UHS VIP Mario world ?

skellinton

DIS Veteran
My husband and I have booked a VIP.tour for September and added the early access to Mario Land. If I understand it correctly we have to make reservations for Toads Cafe early, but then you have to be in the area when your reservation time is. I think you also have to somehow make reservations to get in Mario land. That is the part I'm confused on, how and when do we do that? Or will our VIP passes allow us free access in Mario anytime after our tour is over?
I think from what I'm reading is that if you are able to make a Toad reservation you can choose your return time, so say we made it at 6:30 or vip tour would be over by then but how will we get back into the Mario area?
I am sorry to be so ignorant of how this works I'm just very confused by the whole Mario setup.
Thank you

My husband and I have booked a VIP.tour for September and added the early access to Mario Land. If I understand it correctly we have to make reservations for Toads Cafe early, but then you have to be in the area when your reservation time is. I think you also have to somehow make reservations to get in Mario land. That is the part I'm confused on, how and when do we do that? Or will our VIP passes allow us free access in Mario anytime after our tour is over?
I think from what I'm reading is that if you are able to make a Toad reservation you can choose your return time, so say we made it at 6:30 or vip tour would be over by then but how will we get back into the Mario area?
I am sorry to be so ignorant of how this works I'm just very confused by the whole Mario setup.
Thank you

With a VIP tour, you don't need the early access, so not sure why you purchased that, unless you want an extra hour in the land before the tour starts?

Part of the tour is entry to the land and a ride on Mario Kart using the express lane. The whole group rides together. They go to the land in the morning, as far as I can tell. We have seen the groups in there and we have only been in the land at opening time.

You can obtain Toad Cafe reservations once inside the land, by scanning the QR code on the sign outside. Although with a tour, you are with the tour group all day, until like 3 or 4pm, so keep that in mind. A seated lunch is included in your tour. If you make a reservation for like 6:30pm at Toad's, you'd also need to secure another land entry VQ slot around that time, but frequently by the time, they are no longer requiring VQ entry slots, and it's free entry at that point. I've only seen the VQ times as far out as 4pm. Doesn't seem like you can select a later time than that, but I have never tried to enter the land after that. I *think* your VIP tour also includes a one time land entry that can be used later in the day. I'd email or call Universal to confirm.

But, on its own, a Toadstool Cafe reservation does NOT grant you entry to the land.

We booked it earlier entry because we are early morning people and wanted to make sure we had time to look around while not on the tour. Our tour doesn't start until 10. We would like to be at the park earlier than that.

Thanks @greg9x for sharing my review! One thing to note is that Toad's Café was closed for a special event the day we were there. So I have no idea what the availability might be in the afternoon.

Also, @skellinton I was thinking about your plan for early arrival to get some Mario Kart rides in before your tour & I worry that it might be a whole lot of effort for very little reward. Super Nintendo World is at the very bottom of the park, so you'll need to check in through the VIP entrance, which takes a little time as they walk through the day's schedule with you. Then, you'll have to trek down all of the escalators to get to Super Nintendo World. The ride line will be long & even though you have a VIP badge, you still have to go through the rooms where they group you up for instructions & gear distribution. Then, after that, there is more line that you cannot avoid even with your VIP badges. After all of that, you get on the ride and hopefully score lots of points! When you're done, you'll have to trek up the escalators and head to the park entrance to get back to the VIP tour meeting area. Our group met up about 20 minutes before our scheduled time. So, even though you have a 10am tour, you're going to need to be back around 9:30/9:45-ish. Seems like a lot of rushing around when you could just hang out, enjoy the VIP food & hospitality, and then enter Super Nintendo Land without a reservation after your tour is over.

I would recommend not riding Mario Kart during the early entry. Just do all the mini games and all the other tap opportunities in the land. Later you will ride Kart with the group and when you come back for a meal at Toad's, you can do the meet and greets. The main characters don't come out until after noon anyway. Peach is the only one greeting in the morning hours.

Yes, we
I would recommend not riding Mario Kart during the early entry. Just do all the mini games and all the other tap opportunities in the land. Later you will ride Kart with the group and when you come back for a meal at Toad's, you can do the meet and greets. The main characters don't come out until after noon anyway. Peach is the only one greeting in the morning hours.
We were not planning to ride in the morning, just try to get reservation for Toads and do the interactive stuff. Now that I have read how long toads takes, I think we just may try to eat their first thing. I really want the toad soup bowl, so my husband will just order a beverage and I will order soup for breakfast. Mostly we just want to do the interactive stuff and get it out of the way. We were not planning to do any rides in there before the tour.

Yes, we

We were not planning to ride in the morning, just try to get reservation for Toads and do the interactive stuff. Now that I have read how long toads takes, I think we just may try to eat their first thing. I really want the toad soup bowl, so my husband will just order a beverage and I will order soup for breakfast. Mostly we just want to do the interactive stuff and get it out of the way. We were not planning to do any rides in there before the tour.

I don't think Toads opens until the official park opening time, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I had the tomato soup at 9am last time because my kid wanted the bowl. The kids had desserts. The tomato soup is good, but spicy, which I was not expecting.

You don't need a reservation right when they open. The first reservations are not until 9:30am.

I don't think Toads opens until the official park opening time, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I had the tomato soup at 9am last time because my kid wanted the bowl. The kids had desserts. The tomato soup is good, but spicy, which I was not expecting.

You don't need a reservation right when they open. The first reservations are not until 9:30am.
Well, we can goof around with the bands for a bit and then try to be first batch into Toads. I just love that bowl so much, but I don't want to waste a lot of park time to get it. My husband might order dessert just because they are so cute and we have no shame.
Thanks for the info.

Well, we can goof around with the bands for a bit and then try to be first batch into Toads. I just love that bowl so much, but I don't want to waste a lot of park time to get it. My husband might order dessert just because they are so cute and we have no shame.
Thanks for the info.

The Tiramisu is the dessert to get. It's fantastic!

The Tiramisu is the dessert to get. It's fantastic!
Perfect, I am sure he would waffle between that and the fruity one, but I will tell him that the Tiramisu was recommended. That way I can try a bite! I won’t be able to sample the berry one because of allergies.

I'm hoping to go about Toad's the opposite way and am interested in others opinions. We have a VIP tour for August 16 at 9:15, and they suggest being at the VIP by 8:45 to check in. Anyway, we're not planning on doing anything before the tour but do plan on heading back to Super Nintendo World after the tour and expect to basically spend the rest of our day there. My son really wants to go to Toadstool Cafe and I know with the two meals already provided, going there earlier than 6-7pm probably won't work as no one will be hungry.

My questions are:

1. How early do the reservations for Toad's typically "sell out?" I figure if the tour goes there in the morning I can try scan the code and book a later reservation then. Is this probable?
2. I've also heard that later in the day, reservations to Toad's aren't really needed. Is that accurate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter