• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrade an unused ticket - where?

Lisa24jks

DIS Veteran
I think I already know the answer to this, but since some of you have actually had to do it, I want to be sure…

I have unused Tier 6 park hopper ticket, because one of our group had to bail on the last trip due to illness. If I wanted to upgrade it to a 2 day ticket for a future trip (it expires Dec 2023 so plenty of time for that person or someone else to use it), then do I need to do it in person at the ticket booth and just pay the difference? Or can I do it over the phone?

It’s not a big deal if I need to go to the booths. I’ll be there next month, so I can handle it then if necessary. Just wanted to be sure this is the way.

ETA: it also currently has that person’s name on it, but it was bought under my account and paid with my credit card… I hope I don’t need to have her with me?

Thanks!

Different situation but when I had a ticket issue (pre-covid kids tickets expiring on the verge of expiring by the time the US-Canada border reopened), I was able to handle it over the phone, but it took a lot of pushing from me before they would agree to do it. They couldn’t just update the old ticket, though, apparently the system doesn’t allow that. They had me purchase my new ticket online while on the phone, give them the ticket information so they could confirm the purchase, and then processed a refund for my original ticket.

With the reservation system in place it made it hard to accept the “you have to upgrade at the ticket booth” answer, but they held to it for quite a while. I suspect that in most cases they wouldn’t budge, but if you have concerns about getting reservations when you use the ticket I think it’s fair to push back.

I was able to do it over the chat in the app in summer, so it is definitely still possble. Buy new ticket and they refund the old one.
Oh that’s interesting! I tried to do ours via chat but got nowhere, however that was in late 2021. The chat representative told me it was impossible to do, and just ignored my attempts to reason with them. Glad they’re a bit more flexible now.

We also have the expiring Canadian ticket deal. I talked to a CM on the phone a couple of months ago and they said that it would be no problem to update/upgrade our tickets. I will be doing this later this month for our trip in May 2023.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter