• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uzima and Maji Pool Bars - DDP?

I think they are going to make it as hard as they can to get an alcoholic drink with a CS credit. If you plan on getting that burger at the bar for like what $12 and then a Banana Cabana drink for $10.50, they are gonna make you pony up two credits for it. They really don't want the guest to maximize the plans with them ordering alcoholic drinks. I just don't think the Dining Plans are selling as well now and they are desperate by adding the alcohol to them, just hoping most guest won't utilize that feature.

Never have you had to use TWO QS credits for a meal; that's not going to happen. If you'll look in the ACTUAL EXPERIENCES thread, you'll see that some people have gotten food and alcoholic drinks at some of the resort pool bars. If the AKL pool bars have regular food, my guess is they also will allow you to use a QS credit to get an entrée and alcoholic drink, BUT they may limit which drinks you can get.

Okay, I am back and part of my group did lunch at the Kidani pool bar on our last day staying there. They were able to order the hot dog, turkey sandwich, hummus plate and chicken salad and use 1 QS credit each. They all also got an alcoholic beverage as part of their meal (I think 3 got Froze and one got a beer but I am not entirely sure).

We are here right now. We used QS credits for the tandoori chicken salad and hot dogs but they weren’t great (cold, grab and go). We were able to get cocktails and frozen drinks though and the pina colava was delicious! But I doubt I’ll get any other QS there.

Okay, I am back and part of my group did lunch at the Kidani pool bar on our last day staying there. They were able to order the hot dog, turkey sandwich, hummus plate and chicken salad and use 1 QS credit each. They all also got an alcoholic beverage as part of their meal (I think 3 got Froze and one got a beer but I am not entirely sure).

We are here right now. We used QS credits for the tandoori chicken salad and hot dogs but they weren’t great (cold, grab and go). We were able to get cocktails and frozen drinks though and the pina colava was delicious! But I doubt I’ll get any other QS there.
Thanks for reporting back! That makes sense - grab and go included in QS. Full menu, not included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter