**UPDATE** Has this happened to any other resale buyers? Fidelity made it right!

The thing is reservation points can’t be converted back because a room is pulled for those equivalent points and sold for cash to pay for the exchange.

Sonce resale can’t access the DVc collection, those points can’t be sold with the contract. I get why MA wouldn’t give them.
DVC actually will use estimates of expected exchanges so it really isn't a thing that is tied to an individual occurrence - ie, when the exchange is made then that is when a room or two is pulled and rented for cash. The fact - they could have done this but elected not to. I don't disagree with the decision but also wouldn't have disagreed if they had.

Yes just to reiterate what I was told went wrong with the Disney side of it...and again this is what I was told and how I understood it:
Buyer puts up contract for sale
Buyer makes cruise reservation
Buyer gets my offer and cancels cruise
Points are put into holding
Sometime before closing Disney sends the points over to be verified
Whoever looks at the chart is confused as it is unclear...(unclear how I don't know)

That is why I was told Disney had some culpability in this situation. I'm assuming whatever Disney sent over had those reservation points in a column that the person checking had never seen before and assumed they were just regular points. Beyond that I have no clue what happened. I'm just glad I got properly compensated and can move on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter