Typhoon Lagoon 2018 "H20 Glow Nights" - 6/21-8/11

Does anyone know if they have the photopass photographers at this event taking pictures at the rides/ lazy river or for the character meet and greets?

When we went (7/5), Photopass Photographers were only at the charachter meets.

I will caveat that it rained most of our night, at times quite heavily, so they may have had less of that kind of stuff out/about in the park.

So I'm thinking about doing this tomorrow night!!! My kids love TL, and we've done virtually NO Disney stuff so far this summer. (Their AP passes had too many block out dates). Looks like most of you who have gone have enjoyed it so that's great!!! I am bummed there is no specific merchandise. LOL. I'm hoping the rain will be mostly in the morning.

A large group of us did this party last week.. and it was AMAZING! So much fun! No waits for anything.. and Love the concept of a water park at night! Only big downer was the transportation.. the whole switching busses at Springs is just AWFUL!!! But if you have a chance to do this party.. go for it! I wish they had more dates added for the end of August. I would totally do it again!

Does anyone know if they have the photopass photographers at this event taking pictures at the rides/ lazy river or for the character meet and greets?
There were not photo pass photographers there on 6/30. We asked the cast members to take our photos with characters. The lighting was really bad too.

We attended last night (8/9) and had a fun time. It was nice to meet Buzz and the. Woody and Jessie together with short waits (about 4-5 families ahead of us each time) although oictures with wet bathing suits are not flattering
I thought it would actually be less crowded then what it was. The wave pool felt crowded and you still had to watch out for running into people. We had waits for the slides although not too bad but 5-10 minutes and one of the crushen gushers we didn’t do because at the time the line was down the stairs. One time Miss Adventure was held up because someone on the ramp wasn’t holding on so they couldn’t move the ride until they did. We were a little chilly which I was surprised since all week we’ve beeb just waiting to hit water but the earlier storm cooled the weather a bit and with no sun.
Next time if we do this I won’t take the buses either. We got in line right at 11 to beat the crowd but with waiting for the bus there and then the transfer to Pop (which I didn’t know shares with AOA at that time) we didn’t get back to our room until after midnight.

We were also there on 8/9. We felt the crowds to be much lighter than during the day. We arrived around 7pm, got a locker and had no problem getting chairs right in front of the wave pool. We found the lines to the tube slides to never be more than 5 mins.

My only regret was not looking at the park map in advance. In the dark, it was hard to find the slides, especially when exiting from the lazy river. We didn’t see any characters around. We did like the DJ near the wave pool. That was a fun addition.

We also felt chilly at times, which was so odd and unexpected.

We stayed way past closing, we’re some of the last in the locker area. We got back to our resort at midnight with an Uber.

My family would do this again in a heartbeat. My 11 yr old said it was the best day of the trip!

My only regret was not looking at the park map in advance. In the dark, it was hard to find the slides, especially when exiting from the lazy river.

This comment resonated with me. I know the park well and usually have no issues getting around... but by gosh if we didn’t take a few wrong paths here and there. It’s like all of my visual daytime queues were gone!

This comment resonated with me. I know the park well and usually have no issues getting around... but by gosh if we didn’t take a few wrong paths here and there. It’s like all of my visual daytime queues were gone!

It’s as if it’s a totally different park in the dark! It was fun to explore, my kids loved the slides in the dark but navigating was really a challenge!

It’s as if it’s a totally different park in the dark! It was fun to explore, my kids loved the slides in the dark but navigating was really a challenge!

No joke, at one point we spent like 10 minutes trying get from the splash pool of Humunga Kowabunga across the Mountain Trail (sort of below the boat / behind the wave pool), over to Gangplank Falls. I knew there was a path somewhere back there but everything that looked like a path was not. We were laughing at our predicament (especially the kiddos making fun of me getting lost), but it was seriously tough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter