• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VDH Unit and Sales Tracker

Small update, the OC RecorderWorks site (https://cr.ocgov.com/recorderworks/) is posting VDH contracts! I have a long day of meetings so I won't be able to dig into it until tonight, but I'll try to figure out a way to semi-automate grabbing the (very limited) data and seeing what we can learn from it.

I guess we learned that DVC has been selling some VGC after all 🙃
Turns out these were contracts going back to DVD 🙃 🙃

Back to VDH. An ask to anyone who wishes to participate: if you're able to look up your contract (it's probably not there yet) and post what your Transfer Tax Amount is and the number of points you bought, that would be appreciated for efforts for extrapolating how many points are in a contract listed on the RecorderWorks site. If you're concerned about this being PII (it potentially is if you have a unique Unit+Tax combo), then don't share.

Small update, the OC RecorderWorks site (https://cr.ocgov.com/recorderworks/) is posting VDH contracts! I have a long day of meetings so I won't be able to dig into it until tonight, but I'll try to figure out a way to semi-automate grabbing the (very limited) data and seeing what we can learn from it.

Turns out these were contracts going back to DVD 🙃 🙃

Back to VDH. An ask to anyone who wishes to participate: if you're able to look up your contract (it's probably not there yet) and post what your Transfer Tax Amount is and the number of points you bought, that would be appreciated for efforts for extrapolating how many points are in a contract listed on the RecorderWorks site. If you're concerned about this being PII (it potentially is if you have a unique Unit+Tax combo), then don't share.
You might be able to figure out the points currently based on the transfer tax. I believe since the DVC discount is a down payment the transfer tax is based on X * 230 * Y = Transfer tax where X is the number of points and Y is the transfer tax rate.

At least for Florida DVCs the transfer tax I’m pretty sure is on the full amount.

Okay, updated the first post and I've made pretty good progress with the OC RecorderWorks site.

I've built a script that scrubs search results and grabs the document number, date recorded, tax, and unit and puts it into a spreadsheet. I've corrected for OCR issues with the Unit number (e.g., replacing "18" with "1B" and "IC" with "1C"). And I think I've already figured out the tax to points relationship, though it has some rounding imperfections as tax is recorded to the nearest $0.05, not nearest $0.01 (and some other minor weirdness).

Approximate points recorded so far: 17,225.

1B, 1C, 1H, and 1J are the only Units recorded so far
  • 1B at ~5521pts
  • 1C at ~6982pts
  • 1H at ~3704pts
  • 1J at ~1017pts
Biggest contract so far is 500 points.

I have some friends who were day 1 buyers and their names have not shown up yet, so there might be a backlog of sorts.

With the above in mind and based on what we've seen in UYs so far, I no longer need this data from submissions.

In fact, at this point I probably only need Unit, points, and share numbers so each Unit can be sized.

I'm working on updating the first two posts.

Last edited:

Updated!

@Dobermanns and @BrianLo, looks like your Unit 1C points/% share are pretty far apart.

BrianLo -- 50 -- 1C -- 0.1568% -- 5/2/2023 -- Dec UY:
Works out to 31,888 ± 10 points in the Unit

Dobermanns -- 100 — 1C — 0.2092% — 5/2/23 — Aug
Works out to 47,801 ± 11 points in the Unit

Do you both mind double checking your points/%?

Lol, I'm dumb. I bought 75 points.

Points recorded as of 5/16/23: ~17,225
  • 149 contracts recorded
  • 116pt average contract size
  • 500pt is largest contract

Total range of points sold: ~100,645 - 355,922 ± 49

Percentage of total resort points in sold out or 'actively sold' Units: 10.93%
(355,922 / 3,255,992)

Units likely sold out: 1B, maybe 1C

Units sold in the last week: 1C, 1D, 1F, 1H, 1J

Unit details:

• Unit 1B
    • 45,372 ± 3 points
    • Sold between: 5/2/23 - ?
    • UY observed:
      • Feb UY
      • Aug UY
    • Points sold per day: [More data needed]
  • Unit 1C
    • 47,809 ± 4 points
    • Sold between: 5/2/23 - 5/10/23 - ?
    • UY observed:
      • June UY
      • Aug UY
      • Dec UY
  • Unit 1D
    • 69,126 ± 6 points
    • Sold between: ? - 5/5/23 - 5/10/23 - ?
    • UY observed:
      • Apr UY
      • Aug UY
  • Unit 1F
    • 78,125 ± 17 points
    • Sold between: ? - 5/11/23 - 5/16/23 - ?
    • UY observed:
      • Feb UY
      • Apr UY
      • June UY
  • Unit 1H
    • 56,513 points ± 16 points
    • Sold between: ? - 5/3/23 - 5/9/23 - ?
    • UY observed:
      • Feb UY
      • Aug UY
      • Dec UY
  • Unit 1J
    • 58,977 ± 3 points
    • Sold between: ? - 5/4/23 - 5/10/23 - ?
    • UY observed:
      • Feb UY
      • Mar UY
      • June UY
      • Dec UY
I would like to go on record and say you are amazing for doing this! Thank you

Okay, updated the first post and I've made pretty good progress with the OC RecorderWorks site.

I've built a script that scrubs search results and grabs the document number, date recorded, tax, and unit and puts it into a spreadsheet. I've corrected for OCR issues with the Unit number (e.g., replacing "18" with "1B" and "IC" with "1C"). And I think I've already figured out the tax to points relationship, though it has some rounding imperfections as tax is recorded to the nearest $0.05, not nearest $0.01 (and some other minor weirdness).

Approximate points recorded so far: 17,225.

1B, 1C, 1H, and 1J are the only Units recorded so far
  • 1B at ~5521pts
  • 1C at ~6982pts
  • 1H at ~3704pts
  • 1J at ~1017pts
Biggest contract so far is 500 points.

I have some friends who were day 1 buyers and their names have not shown up yet, so there might be a backlog of sorts.
Day one buyer and our name is not showing yet

I think knowing what percentage of the property has been declared, and how many Units comprise that percentage is vital. Also, a copy of the condo plan defining what comprises each Unit.
Do you know where a condo plan might be available?

Do you know where a condo plan might be available?
I know someone recently pulled up the floor plans with unit designations for VGC, but I don't remember the thread. If you can find that conversation, you might be able to suss out where the floor plans came from. Not sure if it was from the recorder's office or not. It also might be in the POS.

Reactions: ehh
I know someone recently pulled up the floor plans with unit designations for VGC, but I don't remember the thread. If you can find that conversation, you might be able to suss out where the floor plans came from. Not sure if it was from the recorder's office or not. It also might be in the POS.
Found it in the POS, or at least Phase 1 plus hints about the upcoming phases. Pages 95 - 124.

Floor 1
  • Unit 1A
    • 2 Garden Duos
    • 2 Garden Studios
  • Unit 1B
    • 1 Duo (likely Standard View)
    • 5 Studios (all likely Standard View)
  • Proposed Phase 21
    • 2 Studios (likely SV)

Floor 2
  • Unit 1C
    • 4 Studios (likely Preferred View)
    • 1 Dedicated 1-Bedroom
      • Balcony is 6.3' by 13.6'
  • Unit 1D
    • 1 Duo (likely SV)
    • 8 Studios (all likely Standard View)
  • Proposed Phase 15
    • Remaining 2 Garden Duos
    • 1 Garden Studio
  • Proposed Phase 16
    • Final Garden Studio
  • 3 Studios that were on the prior floor plans and now the area is labeled "NOT A PART"
    • This includes the "door to nowhere" Studio
  • 1 Duo that was on the prior floor plans and now the area is labeled "NOT A PART"

Floor 3
  • Unit 1E
    • 2 Duos (likely Standard View)
      • One of them appears to have a balcony labeled "B-1E"
    • 10 Studios (likely SV)
  • Unit 1F
    • 1 Duo (likely PV)
      • Appears to have a balcony labeled "B-1F-B"
    • 6 Studios (likely PV)
    • 1 2-Bedroom Lock-off
  • Unit 1G
    • 7 Studios (likely PV)
    • 1 2-Bedroom Dedicated
  • Unit 1H
    • 4 Studios (likely PV)
    • 1 2-Bedroom Dedicated
  • Proposed Phase 21
    • 2 Studios (likely PV)
    • 2 2-Bedroom Lock-off

Floor 4
  • Unit 1I (i not L)
    • 1 Duo (likely Preferred View)
      • Appears to have a balcony labeled "B-1I"
    • 2 Studios (likely PV)
  • Proposed Phase 2
    • 2 Duos (likely SV)
    • 4 Studios (likely SV)
    • 2 2-Bedroom Dedicated
    • 3 2-Bedroom Lock-offs
  • Proposed Phase 3
    • 6 Studios (likely SV)
    • 13 Studios (likely PV)
  • Proposed Phase 4
    • 4 Studios (likely PV)

Floor 9
  • Unit 1J
    • 1 Grand Villa (first floor)
  • Proposed Phase 13
    • 8 Studios (likely PV)
    • 2 2-Bedroom Dedicated
  • Proposed Phase 14
    • 1 Duo (likely SV)
    • 2 Studios (likely SV)
    • 3 Duos (likely PV)
    • 6 Studios (likely PV)
  • Proposed Phase 4
    • 4 Studios (likely PV)

Floor 10
  • Unit 1J
    • 1 Grand Villa (second floor of the one on Floor 9)
  • Proposed Phase 15
    • 1 Duo (likely SV)
    • 3 Studios (likely SV)
    • 3 Duos (likely PV)
    • 8 Studios (likely PV)
      • Includes space for a Studio that was not part of prior floor plans)
  • Proposed Phase 16
    • 8 Studios (likely PV)
    • 2 2-Bedroom Dedicated

Also, an additional 95 contracts were recorded on 5/17 on OCRW, total now up to ~30,075 points. New largest contract is 800 points.

Unfortunately OCRW's site did not post Unit numbers for 4 of the deeds, just posted "1". I suppose I could buy the pages to fill the gap, but I won't (they don't even take online payment!).

Last edited:
Found it in the POS, or at least Phase 1 plus hints about the upcoming phases. Pages 95 - 124.

Floor 1
  • Unit 1A
    • 2 Garden Duos
    • 2 Garden Studios
I had actually guessed in another conversation that they weren’t simply holding back 1A, but that it was likely the units on the pool deck, possibly to use them as models, or some other reason.

100 pt -- 1J -- 0.1696% -- 5/12/23 -- Aug UY
100 pt -- 1J -- 0.1696% -- 5/12/23 -- Aug UY

Reactions: ehh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter