Unofficial PJ: PICTURES!!! TR Day 2&3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dislovr

Mouseketeer
Ok...so I am not donig an official PJ. I unfortuantely am not a Disney bride. I say unfortunately because I would love it but I am totally ok with having it at home and I do really feel that we are better off. So rathar than a "planning journal" I am just using this to post my ideas, planning and be able to ask some questions that I have and hopefully get some help...man that sounds alot like PJ dosn't :rotfl:

Anyway...ill start my introducing myself and telling a little about my HTB (I know that you ladies call them your DFi however, even long before we were engaged we always signed cards HTB/WTB...husband/wife to be)

Bride: me, Leah :bride:
I am 22 years old. I am a fulltime nursing student and LOVE it! I'd much rathar plan a wedding most of the time than do school work though so I really have to try to stay focused. I am VERY fortunate to have my parents supporting me through school. I am living at home rent free, they are paying for my school, and am able to only work every other weekend just to pay for extra things (like clothes, going out etc.) rathar than having to work lots of hours to pay for necessities. I guess you can call me spoiled because of this but at least I am aware of how good I have it and really appreciate what I am given and don't take advantage. The every other weekend I babysit. HTB calls me the nanny because he only has his kids every other weekend and I am there alll weekend and if he decides to take off for the weekend to Florida or SC I go with them (private jet its soooo cool). So its a good job during school to just give me the couple of bucks that I need.

Groom: Dave :groom:
Dave just turned 26 yesterday. I told him hes getting old. lol He lives at home with his parents still. Hey we figured why not take advantage with it and save some money. Anyway...he works at Friedman Electric in the warehouse. He hates it however...he makes good money for someone with out college education so he is sticking it out for now. Ideally he'd LOVE to work with computers, building, networking and all that kind of stuff. However, anything that pays descent is a good distance away so hes just waiting it out.

Details:

Date: 9/6/09
Ceremony: garden ceremony in NEPA
Reception: same place as ceremony but in the ballroom (www.theinne.com)

I am not putting a full cast of people. I havn't asked my BM's yet because frankly because we are girls there is always drama and who knows what will happen in 18 months. So I am holding out on that as long as possible. BTW what is as long as possible? lol

What I have accomplished:
Well obviously the date, and place also:
-dress
-colors
-invites

I also have a pretty good idea for:
-flowers
-cake
-menu

I guess that is all for now...I will elaborate on all of that on another day and I will also post some pictures of HTB and I as well as our meeting history and engagement story.

Man...this really sounds A LOT like a planning journal. Oh well, no one has to follow along if you don't want to. But when the time comes I will have loads of questions...esp about invites and BM's and their dresses etc. So just watch out for those and try to help me out!

:rotfl2: I thought that bit about the BM was funny! I had a "friend" tell me that I was going to be a BM in her wedding. Fast forward 9 months and I wasn't even sure if I was invited to the wedding! I asked mine already, my weddings next may, but since it's an out of town wedding I wanted to give them time to prepare. But a lot of people say wait till the last second you can!

I can't wait to see what you have planned! popcorn::

:rotfl2: I thought that bit about the BM was funny! I had a "friend" tell me that I was going to be a BM in her wedding. Fast forward 9 months and I wasn't even sure if I was invited to the wedding! I asked mine already, my weddings next may, but since it's an out of town wedding I wanted to give them time to prepare. But a lot of people say wait till the last second you can!

I can't wait to see what you have planned! popcorn::

It is funny but so the truth!

So I suppose on with the story...

HTB and I have been together for a little over 4 years. We met October 2003 through an x-boyfriend of mine and mutual friend for the both of us. Let me tell you that this guy that introduced us is one of our really good friends (auctually will be HTB's Best Man). Anyway the only reason we ever really went out because all of my friends were dating his friends and we were the only 2 left so it just kind of ended up that way. We were never anything serious and he was auctually dating 2 of my other girl friends at the time. So anyway...

We started "going out" January 23rd of 2004. He was on a bowling league and one of the fridays that he was bowling he just started introducing me to his buddy's as his girlfriend so thats how the Dave and Leah saga began...kind of funn huh?

So he asked me to marry him October 29th 2007(i think, i auctually don't remember for sure, oops :eek: ).
We were at my grandmothers church for a dinner and to this day for some unknown reason she started introducing me as her grand daughter and then procceded to introduce dave as my fiance. Keep in mind that there was no ring on my finger at this time. So...we came home and I was playing Rattoluie (sp?) on the PS3 up in daves bedroom when he disappeared I figured he went to the bathroom. He comes back upstairs with a ring and asked me to marry him. Not very romantic but special all the same. He said he felt it appropriate to make it official since we were already engaged in grama's eyes. BTW...grama had NO idea he was planning on asking me. I knew it was coming but auctually didn't think he had the ring yet.

We have our appointment to do our paperwork for booking our ceremony/reception on Thursday at 4pm. We are "penciled" in as us disboards people call it, we jsut have to make it official.

Still to come....
Drama with the mama :scared1:
My dress and veil :woohoo:
Flower ideas...

Eh I was going to go clean but I've decided to procrastinate a little while longer and post a little more...

Ok first a picture...ive realized I have no pictures up...

DSC00545.jpg

This is HTB and I. Not the most current picture but the best one that i've gotten right now. We NEVER get our picture taken together so im lucky I have this one. I have to book e-pictures now that we have a date booked. I wanted to book Randy for our trip to Disney in 1 month and 26 days (hehe) but that never happened so I am just going to book them here at home.

OK...onward with the dress I suppose. Let me tell you the place that I found my dress at was the 4th shop that I was at. Every other place compared to where I auctually made the purchase was a dump! The bridal shop is BEAUTIFUL! It is an old converted funeral home (wierd huh?) with wood floors, wood accents with statues, big chandlers, georgous area rugs. Let me tell you it must really help with their sales because I wanted to find "the one" there. Thats not why I bought the dress but it defintely didn't hurt. I look forward to going for fittings, and taking my BM's for dresses and they even have tuxes for HTB. Anyway here are the pictures:

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

My favorite part is the back! I love how the buttons (even though fake) go all way way down the back to the very edge of the train and the details are beautiful. The first time I tried it on I cried. I went home and thought about it for a week. Decided to go back and try it on again and ended up buying it. And it was totally under budget! :woohoo:
Nothing like saving a couple bucks...I had a $1200 max on my dress and it was like 700 however...I made up for it with a $225 veil but still got 25% percent off the 225 so I guess over all I didn't do half bad!

Ok I am officially going to go do something constructive! I am off from school until after Easter but I have LOADS to do! :scared1:

I'm joining in!!! I wasn't a Disney bride, but I did just get married 1/5/08!! You two are a very cute couple!!!!!! Looking forward to your PJ!

First off, I LOVE your dress!!! It is sooo pretty!!!! Secondly, do you know where you are going to honeymoon at?? We honeymooned at Disney and had the best time!!! If you are interested, there's a link to my trip report in my siggy!

First off, I LOVE your dress!!! It is sooo pretty!!!! Secondly, do you know where you are going to honeymoon at?? We honeymooned at Disney and had the best time!!! If you are interested, there's a link to my trip report in my siggy!

Thanks I love it too. lol. Umm...I put HTB in charge of the honeymoon. Originally we were going to Hawaii but obviously we want to do everything when we go so it will be like 10 grand so we've decided to put that off a few years and the new thing is DCL. I've been asking questions over on their part of the boards. We go to Disney all the time so we didn't want to do the typical trip. I will def. be checking out yours though! Thanks!!!

Ok...I don't know how to like muli-post and respond to several posts at once. Do you know what I mean? Can anyone help? Dumb question I know :rolleyes:

Hey! A fellow nursing student! ADN or BSN? Congrats on your wedding! It's totally ok having a PJ without technically a disney wedding! Can't wait to read more!

Hey! A fellow nursing student! ADN or BSN? Congrats on your wedding! It's totally ok having a PJ without technically a disney wedding! Can't wait to read more!

well eventually BSN but I am currently I am at a community college and will graduate with technically an associates in applied science but be able to sit for my RN state n-clex exam. If that makes any sense. I am going to take a year off for wedding and to getting settled in a hospital so that they will pay for my bachelors.

Thats always a great way to go about it! Get that money girl! Plus, you'll have a lot more experience when it comes to getting your BSN.

Ok first off...how do I make my pictures smaller??? I just realized they are sooo huge! lol

Anyway i've been really busy lately. Unfortunately its not with anything fun like wedding planning. I've been really tied up with school. Only like 5 more weeks of this semester and then I have the summer off yay!

Speaking of summer...I will be in Disney May 14-23rd. Anyone else gonna be there? Let me know. Dave is taking myself (bc im a poor college student) and his parents. When he decided to plan this trip I told him that he either had to foot the bill for me also or wait till after I graduated. Well he decided he didn't want to wait...how sweet of him :lovestruc
Anyway...im sure we will need some time away from the future in laws :laughing: a night at PI or something sounds good to me :thumbsup2
Let me know if you'll be in Disney!

Ok so in terms of wedding. We've officially booked and signed our contract. We have rented their garden pavillon for the ceremony their ivy room for coctails and their ballroom for the reception.
We've decided that after the ceremony we are going to go over to the national park (beautiful) for pictures and let everyone get in for coctails and then come back and get pictures (with no one around) around the garden area. I don't want hundreds of people out there snapping photos I don't want anything to distract us from our hired PAID photographer. lol

Here are the idea that I have for cake and flowers...

Summer I LOVE your cake and it so happen that its close to my colors (orange, yellow, and red) so your cake is my inspiration...
cake.jpg

Also BM flowers...
bridesmaid.jpg

I have a better picture of exactly how I want them to look but its on my lap top. They will have a wrapped stem.
Since I am editing I will add that better pic...
yellowcallas.jpg

Inspiration for my bouquet...the only thing I don't like is all the exposed stems...
weddingbouquet.jpg

There is also a bouquet in the PDF that disney gives of flowers that I really really like. But I can't figure out how to post just that picture and not the whole thing.

I also really like this bouquet for the colors but I don't like that flower at all! Too hawaiian for me. Would have been nice for a hawaii wedding (considered that too...auctually not expensive!) but not for one at home.

flowercolors.jpg

Ok...thats all for now...I really have NO idea what I want for centerpieces but I will post some pictures of ideas in the next post.

Ok...here is what i've been looking at in terms of centerpieces...
The place includes centerpieces but its just a single flower in a vase and no way Im settling for that so i'll be upgrading. Here are some pics...

gerbercenterpieces.jpg

Fallcenterpieces.jpg

fallwedding.jpg

centerpieces.jpg

Auctually now that I look at all the pictures the only one I really like at all are the gerber daisy's. I think i've been just saving pictures of centerpieces close to my colors and not really noticing that the are kind of ugly. I think the gerber daisy's would be cute in orange, red, and yellow don't you?

Ok...so I need some suggestions on set up for the reception. I've decided that the room for cocktail will be all white. No color at all. Only white cloths, napkins, and flowers. Then the colors will be in the ballroom for the reception.
Now I got the guy that owns the place to include our linnens in our price :banana:
So...in the ballroom I will have the floor length skirts and then colored overlays. I havn't seen the color samples but I was debating between burnt orange or red. Anyone have a suggestion either way as to which one?

FYI...I can highly recommend this place to anyone in NEPA area. I mean its not really fancy by any means but its good enough. And...its only 41.99 per person and that includes everything...all the rooms we are using, full bar, meal which has a salad, pasta course, choice of 4 entrees and cake and ice cream. And of coarse I also got the guy to include my linnens. So...from the rents I have a $20,000 budget but I am giving myself a $10,000 budget so that I have 10,000 to put towards our down payment. And of what I hear 10,000 is pretty cheap for 150 people so anyone looking for a nice but inexpensive way to have a wedding in NEPA I do recommend this place! :thumbsup2

Leah, it looks like your non-PJ is off to a great start! I really love the BM bouquets and the gerbera daisy centerpieces. As far as the table linens, you could decide if you are going to have a dominating color in your centerpieces, and pick a linen that is a different color so the flowers will stand out more. Looking forward to reading more! :woohoo:

Leah, it looks like your non-PJ is off to a great start! I really love the BM bouquets and the gerbera daisy centerpieces. As far as the table linens, you could decide if you are going to have a dominating color in your centerpieces, and pick a linen that is a different color so the flowers will stand out more. Looking forward to reading more! :woohoo:

Thanks for the input! I'll have to think about it. I mean its not like I don't have time. :rotfl:
I just can't help it even though im so far away from the wedding. I want to plan stuff!!! I have some more ideas for centerpieces too...stay tuned for pictures!

I like the gerber daisy centerpiece too! Such pretty, vibrant color!
Looking forward to more!

Thanks! Everyone thinks im nuts when I tell them my colors. I think they are perfect for a fall wedding though :love:
And besides orange is my fav. color and they say if you like it go with it!

YAY, I am so happy to have more than one pages to my thread :lmao:

Anyway I have some more pictures of centerpieces. Once I realized I liked the gerber daisys I thought i'd google up some more ideas. Here are some pictures...

gerber20centerpiece.jpg

gdaisys.jpg

daisy20centerpiece.jpg

I really really like the first arrangement. And I think it would look ok with the burnt orange overlays. I was and guess stil am considering red for the overlays but am a little afraid of the red :scared1:
I just wanted red as a slight accent color so im not sure if I want to go as far as having the tables covered in that color.

Like I said its not like im pressed for time im just chronic planner. Its an exciting time for a woman and I just can't help it. lol. Good thing I am a poor college student otherwise i'd be spending way too much money on little stupid unnecessary stuff.

Thats all for now. Thanks for reading!

I love your colors! So bright and cheerful!

I am going to enjoy following your journal.

Elaine :goodvibes

Everything is looking really great!! I went to a wedding once where BM carried different colored gerbera daisy bouquets and I thought they were very pretty. Four years later I still remember them! That's gotta mean something ;)

Thanks so much for the compliments! I didn't think anyone was reading this. Anyway...at first when I told people my colors they were about to die (esp my mother) until I showed them pictures and then their attitude changed. Its just one of those things you have to see to appreciate. :lmao:

Anyway I have LOADS to add and update and lots of pictures too but that will have to wait till next week. I am finishing up the school semester and have a tremendous amount of work/studying to do this weekend. But after next tuesday for a week I am dedicated to these boards. Can't wait to spend some quality time here will all you guys!!! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter