Validating Canadians tickets?

As other have pointed out, a passport is actually not proof of residency, but rather proves citizenship. We have US passports and Canadian PR cards because we are citizens of the US and permanent residents of Canada.

Has anyone had any trouble using a PR card to validate the discounted Canadian Resident tickets?

As other have pointed out, a passport is actually not proof of residency, but rather proves citizenship. We have US passports and Canadian PR cards because we are citizens of the US and permanent residents of Canada.

Has anyone had any trouble using a PR card to validate the discounted Canadian Resident tickets?
A valid canadian driver's license should work since it has your address on it.

Activated our tickets at Disney Springs on Dec 29th and they asked for all our passports. We had them so I didn’t asked to use our Nexus or driver licenses.

I just read through this thread and it seems like 90% of the posts are related to Disneyworld, not Disneyland.

Last night I just purchased Disneyland Parkhoppers Canadian Resident promo from Disney's website. Received the eTickets immediately. They're auto loaded to my Disneyland App.
The ticket says I don't need to go to the ticket booth, just go directly to the entry etc. The fine print says stuff about needing Canadian gov't issued photo ID.

So, do we need to validate those tickets somewhere beforehand? We want to go rope drop on the first morning we're there (arrive night before and stay at Paradise Pier).
There is no mention of the validation process on the ticket so I would assume we could just line up like everyone else and maybe the person scanning the tickets would look at our ID then?
It would certainly be a surprise to anyone not on these forums if they were turned away at the turnstiles and sent to get validated elsewhere.

Thank You

I just read through this thread and it seems like 90% of the posts are related to Disneyworld, not Disneyland.

Last night I just purchased Disneyland Parkhoppers Canadian Resident promo from Disney's website. Received the eTickets immediately. They're auto loaded to my Disneyland App.
The ticket says I don't need to go to the ticket booth, just go directly to the entry etc. The fine print says stuff about needing Canadian gov't issued photo ID.

So, do we need to validate those tickets somewhere beforehand? We want to go rope drop on the first morning we're there (arrive night before and stay at Paradise Pier).
There is no mention of the validation process on the ticket so I would assume we could just line up like everyone else and maybe the person scanning the tickets would look at our ID then?
It would certainly be a surprise to anyone not on these forums if they were turned away at the turnstiles and sent to get validated elsewhere.

Thank You

You will need to show proper ID at the turnstiles. We showed our Nexus cards and the whole process took less than 5 minutes when we went to DLR in April with Canadian tickets redeemed from Airmiles. Process was so much smoother than at WDW and we were able to purchase Maxipass as soon as we entered Disneyland.

I'm in the same boat as you, US citizen, Canadian PR! I actually had a Disney CM argue with me over the phone about whether I was a Canadian resident or not! She kept telling me I had to be a Canadian citizen even though it clearly says Canadian resident and she did not understand the difference! And what about my SIL who is a Canadian citizen but a US resident?? Anyways, sorry, I can't answer your question because I ended up getting an annual pass since we had 2 trips planned within one year and just my DH and the kids had the Canadian resident tickets and they're all Canadian citizens so we just showed their passports. I mean, a PR card should absolutely be accepted as proof of residency but if you get a CM who doesn't understand the difference, it might be a hassle!

Did you need a passport for beer? I’d hate to have to take my passport to the parks. Esp. After my (adult)daughters purse flew out of Space Mountain car! And it was the last ride of our last night. Flight next day. I guess it does depend on how picky CM wants to be. Leaving for DL Friday with Canadian ticket offer. My plan is to use my DL and have passport photo on my phone. But I don’t think you need passport, offer just says Canadian resident. I’ll see I guess!

I have to carry my passport all the time at the parks, that is if I want alcohol. It is pretty annoying some staff will take the picture and some won't. I guess I should be grateful as I look young but last trip they sold the drink they wouldn't sell me to my 22 year old kid.

I have to carry my passport all the time at the parks, that is if I want alcohol. It is pretty annoying some staff will take the picture and some won't. I guess I should be grateful as I look young but last trip they sold the drink they wouldn't sell me to my 22 year old kid.

We were at WDW Dec29-Jan4 and we were never asked for ID when buying alcohol. I had our Nexus cards on me so it would not have been an issue but I was surprised we were never asked, at QS or TS.

We were at WDW Dec29-Jan4 and we were never asked for ID when buying alcohol. I had our Nexus cards on me so it would not have been an issue but I was surprised we were never asked, at QS or TS.

We usually go during food and wine so they may be more diligent then, This year we are going in April so we will see if it is different.

My memory is really bad. I've been to Disneyland quite a few times in the last 10 years but can't remember this step.

I go to the turnstiles with my Canadian Resident eTickets. They check my Nexus or Driver's License (guess Nexus for the kids) photo and let me through.
Do they take a photo of us right there and issue us a hard plastic card ticket or do we just get verified and continue to use my eTicket on my iPhone?
I would prefer a hard plastic ticket for each of us because only I have the eTickets on my phone. What if we want to split up?

On that note, is it possible to 'share' the eTickets and allow both parents and/or kids to have eTickets on their phone too?
Currently I'm the only one that shows the tickets on the phone app.

Thanks

On that note, is it possible to 'share' the eTickets and allow both parents and/or kids to have eTickets on their phone too?

I'm wondering the same thing. I have our disneyland tickets showing up in my account and am wondering if Hubby needs to have the Disneyland app on his phone as well? I'm normally the one looking after the planning and he hates to have to use his phone on vacation. At WDW, I just manage our FPs from the WDW app and everything I do for him just shows up on his Magicband.

My wife has the app loaded, her own Disney login, but doesn’t see the etickets. She’s setup as a member of my family (and administrator or whatever the term is) from our trip to Disneyworld about 3 years ago.

So how do we get eTickets in her phone? Actually, more importantly do we get hard plastic tix when we enter the park the first day? Otherwise I can’t see any way for my kids to go on rides without my phone. Certainly that can’t be the only way.

Thanks

I’m a Cdn citizen and hubby’s a US citizen with Cdn PR. We had no problems using is PR card at Hollywood Studios Guest Relations to activate his Cdn resident tickets in 2017.

My memory is really bad. I've been to Disneyland quite a few times in the last 10 years but can't remember this step.

I go to the turnstiles with my Canadian Resident eTickets. They check my Nexus or Driver's License (guess Nexus for the kids) photo and let me through.
Do they take a photo of us right there and issue us a hard plastic card ticket or do we just get verified and continue to use my eTicket on my iPhone?
I would prefer a hard plastic ticket for each of us because only I have the eTickets on my phone. What if we want to split up?

Thanks

You get your photo taken and they print out a "cardstock" ticket for you right then and there. For Disneyland you have to scan the tickets into all the apps you want to use them on. Tickets can be linked to as many accounts as you want or you can use the same login on multiple apps - either way works.

I'm wondering the same thing. I have our disneyland tickets showing up in my account and am wondering if Hubby needs to have the Disneyland app on his phone as well? I'm normally the one looking after the planning and he hates to have to use his phone on vacation. At WDW, I just manage our FPs from the WDW app and everything I do for him just shows up on his Magicband.

He can have the app on his phone but he doesn't need it. My husband has it but I do 99% of the MaxPass bookings

My wife has the app loaded, her own Disney login, but doesn’t see the etickets. She’s setup as a member of my family (and administrator or whatever the term is) from our trip to Disneyworld about 3 years ago.

So how do we get eTickets in her phone? Actually, more importantly do we get hard plastic tix when we enter the park the first day? Otherwise I can’t see any way for my kids to go on rides without my phone. Certainly that can’t be the only way.

Thanks

For Disneyland you have to scan them onto each account you want to see them on and you get "paper" (actually Tyvex I think) tickets at the gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter