Typhoon Lagoon 2018 "H20 Glow Nights" - 6/21-8/11

I don't know how popular it will end up being, but having done the private event version of a TL night time party for years, which doesn't have anywhere near the bells and whistles that the h2o glow nights party will have, they are very well received. As an observer, it appears that Guests are having a lot of fun.
HOw do you feel the bug situation was? I am nervous about the mosquitos. standing in line for slides when you are wet without bug spray on sounds like a party for the mosquitos.

TIA

HOw do you feel the bug situation was? I am nervous about the mosquitos. standing in line for slides when you are wet without bug spray on sounds like a party for the mosquitos.
Never an issue, and I can be outdoors at WDW up to 4 nights a week, every week.

ETA, never an issue for me and I never use bug repellent.

Last edited:
Based on prior experiences with this type of after hour event, is there a chance more dates will be added? We go down on August 19, exactly a week after the last Saturday party and we would LOVE to do this.

Based on prior experiences with this type of after hour event, is there a chance more dates will be added? We go down on August 19, exactly a week after the last Saturday party and we would LOVE to do this.

Granted we don’t have a ton of history with a larger-scale water park after hours party like this to really go by, but my guess (emphasis on guess) is that you won’t see any dates added.

Anyone going to the first party next Thursday?

I’m looking forward to the reviews!

Will be interesting to see what people think and how popular something like this ultimately ends up being. I’m sort of thinking that I wish I had held off buying tickets before reading the first reviews, but too late now. :-)

We're heading down to WDW tomorrow. Still on the fence about attending. We'd like to, but it's really hard to justify paying for being in a park that we can be in for free just a few hours earlier.

Here is another trip report: http://land.allears.net/blogs/kristin-ford/2018/06/disneys_typhoon_lagoon_brings.html

Some highlights:
  • "My daughter and I attended the opening night of Disney’s H2O Glow Nights at Typhoon Lagoon and really enjoyed it. I don’t always say this, but I think it is well worth the price of admission."
  • "I was pleasantly surprised to find that three hours was plenty of time to do everything because Disney limits attendance at the party so each ride had no more than a five-minute wait. And unlike Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very-Merry-Christmas Party, ALL the rides are open during this party."
  • "H2O Glow Nights also has Pixar character meet-and-greets. Woody and Jessie greet guests near Typhoon Boatworks, and Buzz Lightyear is stationed by Crush ‘n’ Gusher."
I'm taking my family on July 7. Looking forward to it!

We were supposed to go 6/23/18 but due to storms in the area they were announcing that many of events were cancelled and we wouldn't be allowed in the water. Basiclly they said we enter and just walk around. Um...no thanks. We had to be persistant but they finally issued us a refund in the form of a Gift Card. It seems we will have to miss out on this event because we have other things planned during our upcoming trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter