Ugh...Seriously Disney Channel >:(

disneyisawesome07

Mouseketeer
I rarely watch the Disney channel because I think their new 2014 shows are just trying to be funny when they're not. Am I alone in this? I told my mom I really wish they would bring back the classic Disney movies or shows so this new generation can watch. I feel like a majority of the magic is absent from the channel now. It also doesn't help that they're going to show Ice Age, which isn't even a Disney movie at all. I don't waste my time hating on things I don't like, but I really wish they would bring back the classics on that channel, like Jungle Cubs, House of Mouse, and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers.

Thoughts?

I agree with you. I am so tired of trying to find appropriate shows for my 7 yo granddaughter, bring back the classic family movies that we can watch together or make some new movies that does not involve the girl dressing skimpy, trying to impress and win the boys and making out! I thought I would find what I needed on Disney Channel:confused3

I agree with you. I am so tired of trying to find appropriate shows for my 7 yo granddaughter, bring back the classic family movies that we can watch together or make some new movies that does not involve the girl dressing skimpy, trying to impress and win the boys and making out! I thought I would find what I needed on Disney Channel:confused3

True

Sadly, Disney Channel's to stupid to realize things like C&D's RR, DuckTales, And DarkWing Duck is what should be on Disney, rather than High School girls getting into boys. Disney Channel people really need to go back and watch EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE. Of every past DC show before 2004. But until then, we'll have to wait.

Maybe if enough people make it known that we would like the old fashion family shows to watch with our children and grandchildren they will listen. I can remember as a kid waiting for Sunday night so all 5 of us kids and my parents could sit together and watch a family movie! And yes in some movies there were princesses and princes, but it wasnt the same "tone" as it is now.

I personally don't like Nickelodeon or Disney shows(live people ones). I find the kids snotty and don't really love the interactions. We really don't watch them. My oldest is 9 and she has little interest in them so we pretty much just stick with PBS kids. Cute shows, good message and learn a little something. Love the Electric Company. I am not someone who shelters my kids from everything...my dd 7 loves superheroes and he watches a lot of those shows too(he's even seen some of the PG13 movies), but something about those tween live actor shows just are off putting. I do miss the old days of ducktails :) I also loved Dumbos Circus...anyone remember that show?

Some of those older shows are available on DVD. Look for them on Amazon. I haven't bought any other than season 1 of Chip 'N' Dale's Rescue Rangers cause I've been broke. :(

My father in law has the best idea. With all the cable channels we have... even the 3 or 4 Disney channels, why can't they have a Disney Classics channel with all the old cartoons and movies that we grew up with. I'm sure it would be a hit. We watch some of the classics on Netflix and my 2 year old loves it, it's just slim pickens on Netflix though. Sometimes Disney Jr. plays the older stuff but it's at odd times and few between.

My father in law has the best idea. With all the cable channels we have... even the 3 or 4 Disney channels, why can't they have a Disney Classics channel with all the old cartoons and movies that we grew up with. I'm sure it would be a hit. We watch some of the classics on Netflix and my 2 year old loves it, it's just slim pickens on Netflix though. Sometimes Disney Jr. plays the older stuff but it's at odd times and few between.

About 10 years ago, I said the same thing. Have yet to see it happen. If they did, it would surely be a high premium channel. :(

I rarely watch the Disney channel because I think their new 2014 shows are just trying to be funny when they're not. Am I alone in this? I told my mom I really wish they would bring back the classic Disney movies or shows so this new generation can watch. I feel like a majority of the magic is absent from the channel now. It also doesn't help that they're going to show Ice Age, which isn't even a Disney movie at all. I don't waste my time hating on things I don't like, but I really wish they would bring back the classics on that channel, like Jungle Cubs, House of Mouse, and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers.

Thoughts?

I definitely agree!!

The only live-action show I find tolerable is Liv and Maddie. And as far as animated shows, I only like Gravity Falls, Max Steel, and Slugterra.

I LOVED House of Mouse, it was my favorite!

Right now disney channel sucks even with the new Mickey Mouse cartoons they need to replay house of mouse, the Aladdin series, the little mermaid series and some of the CLASSIC Mickey Mouse cartoons not this new animated stuff

Right now disney channel sucks even with the new Mickey Mouse cartoons they need to replay house of mouse, the Aladdin series, the little mermaid series and some of the CLASSIC Mickey Mouse cartoons not this new animated stuff

Here here!!!! Why on earth can we not play the classic Mickey and Friends shorts?! Seriously frustrates me. OR, can we not drop those Disney treasures DVDs on Blu Ray? Ugh!!!

On a good note, as a Star Wars dork, the new Rebels cartoon drops on Disney XD in late summer early fall I believe!

Disney Channel is probably the most embarassing division of the company right now. It used to be really good when they aired Lizzie Mcguire, That's so Raven, Even Stevens, even the original Zack & Cody... Now they just make dumb shows with bad comedy and annoying teenagers. They don't even air the classic Disney animated features.

My kids watch these Disney shows endlessly. I do try to balance out this bad with good classic comedies like Andy Griffith, I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, Green Acres, Get Smart and Bob Newhart. Hopefully this will make them more discerning on what to watch in their future television viewing. :)

I also wish Disney would show more of their classics like they used to do on Vault Disney.

Speaking of which, why not a whole channel devoted to that? There's plenty of material I'm sure to sustain its own channel.

I have cut the cable cord and rely on my dvd collection now. I wish they would release more of the Walt era movies and shorts. Even with 4 shelves of Disney movies/animation/treasures/true life adventures to watch, I still miss Sunday evenings with Walt. I could kick myself for not purchasing some of the Treasures titles when they were available. I also keep hoping they will release the last two seasons of the Muppet show. At least I can introduce my grandkids to some of Disney the man and not just disney the brand.

I've been watching Disney since Even Stevens and Lizzie McGuire were on. They are still my favorites. Oh, and what was the one where the family was aliens....the main character was a middle school boy and had one of the Michalka girls in it? The shows have become less and less watchable over time. (Though I did like Good Luck Charlie).

Disney channel has turned into complete garbage with very little in the way of moral programming or even educational, fun programming. My wife and I have opted to ban the channel recently, and it pains me to do such because like most people here, we are Disney nerds.

The main issue is the fact that Disney Channel has forgotten what Disney was built upon, and that is ANIMATION. It had a fairly good run in the late 90s and early to mid 00's with decent live action programming, and now they rely upon it. I can honestly only think of one program on Disney that is good to watch, and that is Phineas and Ferb. The fact that the channel ABANDONED its iconic character (not just of the channel, but of Disney as a whole) for several years was an outrage, and the new half-hearted attempts at shorts that feature him would make Walt cry. It's seriously a sad state of affairs.

Add the lack of good animation with the fact that most of their shows feature immoral actions (lying, cheating, stealing, sneaking) either blatantly like Suite Life on Deck with countless sneaky moments, making fun of the heavy kid every episode, etc. and making it seem COOL and ACCEPTABLE, or sometimes less as blatant but with still the same message.

Just sad.

This of course, is just my .02 - but Disney really needs to refocus more on what made them great (charming animation), and less on teenage mentality, politics, and trying to be cute by being bad.

I also think it is a great idea like many have mentioned, that Disney should create a channel of Classic programming. This seems like such a "duh!", but somehow they continue to ignore it.

I believe the show with Aly Michalka was "Phil of the Future". That was around the tail end of the era of good Disney Channel programming. I feel like the two Zach and Cody series were the last genuinely funny, witty shows on Disney. I attempted to watch "A.N.T. Farm" and was only mildly entertained. I guess either the quality has really gone downhill or what's considered entertaining and satisfying in youth tv programming has really changed (though I feel like it's the former). "Good Luck Charlie" is decent, but nothing special. It seems like more and more, these shows are just about playing the fake laugh track as many times as possible in a half hour time span...the onslaught of overacting and bad humor is a bit depressing. I once watched an episode of that Nickelodeon show "Sam and Cat" (I know, not Disney, but an example of today's TV for youth) and was taken aback by the obnoxious nature of the acting and dialogue. I sure do miss Even Stevens and especially some of those Disney Channel original movies like Zenon, The Other Me, Horse Sense, and Eddie's Million Dollar Cook-Off.

:thumbsup2
That idea is pure genius!

I've been watching Disney since Even Stevens and Lizzie McGuire were on. They are still my favorites. Oh, and what was the one where the family was aliens....the main character was a middle school boy and had one of the Michalka girls in it? The shows have become less and less watchable over time. (Though I did like Good Luck Charlie).

It was Phil of the Future. They are playing it on DC Throwback Thursday this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter