Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Is there any way to get in touch with Chef TJ about his schedule and availability? I don't want to go there and not get him (not that the others are bad, just not as good).

I had his business card, but i never get a response :(

Any tips?

They don't even have a thing to mark for vegan and vegetarian. You can just go there and let them know.

The one thing I ever contacted them about was asking if any place had real maple syrup. Two places were able to provide it; Kona and Hollywood and Vine. Made DS so happy. But he's so used to butter and powdered sugar on pancakes now it was tooth sugar, and we don't bother with it anymore.
Thank you.

I am looking for Quick Service recommendations at DTD and the resorts on the Monorail line. I love the flatbread everywhere, but it is...everywhere and I am really looking for something new. To complicate things, I cannot have soy, which eliminates a number of options. I am also what my hubby calls a "fussy vegetarian" because I sincerely dislike mushrooms & green peppers. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I need help breaking out of my vegetarian quick service eat at same restaurant because I know I can eat something other than a veggie burger, cheese pizza or pasta. Both DD12 and I are vegetarians. Example - at Epcot when in FW always order without fail the kids meal veggie flatbread pizza at Electric Umbrella. Is it awesomely delicious - not really but it is something we both eat plus we can get healthy sides so we order it because it's easy and convenient and I don't have to research the menu in advance.

Epcot, World Showcase - Tangierine Cafe - plenty of vegetarian and vegan option - falafels were very well liked by my family, and there are plenty of other options.

Japan counter service - of course, sushi, edamame (I do have to say that my daughter was surprised that they were served cold, which is not the norm), sushi, etc

The one thing I ever contacted them about was asking if any place had real maple syrup. Two places were able to provide it; Kona and Hollywood and Vine.

My daughter had an excellent walk-through at Crystal Palace breakfast - and was provided with her own bowl of real, pure maple syrup.

I am looking for Quick Service recommendations at DTD and the resorts on the Monorail line. I love the flatbread everywhere, but it is...everywhere and I am really looking for something new. To complicate things, I cannot have soy, which eliminates a number of options. I am also what my hubby calls a "fussy vegetarian" because I sincerely dislike mushrooms & green peppers. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Babycakes is in DTD (which is a vegan bakery) and so if your cool with cupcakes for dinner that's an awesome option. There is a veggie sandwich at earl of sandwich but I think I remember it being either mushroom or pepper based (as most veggie sandwiches are). TBH there aren't many QS options at DTD right now for anyone.

In terms of monorail resorts Contempo Cafe tends to be good as does Captain Cooks. Captain Cooks has a grown up grilled cheese that is really good. Contempo cafe tends more towards the "healthy" side and has some good salads.

Hi,
I am a new vegan. I made our table service reservations 120 day ago with out any notes or request. (cause BigMomma was a meat eater) I was just looking at the WDW site and found:
Most restaurants offer no-sugar-added, low-fat, low-sodium and vegetarian options. Advance arrangements are not necessary for guests with lifestyle dietary requests. Guests can discuss any dietary requests with their server upon arrival.

Is that true? I thought I would have to call and say, No meat, No eggs, No milk, low fat.

That has been my experience - 2 trips ago I called in advance (main Disney line) to say I was vegetarian, they said no need to call ahead, but they'd make a note of it. This last trip in May 2015, I didn't call anywhere in advance, and they all seemed to know that someone in our party had a "special dietary need" and asked when I checked in at the restaurant. It was quite simple, there must be a note in my MDE somewhere.

That has been my experience - 2 trips ago I called in advance (main Disney line) to say I was vegetarian, they said no need to call ahead, but they'd make a note of it. This last trip in May 2015, I didn't call anywhere in advance, and they all seemed to know that someone in our party had a "special dietary need" and asked when I checked in at the restaurant. It was quite simple, there must be a note in my MDE somewhere.
The only time that we've ever called ahead and had Vegan noted for a meal was at Hoop De Doo. And they did not disappoint with their grilled portabella and veggies.

Thank you. Being on DDP, I was hoping that it would not be to hard.:)
The only time that we've ever called ahead and had Vegan noted for a meal was at Hoop De Doo. And they did not disappoint with their grilled portabella and veggies.
We are going to the Hoop De Doo. I will call about that one. Thanks :)

Thank you. Being on DDP, I was hoping that it would not be to hard.:)

We are going to the Hoop De Doo. I will call about that one. Thanks :)
Depending what day of the week your doing hoop de doo they share the regular trails end kitchen you could get chef tj!!! he is the best for vegans hes off fri-sun im pretty sure but if your going during the week before friday call ahead and see if hes there

Depending what day of the week your doing hoop de doo they share the regular trails end kitchen you could get chef tj!!! he is the best for vegans hes off fri-sun im pretty sure but if your going during the week before friday call ahead and see if hes there
Great, we are going on a Tuesday. Thanks you so much for the idea. :wave:

my pinterest has quite a few tips pinterest.com/sarajeni
Wanted to add- I am not a health vegan Im an ethical vegan so some meals on my boards wont be healthy , some might be but as long as i hit my ADRs i really dont pay attention to things like HFCS or sugar content or things like that #sorrynotsorry lol

Last edited:
Out of sheer curiosity, has anyone ever had a vegan dinner at Victoria and Albert's? Even just a vegetarian meal there would be neat to see.

Out of sheer curiosity, has anyone ever had a vegan dinner at Victoria and Albert's? Even just a vegetarian meal there would be neat to see.

Yes - I had a vegan 11-course dinner last November! Overall, it was a nice meal. DBF posted all the pictures of the dishes on the Veg Disney group on FB (if you're a member, I can send you the link to view them :) ).

Yay thank you!! I was really just curious but now I'm starting to want to eat there someday haha

Yes - I had a vegan 11-course dinner last November! Overall, it was a nice meal. DBF posted all the pictures of the dishes on the Veg Disney group on FB (if you're a member, I can send you the link to view them :) ).

Yes, I just joined! I didn't know it existed so thank you :)

I did a search but nothing came up so sorry if this has been discussed before. Is it possible to get the croque monsieur at BOG without the ham? I just pre-ordered and only saw an options for the cheese, not removing the ham. I've ordered the quiche but I would much prefer a ham-less croque monsieur!

Does anyone have any experience with dinner at Ohana? We have never eaten there and our family is vegetarian, but we are traveling with my parents and sister and BIL who are all not vegetarian, and they really want to eat there. Are the noodles vegetarian? I think I remember seeing on here that they offer something else too in place of the meat? I see that it says on some menu listings there are kid's options, does anyone know what they are (if they are vegetarian...or probably they are chicken nuggets or something).

Does anyone have any experience with dinner at Ohana? We have never eaten there and our family is vegetarian, but we are traveling with my parents and sister and BIL who are all not vegetarian, and they really want to eat there. Are the noodles vegetarian? I think I remember seeing on here that they offer something else too in place of the meat? I see that it says on some menu listings there are kid's options, does anyone know what they are (if they are vegetarian...or probably they are chicken nuggets or something).

The last time we went, we were told that the noodles and salad were vegan. They also brought out a huge veggie and tofu stir fry. My daughter and I loved it. I seem to remember kids at a different table eating macaroni and cheese, but I'm not positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter