turn down the castle stay??

Call me a skeptic, but I really think this will be something that can be bought in the future. I think Disney spent too much money to just tear it all apart. I think rich, possibly famous, people will find a way to get to this. Especially with the economy taking a turn for the worst, I really believe Disney will bow to the pressure and take the money and run. :confused3

I watched something on TV saying that it is the most exclusive hotel room in the world because you cannot buy it. It was on the Travel Channel or Discover Channel or something like that? Anyways, I'm sure down the road they will rent it out, but it will still be priceless to me, because I sure will not be able to afford it.:)

Okay. I've got to say that I think you would be CRAZY to turn it down! My family actually got to "visit" :cool1: or tour the room last year and we were so EXCITED!!!:yay: It is just so magical and we felt like we were actually a part of the fairy tale. Even my 15 year old son thought it was really cool :thumbsup2 . We would love the opportunity to actually get to stay in the castle!

Call me a skeptic, but I really think this will be something that can be bought in the future. I think Disney spent too much money to just tear it all apart. I think rich, possibly famous, people will find a way to get to this. Especially with the economy taking a turn for the worst, I really believe Disney will bow to the pressure and take the money and run. :confused3

I think it would be really cool to allow "Make a Wish" kiddos to stay in the suite if that was their wish. I hope Disney uses it for something like this in the future.:goodvibes

I personally think it would be an incredible thing to win !! Our daughter won the Kraft contest last year and we had to cancel Disney to go to LA to meet the Cheetah Girls. While we were somewhat disappointed that we had to change our plans for WDW, the once in a lifetime opportunity occured.

I would see this as no different. We would drop what we were doing to stay there. If we miss something, we will catch it next trip.

Besides, I am hoping maybe Cinderella is in the room too !! :rolleyes1

I think it would be really cool to allow "Make a Wish" kiddos to stay in the suite if that was their wish. I hope Disney uses it for something like this in the future.:goodvibes
It would still have to be given away through some kind of contest tho'. Give Kids the World is always bursting at the seams with kids on Wish Trips so there would have to be some fair way of choosing.

There is no way I would ever turn down the stay at the castle. I would cancel any plans I had for that once in a lifetime experience.

Right on!!! My DH & I totally agree. We have a rule that if we win on our last day he will go back home & to work :sad: while DD & I enjoy the castle & catch another flight out the next day. However I do appreciate that those who truly would rather be doing something else are willing to give it up for someone who would love it.

People turn it down a lot, usually because they are leaving that day, but sometimes because they are skeptical of the sweepstakes.

im wondering if anyone has ever turned it down? what would they do?

i was thinking about it and i dont know id really want to stay there. when you only have a certain number of days and everything is so planned out, it could really throw a wrench in things. suppose i visited MK for my first 2 days and won this on my 3rd day that i planned to spend the entire day at world showcase, well what would i do then? and doesnt it seem like such a hassle to get your stuff together for one night?
or what if i won it on my last day there and had a plane to catch?

im sure i will never have to worry about this, but i like to be prepared:)
im sure

And just for the record, you don't have to stay in MK all day just because you won. And your VIP tour guide would get more done than any plan you could have drawn up.

What is the retail cost of the prize? I am wondering if people don't won't to deal with the taxes for the prize? Do you have to sleep that night in the castle or can you choose the night?

And just for the record, you don't have to stay in MK all day just because you won. And your VIP tour guide would get more done than any plan you could have drawn up.

not if you were going to universal for the day. or if you had planned to spend the day at WS. what is your vip tour guide going to do with you at WS? walk with you?
it would be too difficult for my group of 8 to do the castle stay. so yes we would have to turn it down.

What is the retail cost of the prize? I am wondering if people don't won't to deal with the taxes for the prize? Do you have to sleep that night in the castle or can you choose the night?

Taxes for all prizes are covered by Disney.

not if you were going to universal for the day.

Actually, I took a castle family over to Universal just last week and hooked them up with customer services. ;) Not the same service as we could provide at Disney, but the family had fun.

r if you had planned to spend the day at WS. what is your vip tour guide going to do with you at WS? walk with you?

There are attractions at WS, also characters which a guide could help you out with. It's all about your outlook on life.

There is absolutely NO Way I'd give up a stay in the castle, even if I were leaving, I change my flight to another day or rent a car and drive home from there. NO WAY!!!!!!

Actually, I took a castle family over to Universal just last week and hooked them up with customer services. ;) Not the same service as we could provide at Disney, but the family had fun.

There are attractions at WS, also characters which a guide could help you out with. It's all about your outlook on life.

so because i have no interest in staying in the castle, i have a poor outlook on life:confused3 hmm...interesting perspective.

Taxes for all prizes are covered by Disney.

Really?!?!? That was always my worry! OK, now Dream Team can award me a stay in the castle sometime between Aug 10 and Aug 22!:lmao:

I'm shocked that taxes are covered though! I won a trip to disney a few years ago through a sweepstakes, and while it was excellent to be able to fly down instead of drive, stay deluxe instead of moderate, etc, it also cost quite a bit in taxes. I'm glad to hear disney picks up the tab for this prize!:banana:

Also, what happens to the cost for the room you are staying in? I guess you just have to pay the cost as well. Just a question since many of the hotels at wdw are costly.

No way would I ever turn it down! It's one of the most luxurious hotel rooms in the entire world! Unless you're a person who can regularly afford $20,000 a night hotel rooms it's definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience! I'd say yes just to be able to soak in that tub!

A lot of people are saying, well we know we're going to go back to Disney so we wouldn't mind missing a ride here or there to stay in the suite. I definitely agree with that BUT for many, many people (and probably, given the economy, MOST people) around the world even going to Disney ONCE in a lifetime is a dream come true and a once in a lifetime experience. Personally, I would think that winning the night in the castle would only make that once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disney even more magical and special but I could understand saying well we wanted to do this and this and don't want to spend the time doing the paperwork.

Outside of that, if you're someone who has been to Orlando multiple times and goes to Orlando on a fairly regular basis and knows you'll be going back I think you should be much more flexible with your plans. Especially since every reason for turning down the prize has pretty much been refuted--A disney cast member has said that they'll even set you up to Universal for the day if thats what you want to do! I'm sure that extends to SeaWorld or Dolly Parton's Rodeo Show if thats what you had planned for the day!

You'd get private transportation to any park and a concierge eliminating virtually any and all waiting wherever you go. That means you could do twice as much in that one day as you could without him! If you were at WS I'm sure, in fact I'm positive, that there would be much, much more than just skipping character greeting lines. You'd probably get food, drink, souvs from each country for free! Or at least a sit down, without reservations, for free in any of the countries and lots of mini surprises and treats! Why turn those down?? At the end of the day, the theme park and Orlando is so spread out and massive, you'd definitely get back to your castle room much faster than you would using Disney transportation to get back to the hotel...No matter what I did that day I'd rather go back to that luxury suite filled with free Disney goodies, in a private car with just my family, than wait outside in the heat for the packed bus to a regular hotel room.

If it's bc of a large family or group traveling together I think I'd say, as an adult, ok one adult will stay and we'll make sure the kids can stay in the suite and the other adult or two adults will go back to the regular hotel at the end of the night! Or if its two families well, whichever family won should get to stay without feeling guilty! I'm sure Disney would make plans for the family so that entire family can see the suite and enjoy it and the extras and then at bedtime and in the morning get them the transportation to easily split up the family and get them back together. I think, as an adult, it would be really selfish to say to the kids, "Well theres 7 of us and two adults and since one of the adults would have to go to the regular hotel room none of us can enjoy all of this! Sorry!"

I mean, all that is just my personal opinion obviously, and if you don't want the prize then I guess it's good if you turn it down because it should go to people who would really appreciate and enjoy it. I just think it's a little bit too controlling to say "No! It doesn't fit into our plans!" OBVIOUSLY it doesn't fit into your plans! IT'S A SURPRISE! I also just would NOT want my vacation to be so strictly planned out...I like things to be flexible and easy going. If I was a kid and we won that and my mom was like, NO! WE'RE GOING TO SEAWORLD TODAY AND WE HAVE TO DO A.B.C.D. THATS THE PLAN AND THATS WHAT WE'RE DOING! I'd be SUPER pissed off. I'd be like "I want my free plush and private princess/character audience and hats and mickey ice creams and giant tub! Seaworld sucks anyway."

But thats just me and its different for everyone and I respect that.

Unfortunately for me I would have to turn it down...my parenst are CM's.

I haven't read all of the posts so I don't know if this was already mentioned, but some people may turn it down becasue of tax reasons becasue the value of the prize would have to be claimed on you r tax return.

No way would I ever turn it down! It's one of the most luxurious hotel rooms in the entire world! Unless you're a person who can regularly afford $20,000 a night hotel rooms it's definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience! I'd say yes just to be able to soak in that tub!

A lot of people are saying, well we know we're going to go back to Disney so we wouldn't mind missing a ride here or there to stay in the suite. I definitely agree with that BUT for many, many people (and probably, given the economy, MOST people) around the world even going to Disney ONCE in a lifetime is a dream come true and a once in a lifetime experience. Personally, I would think that winning the night in the castle would only make that once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disney even more magical and special but I could understand saying well we wanted to do this and this and don't want to spend the time doing the paperwork.

Outside of that, if you're someone who has been to Orlando multiple times and goes to Orlando on a fairly regular basis and knows you'll be going back I think you should be much more flexible with your plans. Especially since every reason for turning down the prize has pretty much been refuted--A disney cast member has said that they'll even set you up to Universal for the day if thats what you want to do! I'm sure that extends to SeaWorld or Dolly Parton's Rodeo Show if thats what you had planned for the day!

You'd get private transportation to any park and a concierge eliminating virtually any and all waiting wherever you go. That means you could do twice as much in that one day as you could without him! If you were at WS I'm sure, in fact I'm positive, that there would be much, much more than just skipping character greeting lines. You'd probably get food, drink, souvs from each country for free! Or at least a sit down, without reservations, for free in any of the countries and lots of mini surprises and treats! Why turn those down?? At the end of the day, the theme park and Orlando is so spread out and massive, you'd definitely get back to your castle room much faster than you would using Disney transportation to get back to the hotel...No matter what I did that day I'd rather go back to that luxury suite filled with free Disney goodies, in a private car with just my family, than wait outside in the heat for the packed bus to a regular hotel room.

If it's bc of a large family or group traveling together I think I'd say, as an adult, ok one adult will stay and we'll make sure the kids can stay in the suite and the other adult or two adults will go back to the regular hotel at the end of the night! Or if its two families well, whichever family won should get to stay without feeling guilty! I'm sure Disney would make plans for the family so that entire family can see the suite and enjoy it and the extras and then at bedtime and in the morning get them the transportation to easily split up the family and get them back together. I think, as an adult, it would be really selfish to say to the kids, "Well theres 7 of us and two adults and since one of the adults would have to go to the regular hotel room none of us can enjoy all of this! Sorry!"

I mean, all that is just my personal opinion obviously, and if you don't want the prize then I guess it's good if you turn it down because it should go to people who would really appreciate and enjoy it. I just think it's a little bit too controlling to say "No! It doesn't fit into our plans!" OBVIOUSLY it doesn't fit into your plans! IT'S A SURPRISE! I also just would NOT want my vacation to be so strictly planned out...I like things to be flexible and easy going. If I was a kid and we won that and my mom was like, NO! WE'RE GOING TO SEAWORLD TODAY AND WE HAVE TO DO A.B.C.D. THATS THE PLAN AND THATS WHAT WE'RE DOING! I'd be SUPER pissed off. I'd be like "I want my free plush and private princess/character audience and hats and mickey ice creams and giant tub! Seaworld sucks anyway."

But thats just me and its different for everyone and I respect that.

and those are reasons for you to stay in it, i on the other hand, have no interest in staying there.
im blown away by some of these responses. its strange that people get so personal about other peoples choices:confused3 . first im told i have a poor out look on life and now you say im selfish?
its just a hotel room. it doesnt interest me.
now if i got to leave the room at night and wander around alone in the world, that might be cool.
but to be locked in a room, thats creepy to me.

I'd have to agree about being locked in a room...:eek:
But I know for me, I wouldn't pass it up. It probably would disrupt our plans for the day, and considering we've been there more than some will ever go in their lifetime, I would just LOVE it!!! I would probably cry if they approached me and offered us that prize. I would be concerned about taxes-but this prize you can't buy-so the opportunity to stay there...ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS for us-maybe not everyone, and that's ok. I will keep my fingers crossed & DREAM!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter