Tutto Italia or Chefs de France???

jingles93pn

FigmentLover
I made a reservation for my family of 5 at Tutto Italia for upcoming September trip, but after reading some reviews and hearing people talk about it...I’m second guessing myself. I’ve thought about swapping it out for a Chef’s de France reservation as the menu reads like it would be good, but there aren’t many options for my DD who will be 6 and is a very picky eater. What are everyone’s experiences with either of these places? Is there another place in Epcot you would suggest over these two?

Chefs over Tutto, hands down. If not Chefs, I’d bring my kids to San Angel Inn, Rose and Crown or Spice Road Table as well.

Also, define picky...because it really does vary. Burger and nugget only kind of eater? Plain meat and veg eater? Only likes bread or pasta eater? Also, my kids went through various stages where they avoided certain dishes/foods. But I never let those quirks impact our ADRs...if they only wanted nuggets, I happily get them nuggets.......during our walk to our ADR. They eat before our meal and sit with a toy or book or even a phone/screen while the adults eat. Not a big deal usually. Everyone is happy!

We've tried Tutto twice and I didn't like it either time. The service is lackluster and the food isn't that great. I think it's supposed to be a specific type of authentic Italian food.. which could be why I don't like it (it's not the typical Americanized Italian food). If you are looking for that kind of "authentic" experience then go for it, but if I'm eating Italian I want my breaded chicken parm with cheese and marinara sauce (Mama Melrose has the best chicken parm!!)

Chefs has usually been consistently good. The only complaint I have is sometimes it can get loud in there. I would think you would have an easier time finding something for your picky eater at Chefs

Chefs over Tutto, hands down. If not Chefs, I’d bring my kids to San Angel Inn, Rose and Crown or Spice Road Table as well.

Also, define picky...because it really does vary. Burger and nugget only kind of eater? Plain meat and veg eater? Only likes bread or pasta eater? Also, my kids went through various stages where they avoided certain dishes/foods. But I never let those quirks impact our ADRs...if they only wanted nuggets, I happily get them nuggets.......during our walk to our ADR. They eat before our meal and sit with a toy or book or even a phone/screen while the adults eat. Not a big deal usually. Everyone is happy!
That’s a good idea, I never thought to bring food with us or feed her earlier. She will only eat certain food. Pizza, Mac-n-cheese, burgers, and chicken nuggets (no other kind of chicken, if I give her grilled chicken she says “I don’t like chicken” ugh!!!) Side dishes really aren’t a concern as she will eat most vegetables.

I agree, Chefs is a better choice. I love the food there, from apps to dessert! Its all so good. :) I agree that feeding her before the Chefs dinner is a great idea. And maybe at Chefs if she's still hungry she can have a side dish along with dessert.

Chefs is SO salty. We are definitely not fans of either Chefs or Tutto. I would actually suggest going to Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk. You will find a variety of Italian entrees plus good pizza (sort of a menu combo of Tutto and Via Napoli, IMHO). Trattoria is a 5 minute walk outside of EP using the IG entrance.

We like both, but because French cuisine is not as common at home, I’d definitely choose Chefs. Their flat bread apps were delicious and may be a good choice for a choosy eater.

We like both. Tuttu Italia is northern Italian cuisine. If you want southern Italian, which is what most Americans are more familiar with, eat at Via Napoli. Tuttu and Chefs both have a similar upscale dining feel to them compared to most Disney restaurants. They actually feel more upscale to me than some of the signature restaurants. We have eaten at both many times and have never had bad service or food. We have one day at Epcot next month and have a lunch ADR at Tuttu and a dinner one at Chef's :)

Never been to Chefs but just ate at Tuttos a few days ago. It was very good but it’s the style of Italian we prefer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter