UT Rental Car Insurance

tlg588

Mouseketeer
If I book a car through UT using their prepay and bundle discount do I need to purchase LDW or is my credit card coverage still good? I noticed on my booking the Budget website doesn't show the credit card I used, but instead indicates a card that doesn't match any I own.

I would think that you have to show them and add your credit card to the account when you retrieve the car.

The rental is prepaid. When I show them my card it is probably to things like damage and not retuning the car with a full tank.
I’m thinking that technically maybe UT paid for the rental car not me. So my card might not cover the insurance since the car rental does appear to be charged directly to my card.

I wondered about that too. I think it would be a battle between you and your credit card company. You’d have to make a case to them you paid with your credit card for the rental. I elected to prepay fuel, so the card was associated with the rental. Unfortunately, we didn’t do as much driving as planned, so Budget came out ahead on that.

With all the traveling we’ve planned this year, we elected to get an annual travel insurance policy. Included with it was collision damage coverage to the rental car. I assume our personal auto insurance policy covers any liability issues with renting.

Theoretically your CC coverage should be good. But you're probably going to need the receipt from UT showing you paid for the rental with that card. Where it goes from there depends on the card issuer and the insurance they use. If they really get into it I believe they would have the right to deny based on you not being in compliance with the rental contract. I'm absolutely convinced that UT is booking these using a business code and not a leisure code. Whether any insurer is going to dig that far down, I would doubt it.

I'm absolutely convinced that UT is booking these using a business code and not a leisure code. Whether any insurer is going to dig that far down, I would doubt it.
I suspect the UT rental is intended as part of a vacation package, including hotel and maybbe even air. Frequently the cost of individual elements aren't itemized. Costco has some Hawaii package. You don't know how much of the deal is good hotel rates vs good car rental rates i doubt the rrental contract code is intended to be bundled with a soda at a movie theater

If I book a car through UT using their prepay and bundle discount do I need to purchase LDW or is my credit card coverage still good? I noticed on my booking the Budget website doesn't show the credit card I used, but instead indicates a card that doesn't match any I own.
have you picked up car yet? If so, what did you end up doing with respect to the insurance? Thanks!

have you picked up car yet? If so, what did you end up doing with respect to the insurance? Thanks!
No issues at all. They did ask about insurance but no pressure to upsell. Ot was with Budget. Booked a standard, got a Camry.

I just did the normal procedure when picking up the car and made sure to give the counter agent the same CC I used at UT to use for the hold. Don’t know if that would have made a difference. Luckily I didn’t have an incident so I don’t know if the CC would have covered it our not.

Booked a standard with Avis, got a Prius. Didn’t seem standard size to me.

I just did the normal procedure when picking up the car and made sure to give the counter agent the same CC I used at UT to use for the hold. Don’t know if that would have made a difference. Luckily I didn’t have an incident so I don’t know if the CC would have covered it our not.

Booked a standard with Avis, got a Prius. Didn’t seem standard size to me.
Ok, Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter