A guide (who stated he had only been working as a DVC guide for a month) was asking us questions, seeing if we wanted to add on, etc. I am not sure how it came up exactly but he said something about how another owner was in yesterday morning and asking questions about “something that my manager didn’t even know the answer to but that we aren’t supposed to talk about until we get training on it tomorrow.” He asked me what rumors I had heard or read online and I mentioned the whole trust thing. He then smiled at me and said something along of the lines of how he wasn’t the one to say that word.

We currently are toying with buying a lot of resale AUL points to use at AUL or as SAP to obtain a poly bungalow every few years OR buying enough resale VGC points for a week in a 1 BR every few years (the guide said they have no VGC direct points available but obviously there’s no way to verify that ie is it a ploy to drive us towards VDH). After talking with the guide and his mysterious “I can’t say anything” comments, we started to wonder how the trust would affect resale prices and ROFR trends. We are unsure if we should accelerate our plans to buy resale or what effect the trust thing would have on DVC 1.0 resales. Thoughts?

I agree - I have minimal understanding of real estate law or law in general (I work in the medical field). I wish I understood it better so I could understand better understands how it will affect us as DVC 1.0 owners as well as potential resale buyers in the future.

We are currently at DL (staying at VGC) and stopped off at the DVC lounge midday today. A guide (who stated he had only been working as a DVC guide for a month) was asking us questions, seeing if we wanted to add on, etc. I am not sure how it came up exactly but he said something about how another owner was in yesterday morning and asking questions about “something that my manager didn’t even know the answer to but that we aren’t supposed to talk about until we get training on it tomorrow.” He asked me what rumors I had heard or read online and I mentioned the whole trust thing. He then smiled at me and said something along of the lines of how he wasn’t the one to say that word.

We currently are toying with buying a lot of resale AUL points to use at AUL or as SAP to obtain a poly bungalow every few years OR buying enough resale VGC points for a week in a 1 BR every few years (the guide said they have no VGC direct points available but obviously there’s no way to verify that ie is it a ploy to drive us towards VDH). After talking with the guide and his mysterious “I can’t say anything” comments, we started to wonder how the trust would affect resale prices and ROFR trends. We are unsure if we should accelerate our plans to buy resale or what effect the trust thing would have on DVC 1.0 resales. Thoughts?

Right now I don’t think that the trust situation will have a big impact on resales other than you can assume that any future properties that are added to and sold via the trust will be restricted from resale.

Right now I don’t think that the trust situation will have a big impact on resales other than you can assume that any future properties that are added to and sold via the trust will be restricted from resale.
I'm sorry, I think I missed an important clause. Do I understand you to mean that there will be no possible way to purchase Cabins/Trust Use Properties other than directly through DVC (or proper direct co. name) in perpetuity for the representative points within the trust?

I'm sorry, I think I missed an important clause. Do I understand you to mean that there will be no possible way to purchase Cabins/Trust Use Properties other than directly through DVC (or proper direct co. name) in perpetuity for the representative points within the trust?

No. The current documents say that CFW will be off limits to resale purchases since 2019.

And, sales of the Cabins Resort Use Plan that includes the CFW cabins when sold in the resale market will only be good at those cabins.

I was saying that the impact of having things sold via a trust vs the normal way, if this includes other properties, shouldn’t be much different than today for those who buy resale at other resorts.

There are definitely zero VGC points available direct. Plenty of resale tho. ;)

Also if you’re planning on buying a lot of Aulani resale, there are a few 300pt subsidized contracts out there!!

Last edited:
There are definitely zero VGC points available direct. Plenty of resale tho. ;)

Also if you’re planning on buying a lot of Aulani resale, there are some 300 subsidized contracts out there!!
IMO they are still over priced.

I just can’t get the math to work assuming I earn 5-7% on the upfront cost when compared to a fully loaded unsubsidized contract with full 23/24 points for $99 or less…. you can rent out the 23 points for at least $16pp (with no dues) to bring the effective cost down to $83pp… that’s a $45pp point spread over the current $128pp asking prices.

and large contracts are less liquid …even if subsidized….

Last edited:

I just can’t get the math to work assuming I earn 5-7% on the upfront cost when compared to a fully loaded unsubsidized contract with full 23/24 points for $99 or less…. you can rent out the 23 points for at least $16pp (with no dues) to bring the effective cost down to $83pp… that’s a $45pp point spread over the current $128pp asking prices.

Yep agree, and at the rate of increase they're going to be higher than SSR, BLT, VGF & CCV in a few years anyway. So unless you just want points for Aulani only, they really aren't the gem they used to be.

Yep agree, and at the rate of increase they're going to be higher than SSR, BLT, VGF & CCV in a few years anyway. So unless you just want points for Aulani only, they really aren't the gem they used to be.
I’m hopeful that weeding out the WDW SAP buyer will bring their prices more in line with the Aulani focused buyer.

There has to be some meat on the bone….

Yes I thought there were 300 subsidized contracts listed not contracts that were $300 a point...

I agree larger contracts are not going to get the asking price.

It is certainly not worth IMO for those larger contracts.

I would rather have the ability to stay somewhere at world and then move to somewhere else ie buying SSR vs AUL as SAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter