• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uhm....Bahamas is now requiring vaccinations for all passengers over 12..

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the members (who owns a travel agency) in a cruise group I am in for an upcoming cruise just posted that they were contacted by their DCL business manager and that DCL will be requiring 100% vaccination for 12+; affected guests to be contacted throughout the week.
No surprise but nice to have some kind of confirmation. Hopefully Disney will be making an announcement now that stock market is closed.

I know most everyone is wondering about the vaccination requirement right now, but I'm not worried about that so much since everyone in my family is over 18 and is already vaccinated. What I'm more concerned about is the part of the mandate that says everyone (vaccinated or not) needs a negative test within 5 days of arriving in the Bahamas. Not sure how that'll work. Even on shorter cruises, you probably won't be getting to Castaway until your third or fourth day. And there is travel time to get to Florida. So when/where are we supposed to get tests that won't have already expired? Anyone know how other cruise lines are handling that?

We enjoyed our first two Carnival cruises, the last one, not really at all. I would be tempted to try one of the bigger RCCL ships if I were doing the Caribbean with the family, but after this (fingers crossed) next Fantasy cruise in September, we're going to stick to land based trips for a w hile.

One of the members (who owns a travel agency) in a cruise group I am in for an upcoming cruise just posted that they were contacted by their DCL business manager and that DCL will be requiring 100% vaccination for 12+; affected guests to be contacted throughout the week.

Great, this is how it always should've been and will increase my chances of keeping my cruise date.

No surprise but nice to have some kind of confirmation. Hopefully Disney will be making an announcement now that stock market is closed.
My husband said last week-- they'd make the announcement after the market closed on Friday. No luck. Hopefully you're right this time. Stock was up on good earnings report for Black Widow, or at least that's what he said today.

What I'm more concerned about is the part of the mandate that says everyone (vaccinated or not) needs a negative test within 5 days of arriving in the Bahamas. Not sure how that'll work. Even on shorter cruises, you probably won't be getting to Castaway until your third or fourth day. And there is travel time to get to Florida. So when/where are we supposed to get tests that won't have already expired? Anyone know how other cruise lines are handling that?
From what I've been reading, they consider, once you've boarded, the days onboard do not count. So that a test 3 days prior to boarding the ship would still fall within the parameters. Basically being in a bubble.

Officially we'll wait for this, or for confirmation from a few different reliable and named sources.... I mean, I assume its going this way but until its official....

Does anyone know if Dreams has gotten any info yet? Or if they did get called would they be under an NDA and couldn't share?

What I'm more concerned about is the part of the mandate that says everyone (vaccinated or not) needs a negative test within 5 days of arriving in the Bahamas. Not sure how that'll work. Even on shorter cruises, you probably won't be getting to Castaway until your third or fourth day. And there is travel time to get to Florida. So when/where are we supposed to get tests that won't have already expired? Anyone know how other cruise lines are handling that?
For 3/4 nights, they could require testing at the port prior to embarkation for all passengers, rather than just unvaccinated.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Well that's great to know. If you have the time could you answer 2 questions? How bad was the obstruction on the balcony. How long did they serve drinks in the lounge?
Tried to PM you but it looks like your profile is locked to me. So apologies to everyone else. :)

We were on the Adventure so our 2 bedroom was on the very back of the ship. The "view" was not obstructed at all. But unlike on Disney ships where we look right over the balcony into the water, if we looked straight over our balcony we could see a lower level deck below us. So it wasn't really an obstruction at eye level, only if you wanted to look straight now.

The suite lounge started serving drinks at 5 and we always left for dinner around 7 so I am not sure how long it went but I am thinking 8?

I think we always got more free drinks in the Disney concierge lounge because we could get them different times of day sometimes but RC you could order from the main bar rather than just what was in the lounge so we had all kinds of fancy things! Benefits to either.

I know most everyone is wondering about the vaccination requirement right now, but I'm not worried about that so much since everyone in my family is over 18 and is already vaccinated. What I'm more concerned about is the part of the mandate that says everyone (vaccinated or not) needs a negative test within 5 days of arriving in the Bahamas. Not sure how that'll work. Even on shorter cruises, you probably won't be getting to Castaway until your third or fourth day. And there is travel time to get to Florida. So when/where are we supposed to get tests that won't have already expired? Anyone know how other cruise lines are handling that?
I think you are mixing up the travel rules

If you are visiting the Bahamas by air or otherwise need a Health Visa, I think the test applied for everyone

These new rules that apply to Cruise Ships (to my knowledge) do not require vaccinated people to be tested.

What I'm more concerned about is the part of the mandate that says everyone (vaccinated or not) needs a negative test within 5 days of arriving in the Bahamas.

I can't find this in the new order but I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place. Do you happen to have a link? I would LOVE if all passengers had to be tested before boarding since we know even those who are vaccinated can get and spread Delta, though at a much lower rate. This is the one thing that still has me on the fence about our September cruise.

Does anyone know if Dreams has gotten any info yet? Or if they did get called would they be under an NDA and couldn't share?
In my experience, Dreams agents send out the info as soon as they can. On one upcoming cruise, my mom is booked through DU and I am not. She got an email update from her agent (yay, Merrie) before I got anything from Disney. And I never get any communication from that big-box membership only store.

I can't find this in the new order but I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place. Do you happen to have a link? I would LOVE if all passengers had to be tested before boarding since we know even those who are vaccinated can get and spread Delta, though at a much lower rate. This is the one thing that still has me on the fence about our September cruise.

I went back and reread it. I thought I'd read somewhere that everyone had to be tested regardless of vaccination status. But what it specifically says about testing on the new cruise mandate is that you are "subjected to the testing requirements mandated by the cruise line and approved by the Competent Authority." So whether that means we can stick with Disney's original rule of not needing a negative test if you're vaccinated...I'm not sure at all. And I have NO idea who counts as the "Competent Authority." LOL

I went back and reread it. I thought I'd read somewhere that everyone had to be tested regardless of vaccination status. But what it specifically says about testing on the new cruise mandate is that you are "subjected to the testing requirements mandated by the cruise line and approved by the Competent Authority." So whether that means we can stick with Disney's original rule of not needing a negative test if you're vaccinated...I'm not sure at all. And I have NO idea who counts as the "Competent Authority." LOL
We can probably all tell who is NOT the Competent Authority. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter