Uber or Lyft

teach2visdis

Earning My Ears
From MCO to Disney and back with maybe a Walmart stop. Which is cheaper, better Uber or Lyft. We have 2 adults and probably 3 suitcases.
Going the week after Thanksgiving.

I have used both and will typically do whatever is cheaper at that exact moment. You can "prebook" your trip with both to see a general price. Uber has been cheaper the last few times for me.

I always check both apps when, but my go to app is Lyft. There are a few differences but for me it s about (A) who's going to get me picked up the quickest and the price of the trip.

I too check both Uber and Lyft when I book any rideshare, actually most everyone I know does that because one could be surge pricing while the other isn’t. Be signed up with both before you hit MCO so you’ll be ready to go.

From MCO to Disney and back with maybe a Walmart stop. Which is cheaper, better Uber or Lyft. We have 2 adults and probably 3 suitcases.
Going the week after Thanksgiving.
Neither is always cheaper, better.

My go-to is Lyft because it's usually cheaper. But sometimes they add surge pricing when Uber doesn't. And the other way around.

Do as the others have suggested - check both when you are ready to go.

Those services do not do a shopping stop. You will have to take a car to Walmart, do your shopping and then get another car.

Note Uber/Lyft don’t do grocery stops like many private car services do. To do a grocery stop you should plan on a trip from MCO to Wal-Mart then when done shopping ordering a second trip from Wal-Mart to your resort (and be prepared for whatever availability may be near the Wal-Mart).

Alternatively you could try to talk with your driver and see if they’ll do a stop, but that’s up to the driver and not really how Uber/Lyft work (I would not count on it). If you do get a driver that goes off script like that I’d tip generously in cash, personally.

Install the app a week or so before your trip, assuming at least one member of your group can be a new user. Both services frequently off new user discounts.

Are Uber and Lyft readily available at Terminal C? It is a challenge at our home airport.

We used Uber around 9am-ish on a Saturday morning and the cost was $34 (for an Uber X). The following Sunday we needed a 4:30am pickup and the cost almost doubled.

Lyft is no longer doing scheduled rides from the airport it seems. I guess they want to make sure they get their surge pricing. lol

Lyft is no longer doing scheduled rides from the airport it seems. I guess they want to make sure they get their surge pricing. lol
Would you prefer paying a per minute waiting fee or just a standard Lyft cancelation fee if your flight or luggage is delayed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter