UK DVC roll-call!

After many trips to Florida and Disney, took the plunge in Oct 2001 and bought 200 points at VWL. Added on another 65 on at BCV's ( gives us sun - thurs in a studio any time ) and probably going to get some at SSR.

David:D

Hello

After many visits to WDW, we purchased 150 points at OKW in 1996. Eventually we bought a further 25 points at OKW and 30 at VB - and boy do I get so much fun out of s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g those points :)

For instance, in March we (husband, friends and I) visited VB followed by Savannah then Charleston and ended with 5 'cheap' nights at OKW. In September we're touring Phoenix, Grand Canyon etc and getting a train to Orlando for another 'cheap' 5 nights at OKW. In November I'm back again with a friend staying at VB, All Stars and then a final 5 nights at OKW.

I quite like the moving around aspect but appreciate it wouldn't suit everyone.

Moira

Hi everyone
We bought 210 pts at OKW in 1994. we go every year and always take friends or relatives who pay cash for the weekends so we are able to get the best use of our points.We got back this morning (sat 17th)from 1 week in Naples and 10days in a 2 bedroom at OKW

We have just joined DVC this week, with 350 points at the Wilderness Lodge (through resale).
We have stayed at WDW 3 times- Dixie Landings (twice) and Wilderness Lodge. Can't wait to hear "Welcome Home"!

Thanks very much. The first of many I hope! Hoping to make our first visit "home" early next year and experience the DVC difference

Hi

My DW and myself joined in July 2002 with 190 point at OKW. We toured all the WDW DVC properties, while staying in July 2002 and were so impressed we signed up for anther 80 points at BCV.
We are still to go "home" yet, but are planing visits to OKW in July 04 and 05. :bounce:
We are now looking for a smallish add-on at OKW.....need more points.....need more points.....need more points ;)

We joined DVC in December 2002 with 165 points for BCV. Looking forward to our first home visit in April 2004. Two weeks in Dixie Landings resort - May 1999. Three weeks in Carribean Beach - May 2002. Using points to spend five days in Sequoia Lodge, DLP - August 2003.

:bounce: :bounce:

Can anyone tell me how to activate a "countdown" until my next holiday??

Well we became members just 2 weeks ago. 200 points at Beach Club Villas - can't wait to go next year :)

Congratulation Sam - wonderful news :D I'm sure that'll be the first of many happy trips home.

Paul

Hi,

We joined last June, 150 points at Vero Beach. Took our first trip on DVC points in Feb this year, 4 nights OKW, 4 nights HHI and 4 nights VB.
Fantastic!!

Karen

Hi

We joined DVC in 1998 buying 180 points at BWV, since then we have added on another 40 points.

We were so excited about buying into DVC we invited the rest of our family (Grandparents, sister, niece, etc) to join us on our first trip home the following year. Trouble is they liked it so much too and have invited themselves along ever since. This year convinced them to rent points to supplement our's, who knows might even convince them to buy some!

Careful points budgeting allows us 2 weeks in a 2 bed room each year in September.

Always in need of more points.

Jools

Jools,

I read your info with great interest. We have only just bought into DVC (through resale) and are yet to use our points, but I'm wondering how you have managed to get 2 weeks per year in a 2 bed for 220 points?

The DVC book that I have (admittedly an old one) says that approx 220 points would be needed for just a week in a 2 bed.

I'd be very grateful if you could advise! Don't want to use more points than we have to !! ;)

Amanda

We bought 200 points at OKW, site unseen, just before Christmas last year after taking the DVC tour in June. Our first trip home won't be until next year but we are using points for our trip to DLP in August.

Amanda

Ooops! sorry to disapoint you I don't manage to squeeze a 2 bedroom out of them every year for 220 points, just careful points management.

Firstly we always go in September which is the lowest season for points usage. We try to travel on a Friday and stay off site for that night as it saves valuable points (Friday and Saturday costs you as many points as Sunday to Thursday). Stayed at OKW once to us fewer points.

The first year we bought in we were there on holiday anyway, and (can't quite remember exactly) but we had some points which we banked to the following year. The following year we did not go and rented the points we had carried over and banked the current years points again into the next year. The next year we went using the banked and current years points and borrowed some points. (confused yet?)

I think it was at this point that we bought an add on, which helped top up our points. (ended up with more points than anticipated due to the use year).

The next time we went we stayed off site for the Friday & Saturday nights. First weekend travelled Friday, went to the Space Centre Saturday, checked into the Boardwalk first thing Sunday morning. Went to the Gulf coast for the 2nd weekend. Had a few points left over and banked them (I always bank them no matter how few)

This time we are staying on site for the whole 2 weeks, but the relatives have rented points to supplement our points.

Hope this helps.

Jools,

That explains it beautifully, thank you! I can see there is going to be more planning ahead required to make best use of our points than first I thought. It makes a lot of sense to stay elsewhere on Fri/Sat nights. Maybe we will have a day or two at a Universal hotel first - thanks for the tip!! :smooth:

Hi DW and I joined DVC in June 2001 and bought 170 points at VWL. We spent Christmas 2002 there and it was fantastic. We added on last year at VWL and now have 230 points. Hope to be going to VB and VWL this October

Hi, Bad Llama :wave: and welcome to the UK DIS boards!

I think I'll have to compile a list of everyone who has 'signed up' to this thread - I don't know why, but I didn't expect there to be so many of us UK DVCers! :teeth:

Thanks, nice to be here. I didn't know there were so many DVC members in the UK either. It's great.............

We bought a resale in June 2000. We have stayed at OKW three times, WLV twice and last August at AKL. This coming August we are off to OKW for 7 nights and BCV for the next 7 nights.
We love DVC, some wonderful holidays with special memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter