UPDATE: Finally got access to contract, points missing (FOUND! Disney's error)

Honestly, if there’s no real assurance or recourse, resale contracts should all be priced and bought as if they are stripped. Who knows, maybe Fidelity even suggested the seller burn the points?

Perhaps brokers shouldn’t list current points in listings because they are essentially unable to be guaranteed (would be false advertising, not that it matters). In the current system, I don’t see a path that ensures the buyer gets these points, unless the seller is, out of their own kindness, willing to share a screenshot (and give up whatever value those points might fetch for them). Am I missing something?

Craig Washburn is one of the owners of Fidelity. I threatened legal action with one of my issues with them and he acted quite quickly to resolve it.

You can also contact Jeana Clarkin before escalating to Craig if you’d like. Her details are below:

Jeana Clarkin

Contracts Manager | Fidelity Real Estate

5337 Millenia Lakes Blvd, Suite 225B, Orlando, FL 32839
P 407-465-5193 | F 407-465-5193

the recourse is in your contract. Fidelity's states that you get $25/pt for missing pts. Only issue is its from the seller. Good luck with that part..... I mean, legally they are in breach, but now you have to go after them OR, make enough stink publically, put the Fidelity and the agent on blast and see if they will cover the $2500

I believe that DVCRM stands behind that guarantee. If I am buying from Fidelity, maybe require them to add a guarantee that they will pay it and go after the owner if the funds are released before the points are verified?

I believe that DVCRM stands behind that guarantee. If I am buying from Fidelity, maybe require them to add a guarantee that they will pay it and go after the owner if the funds are released before the points are verified?

was thinking same thing.... Doubtful we'll be a resale buyer any time soon though..

Check your PM's
I'm curious to know who the broker is too. I purchased a contract through Fidelity last year and had no issues at all but over the last week I've been working with a different Fidelity broker on another contract and not one single step has gone smoothly.

I'm talking 24 hours of radio silence after I submitted my offer, then after reaching out to see if the offer had been presented to the buyer I was told "I'll call to present it now." 24 more hours went buy and I reached out to see if they had accepted and it was clear that he hadn't presented the offer yet after all. If it wasn't a great deal on a hard to come by contract I would have just walked away.

Another thing that stuck out to me was a reference he made to "savanna view rooms" at BRV! I didn't even know how to respond to that.

I have a positive update. Disney was able to locate the missing points and it appears the error was on their side during account setup.

I've updated my original post and attempted to edit out the unfair speculation. I appreciate everyone's assistance in supporting and suggesting ideas, especially @KAT4DISNEY who unknowingly planted the seed that ultimately resolved my issue.

I have a positive update. Disney was able to locate the missing points and it appears the error was on their side during account setup.

I've updated my original post and attempted to edit out the unfair speculation. I appreciate everyone's assistance in supporting and suggesting ideas, especially @KAT4DISNEY who unknowingly planted the seed that ultimately resolved my issue.
Happy they managed to "find" them for you!

My next suggestion was going to be to wait until Monday to call when you could speak with someone who works more directly with account setup vs MS. Glad that MS was able to ultimately help today.

Correct, DVCRM does stand behind their guarantee. I had a missing points issue during the closing process (that they identified) and they proactively contacted me and honored their guarantee and made me whole. Again, they did this proactively (before I even was aware). DVCRM is absolutely fabulous to work with! :-)

Happy they managed to "find" them for you!

My next suggestion was going to be to wait until Monday to call when you could speak with someone who works more directly with account setup vs MS. Glad that MS was able to ultimately help today.

I agree on the 'find' also. From what others have stated, Disney doesnt manually type in numbers on a screen, they literally just move/transfer the contract to your account with the points intact. I guess mistakes happen, but man, I dont know. Glad its worked out though....

I agree on the 'find' also. From what others have stated, Disney doesnt manually type in numbers on a screen, they literally just move/transfer the contract to your account with the points intact. I guess mistakes happen, but man, I dont know. Glad its worked out though....
I don't know for a fact it's manual but that is how it has always appeared to be from what I have seen. 1st is the set up of a new contract in the buyers membership that long ago I was told is handled by one person. It is a new number that is in sequence with what is already owned, not the one previously used by the seller. Then I was told a different person loads the points. The reason I 1st mentioned to the OP about double checking with DVC is because one time, a few days after the contract number was 1st established in my membership, I had all future points loaded into a however it was another day or two before some banked and current points were loaded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter