Turkey Day Gang 2009

Wow! I work some overtime and get 6 pages behind! 7.25 more hours of comp time though - who-hoo! I'm not stressing about vacation days anymore at the new job.

Can you guys log in from work or what? I can't, that's my real problem and why I can't keep up, I think.

Wonderful to have more people join - that's great!

But seriously, wasn't this ticker just at 20 months?? and somehow it got to 20 days?? I'm starting to stress about every thing that still has to be done in the next couple weeks now. And our calendar is crazy busy the next couple weeks. I guess it doesn't really matter though as long as we remember our passports and medications we can pretty much replace anything else. And I did remember to call to get my disney visa points converted to our dream reward card so that's good.

And I saw something about a mickey vest? Where is that from? I've been loooking for a mickey bowtie and cumberbund for 2 years now. I'd love to surprise dh and ds with those!

Oh my gosh! Two days since I was last checking in and I had to read through seven pages of posts! :scared1: :scared1:Holy Moly, I missed alot.

Lisa - I really hope you start feeling better soon. Glad the surgery went well. Take it really easy and rest.

We are like everyone else, getting so excited yet we still have so much to do and so little time to do it in. Time is flying by.

Had class last night, yep-still going to school, and kept thinking, 2 more weeks, 2 more weeks, :woohoo:

Elsie

Anyone doing a Thanksgiving dinner with family before or after the cruise? This will be my first Thanksgiving away from home and of course I'm worried about where my parents (who's divorced) will do for their dinner. Initially my mom and aunt were going to hang out and possibly my oldest brother eat with them. I asked my middle brother if he would make sure our dad had a place to eat. They live in Jacksonville, FL so it's not easy to get him down there. Now I find out that my aunt is going to my cousin's in VA and won't be home with my mom. My brother in J'ville invited my mom down and I think she has forgotten that she was going to dog sit for me. Now I get to stress where everyone will eat and who will take care of my dog. My best friend is going to take the puppy for the week but I didn't want to uproot my old dog. Anyway, that's my new subject for a post!

Thanks for listening!
Lynn

we are having our thanksgiving dinner this weekend on sunday. my brothers and my parents will be coming. my mom is having a bit of a hard time since we aren't going to be here on thanksgiving....we've done the cooking for the last 13 yrs. i'm actually looking forward to having it this weekend...can't wait for the mashed potatoes and stuffing...yum!

Wow! I work some overtime and get 6 pages behind! 7.25 more hours of comp time though - who-hoo! I'm not stressing about vacation days anymore at the new job.

Can you guys log in from work or what? I can't, that's my real problem and why I can't keep up, I think.

Wonderful to have more people join - that's great!

But seriously, wasn't this ticker just at 20 months?? and somehow it got to 20 days?? I'm starting to stress about every thing that still has to be done in the next couple weeks now. And our calendar is crazy busy the next couple weeks. I guess it doesn't really matter though as long as we remember our passports and medications we can pretty much replace anything else. And I did remember to call to get my disney visa points converted to our dream reward card so that's good.

And I saw something about a mickey vest? Where is that from? I've been loooking for a mickey bowtie and cumberbund for 2 years now. I'd love to surprise dh and ds with those!

Well I am the one with the Mickey vest:cool1: my wife found it on where else Ebay:lmao: you can also get the bow tie and cumber bun. Two years ago there were 2-3 of us that had them on formal night.

Rob

thank you for the welcome! can't wait for this cruise!!
has anyone done any magnets yet? i've been trying to find the search function on the dis...but i've not had any luck!!! am i just overlooking it? i wanted to search the magnet thread for thanksgiving designs, but i can't find the search.

Shannon,

I will have time to make more magnet soon.

Look at this thread for magbets designs:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2299290

There are two more before it. Once it open, you should be able to use the "Search this thread" function. It is located right under the Disboards.com blue banner in the red menu area. (the one that starts with UserCP) Should be the 2nd to last option.

Chun

We just bought our son's formal night outfit over the weekend. Was looking for something else but the window display stopped us. He ended up looking like a GQ guy from an European magazine.

Ladies beware, even though he's only 7! :love:

Chun

And of course DM got something herself. Meanwhile all Dad got was the exercise to carry two shopping bags home. :confused3

-Chun

Regarding New Moon, we are probably the only people that still haven't seen Twilight. DM read the novel but she wasn't crazy about it. We first decided to let the hype died down before seeing it in theater. Then got busy with DS's activities and completely forgot.

Well I just got Twilight via Netflix. Saw the New Moon preview and thought we should watch the first one before seeing the 2nd. But again, we will wait till after the initial rush.

-Chun

I am trying to think of what excites me more about going on the Magic this time. Compared to the other times. I honestly don't know. I think it is just getting away, enjoying the cruise, being a child when I want on the cruise, all the people watching.

As for the food, I am kinda picky ( you would NEVER know by my size though)
I ate steak or chicken each night on the past cruises. Now there are no steaks each night so I am probably going to eat CHICKEN each night. I may try some things, but I am timid. My Dd cannot wait till she gets on the Magic to eat Shrimp / Seafood / Lobster / Escargo and so much more. DH loves all kinds of food....

Are you sure there's no steak every night? I thought you can always order steak even though it's not listed. The dining room has been fairly accomodating to our past requests. All you have to do is ask.

My wife swore she got them to bring down a Palo desert, which I couldn't remember. But I learned enough to never doubt her. ;)

Anyone else getting just a tad bit nervous about Hurricane Ida? I'm hoping it is too far in advance to bother our trip. Could just be the worrier in me.

I had 2 students out yesterday with the flu and the teacher next to me is out with shingles. I'm surrounded right now with sickness. lol You have no idea how much we all need a break to rest up. 11 more days of teaching!

So not even one day and I had about 2.5 pages to read!

Excitement is definitely brewing here. Looks like we will get the shirts today!!!!! Unfortunately, with eveything going on tonight, I will not get the packed up for shipping until Friday evening -- but they will go in Saturday's mail. Lisa D -- remind me again when you leave? Can you PM me with a phone number so we can chat about shipping times?

Lisa E, hope you are feeling better today. Remember all those things grandma used to tell you...get plenty of rest, drink plenty of liquids and eat chicken soup!

Has anyone looked at the kids thread? There seems to be a fascination with....pie! It's really cute and funny. My Andrew doesn't seem to understand why all the kids love pie so much which strikes me as really funny since he is a fan of eating just about anything that doesn't eat him!

Well, hope everyone has a great day.

Karen

I'm doing my part towards the 5000!! I received my documents today!!:banana: I've put everything together; passports, signed documents and tickets.

I'm trying to decide if I want to work on FE's tonight or start searching for magnets to print off at work tomorrow! Someone made me a HALO one for my Garrett but of course I didn't email it to myself to print so I have to go search for it.

I'll post more later if I can come up with something!

Lynn:flower3:

Lynn:

I made the Halo DISign... I can repost it this evening for you. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Wendy

Shannon:

We have posted quite a few Thanksgiving DISigns on this thread if you have a chance to look through.

If you need any of them personalized, just let me know.

wendy

Anyone else getting just a tad bit nervous about Hurricane Ida? I'm hoping it is too far in advance to bother our trip. Could just be the worrier in me.

I had 2 students out yesterday with the flu and the teacher next to me is out with shingles. I'm surrounded right now with sickness. lol You have no idea how much we all need a break to rest up. 11 more days of teaching!

The tropical storm is headed towards Cancun so we should be safe. hope you stay well

So not even one day and I had about 2.5 pages to read!

Excitement is definitely brewing here. Looks like we will get the shirts today!!!!! Unfortunately, with eveything going on tonight, I will not get the packed up for shipping until Friday evening -- but they will go in Saturday's mail. Lisa D -- remind me again when you leave? Can you PM me with a phone number so we can chat about shipping times?

Lisa E, hope you are feeling better today. Remember all those things grandma used to tell you...get plenty of rest, drink plenty of liquids and eat chicken soup!

Has anyone looked at the kids thread? There seems to be a fascination with....pie! It's really cute and funny. My Andrew doesn't seem to understand why all the kids love pie so much which strikes me as really funny since he is a fan of eating just about anything that doesn't eat him!

Well, hope everyone has a great day.

Karen

Thanks Karen!!

Yep I've been eating chicken soup, drinking liquids and resting!! :thumbsup2

Tomorrow morning Mason has a function at school. He is on safety patrol and they are having a swearing in ceremony w/ the mayor of our town. Chuck is driving us over to the school. I will finally get a chance to leave the house for a little while!! :worship:

I don't quite get the pie thing either...Mason has always said "I love pie" and "pie rocks". He was soooo excited on the kids thread that other kids were saying the same pie phrases!! :lmao: :lmao:

Lisa

Shannon:

We have posted quite a few Thanksgiving DISigns on this thread if you have a chance to look through.

If you need any of them personalized, just let me know.

wendy

Shannon,

I will have time to make more magnet soon.

Look at this thread for magbets designs:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2299290
There are two more before it. Once it open, you should be able to use the "Search this thread" function. It is located right under the Disboards.com blue banner in the red menu area. (the one that starts with UserCP) Should be the 2nd to last option.

Chun
thanks guys!!! i'll look thru and see which ones to get personalized. i see they fixed the search function... it wasn't showing up on my menu area at all yesterday.

Thanks Karen!!

Yep I've been eating chicken soup, drinking liquids and resting!! :thumbsup2

Tomorrow morning Mason has a function at school. He is on safety patrol and they are having a swearing in ceremony w/ the mayor of our town. Chuck is driving us over to the school. I will finally get a chance to leave the house for a little while!! :worship:

I don't quite get the pie thing either...Mason has always said "I love pie" and "pie rocks". He was soooo excited on the kids thread that other kids were saying the same pie phrases!! :lmao: :lmao:

Lisa

Just don't be surprised if the short walk that you are used to seems like miles today! Sorry to say, but it is true. I know I was desperate to get out when I had surgery a year ago so I decided to go to Sam's with Steve. Well, by the end of the store, I had to tell Steve to get the car for me because I was exhausted!

Karen

Bummed!!

Date: Nov. 12 +
Mission: STS-129
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
Launch Time: 4:04 p.m. EST
Description: Space shuttle Atlantis will deliver components including two spare gyroscopes, two nitrogen tank assemblies, two pump modules, an ammonia tank assembly and a spare latching end effector for the station's robotic arm to the International Space Station.

We thought the shuttle launch was going to be on the 15th -- now it shows the 12th.....dddddddddddddannnnnngggggggg it

It will probably change again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter