VDH Opening

One of the questions I have is when the fall/winter cash room discounts open up, will these rooms be included? It sounds like point-use inventory will be booked up quickly since not much has been declared, but I'd give it a shot at a MK discount of 25% off cash rates if I can't book a room with my non-VDH direct points.

One of the questions I have is when the fall/winter cash room discounts open up, will these rooms be included? It sounds like point-use inventory will be booked up quickly since not much has been declared, but I'd give it a shot at a MK discount of 25% off cash rates if I can't book a room with my non-VDH direct points.
There's a bunch of unknowns here, but I'm leaning toward the VDH rooms (or at least Duos/Studios) being included in the discounts.

Reasons against including:
  • It's unlikely they're targeting 100% occupancy this fall for two reasons:
    • Never open at 100%...get operationally proficient at a reduced load then gradually add inventory.
    • If they underestimated sales and had to declare more than expected, they'd have to cancel cash bookings if they were truly at 100%. So cash inventory is smaller than it could be.
  • With the above in mind, they might already be pretty comfortable with the booking volume, even if there's available inventory. Or the available inventory is minimal.
  • Maybe some anti-'devaluing' mindset? Possible but misguided, in my opinion

Reasons for including:
  • If it's posted availability, they want to fill it. Might need discounts to get it over the line.
    • Variation of this, discounts might be needed to fill the smaller 1-night and 2-night gaps.
  • DVC sales, and therefore declarations, might be slower than expected and they'll have a need to fill more cash rooms.
  • Alternatively, DVC sales were left with plenty of buffer/margin in case sales were really strong. So even if sales are inline with mid-level expectations, they'll have rooms to add to the cash side as they get more confident DVC sales are in the middle of expectations.
  • Because they're aren't opening at 100% and sales are fuzzy until they happen, and the buffers required to allow those, these rooms have a higher likelihood of being added into inventory late as the tower demonstrates competency and sales/declarations become clear. Late additions to inventory are helped by discounts.

Hi all! Quick question regarding contracts at VDH.

I purchased BCV Direct over 10 years ago (I remember thinking $100/pt was a lot…how times have changed). We bought 300 points but because BCV was sold out, my guide cobbled together five contracts for me to get me to 300 (largest is 95 points, smallest is 25 points). Over the last decade I’ve never once thought about adding on so I’ve never put any thought behind contract size except that I knew those small BCV contracts are super desireable on the resale market. Haven’t sold yet.

I told myself we weren’t going to buy into VDH but we do live in WA. While having family on the East Coast means we have reasons to go to WDW, more frequent trips to DLR would be nice. I’m considering adding on 150 points. Questions regarding contract sizes:
  • Can we literally pick any contract sizes? I could buy one 150pt or three 50pt contracts? I didn’t get a choice last time since I was buying contracts that DVC had already ROFR’d.
  • Knowing from BCV that small contracts are desirable in resale, what’s the downside to purchasing multiple small contracts rather than one big one? Is there a per-contract fee or something that makes buying a lump sum amount cheaper? If not, it would seem three 50pt contracts or two 75pt contracts would be ideal.
I’m likely going to stick to my current Dec UY. Appreciate any thoughts!

I purchased BCV Direct over 10 years ago (I remember thinking $100/pt was a lot…how times have changed). We bought 300 points but because BCV was sold out, my guide cobbled together five contracts for me to get me to 300 (largest is 95 points, smallest is 25 points). Over the last decade I’ve never once thought about adding on so I’ve never put any thought behind contract size except that I knew those small BCV contracts are super desireable on the resale market. Haven’t sold yet.

I told myself we weren’t going to buy into VDH but we do live in WA. While having family on the East Coast means we have reasons to go to WDW, more frequent trips to DLR would be nice. I’m considering adding on 150 points. Questions regarding contract sizes:
  • Can we literally pick any contract sizes? I could buy one 150pt or three 50pt contracts? I didn’t get a choice last time since I was buying contracts that DVC had already ROFR’d.
  • Knowing from BCV that small contracts are desirable in resale, what’s the downside to purchasing multiple small contracts rather than one big one? Is there a per-contract fee or something that makes buying a lump sum amount cheaper? If not, it would seem three 50pt contracts or two 75pt contracts would be ideal.
Great news! I believe the only downside is that you would have to pay closing costs for each contract. Here in California closing costs are about $400, so that would be $800 in total closing costs for 2 contracts or $1200 for 3.

150 points is a great number. Your qualify for the $20/point incentive and could also opt for another $22/point savings if you do Magical Beginnings!

When did people’s points show up? We got 75x2 and one contract showed up before we even docusigned! One is still missing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Contract .3 Aulani (last resale)
Contract .4 VDH 75 points missing
Contract .5 VDH 75 points

I figured i’ll give it a few days then buzz my guide if necessary though they’re going to be quite busy next week. It is bizarre because my list of points goes from .3 to .5

Welcome home! We became DVC direct members at VDH this morning! Had a call with our guide and was able to book a room 1-1/2 hours afterwards. We booked for Dec. 6-8 in a garden studio with a balcony. We wanted a 1-bedroom, but those were gone and we were told we got the last studio. So, we are waitlisted for the 1-bedroom and will hope it comes through. So excited!

Welcome home! We became DVC direct members at VDH this morning! Had a call with our guide and was able to book a room 1-1/2 hours afterwards. We booked for Dec. 6-8 in a garden studio with a balcony. We wanted a 1-bedroom, but those were gone and we were told we got the last studio. So, we are waitlisted for the 1-bedroom and will hope it comes through. So excited!
YAY! Welcome home again, neighbor! :-). I would love to try a garden studio sometime - I might actually use the pool. Haha. Hooray for one of the few balconies. Have a wonderful time. Here's hoping your waitlist comes through but a solid backup plan!

As long as you are adding on with the same UY and same owners, you can pick contract size for VDH...smallest they will allow, I believe, is 50..

If it is a different UY, it is considered a new membership and you must keep one contract at least 100 points but the others can be whatever size you want...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter