UK DVC roll-call!

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
I know we've got a few new UK DVC members here, and we haven't had a roll-call for a while, so how about another one? :teeth:

I'll kick off (moderator's perogative ;) ):
DH and I joined DVC in July 2001 with VWL as our Home Resort.

Together with our DDs we've so far stayed at OKW, VWL and BWV and hope to add VB to that list next year. Last year we managed to book five nights in a GV at OKW with lots of family.

Over to you........

Great idea Hilary!

We joined in May 2000 at BVW with 210 points and have added on twice now to bring us up to 320 once the latest set of paperwork is all done :)

We've had a one bedroom at VWL at Christmas time a couple of years ago - that was very beautiful - and a studio at OKW this time last year. Apart from that, we love our home resort at the Boardwalk and the short walks to Epcot and MGM.

This October we've got a BWV studio booked for a couple of weeks, and next year we planning on a trip to BWV and Vero, taking my mum along for the first time. She's been to WDW once before but stayed at the All-Stars, so DVC will hopefully be a bit special for her. We might even see if we can get a GV at OKW for a couple of nights, just to experience that ultimate luxury :)

Paul

ps - whilst i've been typing this the FedEx van just arrived with our addon documents :bounce:

We joined in November 2000 and our home is BWV :bounce:

This year we are branching out ;) (14 nts BWV & 4 nts OKW)

I love my DVC :bounce:

Joined May 2001 - 160 points at VWL

Have stayed at OKW, BWV, but only a single night so far at 'home', though we did splurge with a 1 bedroom - also did the DVC Members Cruise.

I have half an eye on the re-sales at the moment in the hopes of picking up a nice BW contract though as I <i>definately</i> don't have enough points!!!

We joined in August 2002 and haven't been 'home' yet, (although not long now).
We bought 165 points at the BCV and am now considering selling H's liver & kidneys to fund the further 339 points that we'd like, although he claims he's still using them! ;)

Only ever stayed at the All Stars in the past and we can't wait to stay at the BCV.

Myself, wife, and two children have just joined in the past week!

My wife has worked out that in 2005 (it's such a long time), we can have a 3 night cruise, 3 nights at the BW, and 5 nights at the BCV (home).

The salesman we dealt with, Nic, was fantastic.:earsboy: :tongue:

We joined in February 2000 with 180 points at the BWV.

So far we have stayed at the Boardwalk (twice) and Vero Beach.
In 9 days we set off for a week on the Disney cruise followed by 6 nights at the Beach Club Villas.

Kev

Joined March 2002 and used some of the points at DLP last December for a family get together for DH's 40th Birthday.

Absolutely desperate to see my main home resort of OKW (have already done a small add on at BCV :o ) but we won't be getting there now until at least 2005 due to the arrival (all being well) of Baby No. 2 this October. :D

We have stayed in disney hotels five times and joined DVC last November. It will be our first trip to BVC in a 1 Bedroom when we go later this year and I cant wait.

I joined in 93, OKW was the only resort on sale at that time. I've had multiple stays at OKW, HH, Vero, BWV and BCV, tried to get VWL for my upcoming trip ( June 8th-21st) but points were just toooooo expensive so I'm slumming it at OKW :D

Joined in March 2000 with initial allocation of 150 points. Added on another 75 points six months later before BVW solk out. This month I added on another 100 points. Now get a total of 325 points per year :bounce:

Only ever stayed at BVW. But looking to stay at VB in Xmas of 2005:)

Joined in Sept 2002 with 210 points, we havn't been home yet but we will probably be adding 120 points in the next month.

Only ever stayed at moderate resorts in the past.

We have now booked our first trip for Christmas (2 bed, can't wait!!) and will return again in July.

Joined June 2001, 250 VWL points after tour in May 2001. Been to Disney 5+ times, mostly off-site. Plan to go again, and again...
Stayed at All Stars, loved being on-site but have Champagne taste, Beer money!

Points spent...
- Aug '01 Interval exchange to Palm Oasis, Gran Canaria
- Feb 02 DLP Disneyland Hotel 2 nights
- New Year 2003: VWL 5 nights (2 bed). 4 night cruise, VB 2 nights (2 bed)

VWL IS our home - the kids want to know when are we going home again.

Wish we could buy more points!!!

Ambition to go to Vero in a Beach House and invite a crowd....

AndyUK

Hello
Bought resale August 2001, 270 points at OKW.
1st trip 2 weeks studio OKW Dec 2002, last trip 12 days 1 bed OKW 1 month ago.
Next trip probably 2005
Hard to get back to studio, 1 bed so much nicer

Chris

Hi all,
We originaly bought 300 points at OKW back in '92, and added another 200 at VB in '95.
I go to WDW every year for a week-long conference, and that was the original motivation: my business partner and I both bought points at OKW (Boardwalk wasn't open at that time).

We have atwo-bed in the boardwalk now each year, plus we holiday in Florida every other year.

This year, for the first time, we have points over, so we are renting them out over on the main board.

Gareth Howell

july 1992 at okw. it had not been open long.. we had our 2 small children(god look at them now!) with us and we have been back every year since have add on at vero beach.
so far been to all resorts and the cruise and had a getaway break at nashville.
this year y and b club resort..
neil

Hi all

We joined in 1999 with 950 points at Boardwalk.

Had some great vacations at Boardwalk and Vero Beach.

Hoping to try and get in a cruise next year. Can't get out this year due to illness in family.

Regards

Mark

we joined 4 yrs ago as bw members with 212 points, we have been 1 bw 2 to okw and back to bw this oct, looking forward to halloween never been at thsi time usually stay whole two weeks on site, this year we want to visit clearwater for two nights and also try and renew our vows (10 yrs) any tips on either of these would be gratefully accepted, has anybody got any input on gifts of a lifetime for this?
also can anyone advise ticket purchase with discount i.e can we use dvc card for discount in uk or do you buy from america we want 5 day hpper plus
thanks
debbyLL:D

Hi debbyLL, :wave: and welcome to the DIS boards!
also can anyone advise ticket purchase with discount i.e can we use dvc card for discount in uk or do you buy from america we want 5 day hpper plus
I understand the only DVC discounts available on admissions is a % off the cost of an Unlimited Magic Pass (not sure if this is the current name!), not on APs or hopper passes. You can't buy UMP in advance, only on check-in at the DVC resort.
this year we want to visit clearwater for two nights and also try and renew our vows (10 yrs) any tips on either of these would be gratefully accepted, has anybody got any input on gifts of a lifetime for this?
I'd recommend posting these questions as new threads over on the UK Trip PLanning board, as you'll get far more response than here on the DVC board ;)

You could have a thread for each of the topics - Clearwater, renewing vows and Gifts of a Lifetime. Also, if you head over to the Weddings and Honeymoon Forum, I'm sure you'll pick up some advice about renewing vows. :)

Hi,
We joined DVC in April 2000 with 210 points at BWV.Since then we have added 150 points at Vero and 52 at BCV.Stayed at all our home resorts as well as the 7 day cruise.While I am typing this we our on our last day of our West coast adventure where we stayed 3 nights at the Grand Californian on points.The rest of the trip was a combination of Virgin deals and Priceline!

More about that when we return.

Mick + The Dragon.

:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter