twinkybel81 & workmantm's Wishes VR 12.06.16 Japan/ADH/Lochside UPDATE 11/23 Two Weeks Out!

I hate when people ignore you about something important... It's like, I understand if it doesn't work, just give me an answer! It's less upsetting to know right away than drag it out.

This. Exactly.

you're ideas are all coming together so nicely!!!

Thank you!

Hoping to have my next update posted by the end of the weekend. My husband and I are running our first ever trail run this evening (a 10K) and then tomorrow we go to take pictures at the wedding reception for our invitation designer's niece.

Oh, and only 44 days til we leave for our Planning Session trip, 45 days til our Planning Session! I'm so excited!!! I'm also feeling unprepared, even though we have been planning for awhile now. Last weekend we sat down and filled out our Menu Tasting Session forms and narrowed down what we want to serve at the Welcome Party, Reception, and Dessert Party. Still need to fill out the Planning Kit forms and get them sent over as well. Also need to get our flights booked soon. Eek!

All caught up!!! I love everything you've posted, especially those paper balls, how unique and personal. I can't believe your PS is so close!!!

I'm sorry about the officiant drama :( hope it's worked out soon, for the better!

Former Disney bride here. I haven't been on the wedding boards recently (we are currently planning our trip for May for my birthday) but saw your report and had to comment. Love all you are doing for your wedding. Our wedding was in 2008 and things have changed in the wedding department at Disney. Our ceremony was in Epcot (Italy), our reception was a brunch reception at ADH and we had an IllumiNations DP in UK. Lucky you getting married in December so all the holiday things will be out. IllumiNations with the extra holiday ending is a favorite our ours and I'm sure one thing your guests will never forget. Looking forward to reading more of your report.

Linda

First things first. We had the chance to hang out with one of my husband’s groomsmen and his wife on Saturday evening and were able to ask him if he would be willing to act as our officiant. He said he would be honored, so we are officiantless no more! Now we have to put together a ceremony from scratch, which seems a bit daunting. Ben (our officiant) has only performed one other ceremony (eeps!) and doesn’t have anything we can draw from as far as format or wording. Google ho!

Probably about a month ago now, the husband and I hit the parks for a few hours, and as we are wont to do, we stopped into Disneyana to look at the art. There is an amazing artist named Dave Avanzino who creates these beautiful shadowboxes with 3 dimensional elements, or layered paper to create dimension. You should check him out on Facebook. Dave happened to be in Disneyana for an event that day, signing pieces of his art, and taking custom orders. Before we knew it we had ordered a custom sign that said “Mr. & Mrs.” which we will be using as décor on our head table (we still haven’t decided between a sweetheart or a head table for the whole wedding party) and a custom name sign for our son. This is approximately what our shadowbox is going to look like:
2016031912_12_36-vi.jpg

Really excited to be able to incorporate this into our day and then use to decorate our home afterward. :)

A few years ago, before we even got married, we had seen a pair of Jack & Sally toasting flutes in the Arribas Bros store (Crystal Arts) at Disneyland and both really admired them. Fast forward a couple of years when we actually want to purchase them, and unfortunately the design had been discontinued. The gentleman that we were speaking to in the store gave us his number and said to call him on a weekday when he was at the warehouse and he would check to see if they still had the templates. I called a few days later and lo and behold they still had the templates! He obtained permission to use the templates to make us a pair of flutes, and though it took awhile (for various, not worth writing about reasons), we picked up our beloved Jack & Sally flutes:
2016040714_36_13-vi.jpg
2016040714_36_24-vi.jpg
2016040714_36_40-vi.jpg

We still need to decide what we want engraved on them and take them in for engraving.

One area where I feel as if I have no direction is what shoes to wear. Originally I wanted to wear Dr Marten Mary Janes and black & white striped tights. Unfortunately that look really isn’t going to work with my dress, so I’m back to square one. I don’t want to spend a lot of money on them, I would like to be able to wear them again (which is part of why I would prefer a black shoe), I need them to be comfortable (which limits me to flats or low heels/wedges), I do not want to wear multiple pairs of shoes, and I want them to not clash with my dress. I had considered wearing low heeled booties with the striped tights, but I remembered how much I used my feet to regulate my body temperature, so I’m thinking that would be potentially too warm, so I’m leaning toward something more strappy or like a sandal. I’m afraid a sandal would look too casual with my dress. Argh! Do you see my dilemma? Here are some pics of shoes that I like (you’ll see that the styles are all over the place):
2016020207_21_02-vi.png
2016033014_10_13-vi.jpg
2016033014_29_24-vi.jpg

I REALLY love these shoes, and they were comfy to boot! I'm just afraid they will clash with my dress (and my MOH Kelly thinks so too).

il_570xN_531714295_9suf-vi.jpg

The style, not necessarily this color.

peeptoeshoes3-vi.jpg

Any thoughts or insights? Help! I feel like this is a silly detail to be as worried as I am over.

Any of you who have been following along with me for awhile may remember we purchased a Jack Skellington PokitPal to use as our ring box and that there was another PokitPal of the Haunted Mansion plaque that we really liked, but couldn’t find. Well it turns out that that particular PokitPal was a limited edition for the 40th (or 45th, I can’t remember) anniversary of Haunted Mansion (which was a few years ago) and is no longer being made. After a few months of searching, and debating about whether to spend the money or not, we located one on eBay for a not horrendous prices and purchased it. I give you ring box #2:
2016040714_39_24-vi.jpg
2016040714_39_30-vi.jpg

We also have our card box taken care of, though we aren’t really expecting to get much in the way of gifts (which is A-ok!). This was not a wedding specific purchase, however. We were out at Disney World in September of 2012 and we were leaving MK for the last time that trip, and we saw that the popcorn buckets that they had for sale were Jack Skellington coffins! We knew we had to have one, especially since we were told they were going to be a Florida exclusive (spoiler alert, they weren’t), so we bought one and it’s just kinda been hanging out at our house ever since. A few months ago the husband came up with the idea to use it as our card box, so there you have it!
2016040714_38_17-vi.jpg
2016040714_38_40-vi.jpg

I think this is a good stopping point for today. My next post will cover our Planning Session trip details, since it is only 37 days away! Thanks for following along!

I love everything!

Thank you! I'm getting more excited (and more stressed) now that things are actually moving forward. I was just telling my husband this evening that we are going to need to start talking about what we actually want to do during our honeymoon (and the days prior to the wedding) since our 180 day mark is just over a month away (the same morning as our Planning Session, as it so happens).

You know, I found a bunch of NMBC cake server sets on Etsy when I was poking around the other day! I thought of you and wanted to let you know :)

All very cool stuff. Love the Mr and Mrs sign, it is so original. I also love the flutes and the ring box. It looks like everything is coming together.
As for the shoes, I am all about comfort. You will be on your feet all day and you need something that can breathe and that you can dance in. For my wedding, I wore a pair of sandals but it had a heal and they were super comfy but it took me some time to find them. I finally had bought them at a wedding shoe store that sells tons of models and can die them any colour. For the look alone I prefer the last two shoes you posted but that is my personal opinion. I find the shape elegant for a wedding but you can still play with the colour and style to add whimsy. Hope that helps!

Yay for having an officiant!!

I love all the unique touches that are so very you as a part of your day. The shoe dilemma is so hard - I do love the pair you posted where you were wearing one the most!

we are officiantless no more! Now we have to put together a ceremony from scratch, which seems a bit daunting. Ben (our officiant) has only performed one other ceremony (eeps!) and doesn’t have anything we can draw from as far as format or wording. Google ho!

Woohoo! Same boat here (in theory). Haven't officially asked my best friend's dad, but he suspects we will. I'm not sure what he has ceremony-wise, so I am searching too!

Love the Mr & Mrs sign. We didn't get to do much DTD last year, and Disneyana is on my list of places to see this summer!

The gentleman that we were speaking to in the store gave us his number and said to call him on a weekday when he was at the warehouse and he would check to see if they still had the templates. I called a few days later and lo and behold they still had the templates! He obtained permission to use the templates to make us a pair of flutes, and though it took awhile (for various, not worth writing about reasons), we picked up our beloved Jack & Sally flutes

That's so cool! What an awesome guy.

When it comes to shoes, I feel like one of those movie signposts with 80 signs going in all directions :tongue:

I like those madden girl sandals and the ones you tried on! Cute! I definitely also want one pair of shoes, that I will actually wear again (I just tossed some bridesmaid shoes into the goodwill bag - I figured if it's been two years since the wedding and I never wore them again, they don't deserve the closet space). I'm currently banking on that my shoes will not be very seen though... hopefully that doesn't change when I figure out the dress!

I love all of your personal touches, like the ring boxes (and you found it! :D) and the card box. I think picking things that matter to you in some way is so special, much better than picking a theme because it's a trend :rolleyes1

We leave for our Planning Session in 28 days, I can't believe it's come up so quickly. We have submitted our cake tasting selections and menu tasting selections, but still need to finish the Planning Kit and get it sent over (almost done). We don't have much in the way of plans for this trip because A) it's going to be hot and likely crowded in the parks, and B) this is a budget trip. Here are things as they stand right now:

Saturday June 4:
10:40pm flight to Orlando by way of Chicago (have to make 180 day ADRs for my husband's groomsman's trip while we are on layover in Chicago)

Sunday June 5:
~10:15a arrive in Orlando and take DME of Old Key West and check in
lunch or late dinner at Beaches & Cream - looking forward to trying one of the new adult ice cream/float options!

Monday June 6:
Breakfast in the room
9a Planning Session at Franck's
2:30p Menu tasting session at the Boardwalk
7:50-8:50p FP+ for the nighttime Kilimanjaro Safaris

Tuesday June 7:
8:30a wedding hair trial with Kristy Alonzo
10:20a breakfast at Olivia's Cafe - still trying for a slightly later reservation so that my hair trial isn't rushed/we don't arrive past the grace period for our reservation
Free time until approx. 4p DME pick up

Short & sweet and not terribly exciting, except for the whole PLANNING SESSION & HAIR TRIAL!!!

Send away!!! I'm always available especially on FB :)

Love your plans!! A short but sweet trip is fine when you know you have an even more exciting trip on the horizon!

It dawned on me the other day (and I was just reminded by a comment on FB), that I hadn't listed what we have chosen to try at our Menu tasting and what cake/filling flavors we opted for for the cake tasting. So without further adieu:

Menu tasting choices:

-Southernmost buttermilk chicken & gravy from Olivia's Cafe
-Irish vintage cheddar dip from Cooke's of Dublin
-oven roasted Yukon golds with braised fennel & parmesan
-Maple-ginger lacquered roasted pork loin w/ fig compote
-Cereal milkshake from Artist Point
-Caramel sea salt ganache bars
-Tandoori & herb braised beef
-Cinnamon roll bread pudding

Cake tasting selections:

Cake:
yellow
chocolate
lemon
orange

Fillings:
dark chocolate mousse
amaretto mousse
peanut butter cup
dark chocolate crisp pearl
lemon mousse
Bavarian cream

We leave in just over 2 weeks and I am so looking forward to this quick vacation! I also can't believe that it's finally almost here. :D

Yum yum yum. Take TONS of pictures throughout your PS (it will seriously help your memory later) and can't wait to hear about the FOOD!!

It dawned on me the other day (and I was just reminded by a comment on FB), that I hadn't listed what we have chosen to try at our Menu tasting and what cake/filling flavors we opted for for the cake tasting. So without further adieu:

Menu tasting choices:

-Southernmost buttermilk chicken & gravy from Olivia's Cafe
-Irish vintage cheddar dip from Cooke's of Dublin
-oven roasted Yukon golds with braised fennel & parmesan
-Maple-ginger lacquered roasted pork loin w/ fig compote
-Cereal milkshake from Artist Point
-Caramel sea salt ganache bars
-Tandoori & herb braised beef
-Cinnamon roll bread pudding

Cake tasting selections:

Cake:
yellow
chocolate
lemon
orange

Fillings:
dark chocolate mousse
amaretto mousse
peanut butter cup
dark chocolate crisp pearl
lemon mousse
Bavarian cream

We leave in just over 2 weeks and I am so looking forward to this quick vacation! I also can't believe that it's finally almost here. :D

WHATTTTT??? You get to try 6 fillings?!? My tasting is only a week after yours and my planning kit says we can only try 4 fillings. Trying 6 would make my life SO. MUCH. EASIER. Maybe I should ask my planner...

WHATTTTT??? You get to try 6 fillings?!? My tasting is only a week after yours and my planning kit says we can only try 4 fillings. Trying 6 would make my life SO. MUCH. EASIER. Maybe I should ask my planner...

So here's the thing...... Our paperwork also says that we can only try 4 flavors of filling, but we also agreed that that is just not enough. I decided to try and see if the PDF would allow me to choose more than four flavors, which it did. So we selected 6 instead of 4 and we submitted it probably about two weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back from them saying we need to eliminate 2 of our choices to bring it down to 4 (at least not yet). I haven't asked my planner about it, I'm just being hopeful that they will be accommodating about it, since it isn't like we are asking to try 15 flavors or anything. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter