turn down the castle stay??

imthatgirl

DIS Veteran
im wondering if anyone has ever turned it down? what would they do?

i was thinking about it and i dont know id really want to stay there. when you only have a certain number of days and everything is so planned out, it could really throw a wrench in things. suppose i visited MK for my first 2 days and won this on my 3rd day that i planned to spend the entire day at world showcase, well what would i do then? and doesnt it seem like such a hassle to get your stuff together for one night?
or what if i won it on my last day there and had a plane to catch?

im sure i will never have to worry about this, but i like to be prepared:)
im sure

My mother said the EXACT SAME THING!! She said she would feel "weird" staying there and she would probably just "go back to the room!" :confused: I guess Josh and I would just be on our own if we wanted to stay there!!! At least I'd have my own bed that way!!! :teeth:

I know I don't have to worry about it anyway, the chances of any one of us (meaning my family) are slim to none. We'll just be happy to be at the World!! :cool1: :cool1:

I'm fairly sure that I remember having read about at least one family or individual that turned down the prize. I'm certain that, for example, if a Disney employee (off-duty, on their own time) were riding in the "magic" seat at the time that the Dream Squad was to hand out the prize, the individual would be required to turn it down.

If it (or any prize) is turned down or the individual who is the PRESUMPTIVE winner is found to be ineligible, the prize goes back in the "to be won" category. I would SUSPECT (not having direct personal knowledge of this) that, as soon as it is reported that the prize has gone back into the "to be won" category, the Dream Squad would shortly thereafter receive a new envelope containing information on where the "magic location" is to be for another try, at least when it comes to a "daily" prize like the Castle Stay. Of course, if someone were turning down another "one shot" prize (for example, the DVC membership), it might not be awarded again on the same day, it may go back into the prize pool to be awarded again whenever the magic computer says to do so.

Hope this helps! Enjoy the Magic!

Not like it would ever happen, but we would have to turn it down. Our family size is too big and there is no way we would go through the fight over who got to stay and who didnt. I can also see how it could mess up your touring plans, but if it was within reason, I would take the chance. Just not in our present case!

If any of you win, and turn it down, please send it my way!:rotfl: I don't think I could turn it down even if I were there all week and still haven't seen the other parks! I just think it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to win something like that!

My son was afraid he would win. He said it is too high up and he would be scared! We won dream fast passes, so he was very happy about that!

I cannot believe anyone would turn that down. Do you realize winning a stay is a once in a lifetime opportunity that you would NEVER get again. Staying there is priceless, you cannot purchased it. I will gladly change my touring plans. There is always next year if we miss an attraction or two on the touring plan, but there will never be a next time for the castle.

I've heard that people have turned it down because they think it's a sales gimmick. I'm also sure there are people who have turned it down because their family is too big to all stay there as well. Granted I'm not certain. There are only 3 of us so we'd not have that problem. As far a touring the "world", well we know we'll be back and if it messes up our plans for the day who cares!! It's worth it to be one of the few that says, "I've stayed in Cinderella's Castle at WDW!"

I remember reading posts of people who had turned it down, but I definitely wouldn't; apparently one gentleman didn't want to lose the time it would take to do the paperwork and was happy in his hotel-oh well, to each his own, I guess.

I can understand how people feel about turning it down & messing up their schedule etc., but realistically I would never turn it down!!! Even if it was our last day & we were going to leave for the airport in a matter of hours!!! I would make sure I changed our flights & whatever else needed to be done. That is a once in a lifetime chance & there is no way I could give it up. But in all reality I know that would never happen to us but it is nice to dream!!!:goodvibes

i was thinking about it and i dont know id really want to stay there. when you only have a certain number of days and everything is so planned out, it could really throw a wrench in things. suppose i visited MK for my first 2 days and won this on my 3rd day that i planned to spend the entire day at world showcase, well what would i do then? and doesnt it seem like such a hassle to get your stuff together for one night?
or what if i won it on my last day there and had a plane to catch?

im sure i will never have to worry about this, but i like to be prepared:)
im sure

Having spoken with several Dream Squad cast members, the Castle Suite HAS been turned down by fully eligible guests (ie. cast members and their direct families are ineligible as well as people from certain countries due to tax reasons).

Some of the time, it is because the family is simply too large (the suite can only accommodate six people). Other times, it is because the winner is unable to complete the necessary paperwork in the given amount of time. Yet another reason is that honestly, many guests just dont care about that kind of stuff. They may have already been to the MK several days and have a very limited schedule. To them - their dream is to see as much of the parks as possible and winning the castle throws quite the wrench in to their carefully laid plans. Yes it is a once in a lifetime opportunity but some individuals have different priorities.

Consider this... what if it was a father with his two teenage sons who won... Or a group of college guys who are hitting all the thrill rides before they go out partying later that night...

There are always those circumstances that can produce a situation that just doesnt quite fit. But then it means that the prize will eventually make it into the hands of someone who it is meant for. There is always a reason.

There are always those circumstances that can produce a situation that just doesnt quite fit. But then it means that the prize will eventually make it into the hands of someone who it is meant for. There is always a reason.
Yes, but staying in the suite is only one part of the prize. There are also meals involved, as well as going to the front of all the lines. What teen boy would turn down the chance to cut lines for whatever rides they want all day?

Of course, if someone were turning down another "one shot" prize (for example, the DVC membership), it might not be awarded again on the same day.

Okay- if someone turned down the DVC membership, they should have their head examined. :confused3

Okay- if someone turned down the DVC membership, they should have their head examined. :confused3

theyre giving away dvc memberships? i didnt know about that. i cant imagine anyone turning that down.
but the more i think about it the less interested i am in staying in the castle. i guess not everyone has the same interests.

I cannot believe anyone would turn that down. Do you realize winning a stay is a once in a lifetime opportunity that you would NEVER get again. Staying there is priceless, you cannot purchased it. I will gladly change my touring plans. There is always next year if we miss an attraction or two on the touring plan, but there will never be a next time for the castle.

I agree 100%. I could never imagine turning that down. No way.

ITA!!!!!! I will be pee my pants if I win. :rotfl: :lmao:

if you turn it down---:confused:

Can I have it????:flower3: :goodvibes

I would drop everything to stay in the Castle!!

DD and I discussed this very topic as we completed our 24 hour drive to WDW this summer. We both agreed that (as if ...) we were granted an overnight stay in the castle we would turn it down. We might ask if we could sneak a peak just to say we had seen it but both felt that a family with kids would enjoy the experience more. Now a DVC membership ... move aside family with kids!

yes, but just because something is priceless to you and you feel its a once in a lifetime oppurtunity to take advantage of, doesnt mean everyone feels that way. i understand i am the minority, but to me unless it fit into my touring plan easily, i dont think i would do it.

There is no way I would ever turn down the stay at the castle. I would cancel any plans I had for that once in a lifetime experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter