• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UK Annual Passholders - magic bands question!

anna_m

Earning My Ears
Because I've got a couple of work conferences in Orlando over the next year I'm going to buy an annual pass as it'll definitely work out cheaper than paying for tickets for each trip. But I have a question about magic bands -- I don't think Disney ship magic bands to the UK, and I've read that you can't pick them up anywhere on site either. I'm staying at a Disney Springs hotel, not a Disney resort hotel, so I'm not sure where I can get my "free" magic band that I should get as part of my annual pass?

Has anyone else been in this position before and can let me know how to get it?

I've racked my brains to think of an answer to this and can't!
We're AP holders but always stay onsite so the issue has never arisen. I'll be really interested to hear how this can be solved.
I know that you'll be able to get a card to enter the parks but don't know how a band will be supplied - I'll be interested to see the replies! Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I've racked my brains to think of an answer to this and can't!
We're AP holders but always stay onsite so the issue has never arisen. I'll be really interested to hear how this can be solved.
I know that you'll be able to get a card to enter the parks but don't know how a band will be supplied - I'll be interested to see the replies! Sorry I can't be more helpful.

No, thanks for giving it some thought! I'm a bit stumped too. I already have one magic band from a previous trip, so I can use that to get into the parks. I think I might just visit guest services at one of the parks and see what they can do.

We've had AP magic bands delivered to villas we were renting in the past.

Mrs TT

So you can pick them up onsite! Last year we were worried about them not arriving in time and went to Magic Kingdom Annual Pass area (which is in Liberty Square where the Fastpass booking bit is) and picked them up there. This was in September and we asked at EPCOT when we activated our passes and were told this is the only area onsite you can get them. The only issue was they don't have names on but they had a full range of colours (there were 5 of us and we managed to all get different). The slider you also get free I've been told are back in stock (weren't available in September) and available at Mousegear (EPCOT) and other locations. Plus during Flower & Garden festival there is a free magnet at Mousegear too (they do the same during Food & Wine) :D

Once you have activated your Annual Pass (and this is the important bit) you will have the option to customise the Magic Band. You can choose a time for it to be shipped, so put the usual home address and they will ship to your onsite hotel (if you are staying onsite) or put another hotel address and they will ship there - make sure you hit the shi[p now button in plenty of time as it can actually take a week or so to get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter