• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

US vs. IOA

CindyAnn

Crazy Canuck
I know a family that's heading down to Orlando in early January, and they have one day to devote to US/IOA. Their party consists of two parents, a 9yo DD and a 6yo DS. I would guess the children are about 52" and 45" tall (in case that might have a bearing) and not huge fans of serious thrill rides in any case.

Which park do you think would have more to offer?

I've read about a one day "hopper" pass to both parks, but the price quoted was about 50% higher than a regular one day pass. Would they actually be able to visit both parks in a day and still see a lot, or do you think they'd be better off sticking with one park?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tough call! But I'd say USF would likely be most fulfilling for their age group.

E.T., Kong, Men in Black, Jaws (maybe not for 6yo), Men in Black again, and a couple shows (Wild West & Beetlejuice) make for some good memories. Usually seems to be more and varied Characters wandering around USF too, IMO.

I forgot to mention the Nick Studios too!
Hope they have a great Universal experience!!
Jim

You were right about that one day "hopper", it was about 10 dollars cheaper than than the two day. NOT a good deal...

I agree with Jim about the Studios as the prime choice for this family. If the weather's right, they'll also enjoy the Curious George area and the Woody Woodpecker Nuthouse Coaster. My son, who is 8, also enjoyed Hanna Barbera and the various movie oriented rides. There are no "thrill" rides at Universal, but lots of fun nonetheless.

Hope they have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter