VDH Opening

If you can handle Texas and Florida weather, then our weather should be pretty pleasant in March 😅 Unless it rains… every day spent in Orlando make me thankful for our beautiful weather in SoCal 🤣
I'm actually worried about it being chilly. I know that it can be in March sometimes. Heat is no problem for us. Although, it can sometimes be chilly in Orlando and Texas in March too.

I know it’s only been a couple of hours, but has anyone seen actual reservations or points for rent yet? Just curious is the rumors around $30pp rental rates came to fruition!

Just booked two stays. After trying for about half an hour I got into the queue at 9:55 Eastern. On hold for about 55 mins.

November 10-14 in a 1 bedoom

Feb 23-26 in a 1 bedroom

I tried to get a 1 bedroom for President's Day Weekend Feb 16-19 but they were all gone.

While making the first reservation, the CM put me on hold for several minutes. But the second reservation was completed very quickly.

Last edited:
Just booked two stays. After trying for about half an hour I got into the queue at 9:55 Eastern. On hold for about 55 mins.

November 10-14 in a 1 bedoom

Feb 23-26 in a 1 bedroom

I tried to get a 1 bedroom for President's Day Weekend Feb 16-19 but they were all gone.

While making the first reservation, the CM put me on hold for several minutes. But the second reservation was completed very quickly.
It seems they didn’t declare a lot of inventory. Given magical beginnings for UY23 and the inventory they left for themselves, they clearly want to milk the cash reservations for as much as they can.

Hmm. I'm on hold as I type. The CM is telling me that she thinks add-on contracts won't be able to book until tomorrow. But they're double checking. Fingers crossed. Does that make sense-- aren't we all "add-on" contracts? It's my first direct purchase

This makes no sense whatsoever. You are correct that currently all owners at VDH have purchased add-on contracts.
Well, if the VDH contract is in a different UY from the member’s other contract(s), then technically the VDH contract is a new membership, not an add-on to a pre-existing membership. I’m glad to have read above that they figured it out and allowed y’all to book!

Oh if that’s the case, I will definitely select December if the 2023 dues are lower. We’re not planning to go until February 2024 so we should be ok with no points until December 2023.
Not sure if you're already an owner or not, but use year matters so much long-term that I definitely would not base your decision on which use year to buy based on pro-rated dues. You need to base it on your vacation patterns and when you could maximize points from a trip you had to cancel (especially if it goes into holding).

Imagine selling a $31,000 timeshare to someone and then having them not be able to book on opening day because you haven't adequately staffed your phone lines. Disgraceful.
I wish not to be reminded how much I dropped for my purchase. 😅🤣

I think most of us eventually booked and got what we wanted other than those looking for Rundisney days. It’s very Disney for everyone to try to book all at the same time. Every time Magic Key drops people wait online for like 8+ hours. I booked my Oogie Boogie stay but still need to score the tickets.

Haven't gotten our contracts yet. So to confirm, if we are opting into Magical Beginnings we should be getting 2 Docusign documents for each contract -- one for the standard DVC purchase and the other one for Magical Beginnings?

And BTW, my guide also said that MB is an all-points-or-none option for me (bought 150 pts total in divided contracts)
I split my 160 point purchase into two 80 point contracts. I received two docusigns. Within the docusign for each contract there was a contract page for magical beginnings at the very end. If your docs don't include that, I would check with the contracts team/your guide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter