Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Found pic of one of my plates. Don't remember what anything is but I remember loving it.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    482.6 KB · Views: 37
My extended family (meat eaters) want to do Garden Grill and Biergarten, but we said we'd probably pass on those and go somewhere else since they don't look very vegetarian friendly. Anyone have any experience with those two? They don't seem worth the price for vegetarians (just based on looking at the online menus).

Also is there anywhere that has bean burritos on property? My son is a bean burrito junkie (it is usually all he eats in Disneyland), but I can't find any so far :(

Biergarten was actually pretty good the last time I went. The chef walked me through the buffet and showed me everything that was vegetarian, which was more than I was expecting. He also brought me my own cheese plate because the cheese up on the buffet is on the same plate as some meats, and he made me my own brussel sprouts because the ones up on the buffet have bacon (or something?) in them.

The new Pecos Bill menu basically has a veggie burrito bowl with rice, black beans and zucchini that you can add guac, cheese, sour cream and so on from the fixins bar, but not a rolled up burrito. The last time I ate at San Angel Inn, the vegetarian menu (which you had to ask for separately) had some kind of burrito on it, but it's been several years since I've eaten there.

Last edited:
I just got back from a trip to Disney World so I wanted to give a quick update on the vegetarian meals we ate. My dad and I are vegetarian and my mom is vegan.

Raglan Road - we loved it. My dad had the mushroom soup and I had the tart art to start with. We then split the harvest salad and the mushroom sandwich. My mom wasn't feeling too hungry that day so just had a fruit plate, though they did offer to make her a vegan risotto. I think she was saving room for Erin McKenna's bakery since that's where we went next :) We loved the sweets there.

Boma breakfast - Another winner. We went there after the 5k that morning so we were all starving and left stuffed. The scrambled eggs with feta and spinach were delicious as was the chakalaka and pap. The chef made a special plate of vegan mickey waffles and a tofu scramble with tons of veggies for my mom.

Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner - We enjoyed this one as well. The package included an appetizer, entree, and dessert so it was a lot of food. My dad had the minestrone, I had the mozzarella and tomato salad, and my mom had a green salad without cheese. For entrees, I had the butternut squash pasta, my dad had the mushroom flatbread. The waiter didn't really seem to understand what vegan meant and he just brought out the allergy menu so we could see for ourselves what had egg and/or dairy. So they ended up making an egg free pasta for my mom with the marinara sauce and tons of veggies. My dad and I had the standard dessert sampler and my mom had the rice dream ice cream.

Food and Wine festival at Epcot - not much vegan here so we got my mom some food from Sunshine Seasons before we went over to world showcase. I really liked the ravioli at one of the Chew booths but I did not like the panna cotta. The chocolate dessert there was good. The vegetarian moussaka and spanikopita at Greece was good too. The griddled cheese dish in the Dominican Republic was only ok for me but I really liked the sugar cane drink here.

Pecos Bill at the Magic Kingdom - I really liked their new menu. We had the veggie bowl which was roasted veggies and rice and black beans, and then you could top it at the topping bar however you wanted. They also made a veggie burrito even though it wasn't on the menu. I know someone was asking about that earlier so I hope that helps. The food was not bad for a quick service meal but it really depended on the toppings bar for flavor. We all felt it was under seasoned otherwise.

The Wave - Probably our favorite meal of the trip. We had dinner here and they had a whole separate vegetarian menu you could ask for. I had the tofu and my mom had the vegetable curry, both were vegan. My dad had a salad. Everyone's food was amazing. For dessert, my mom had an enjoy life cookie with soy ice cream.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any :)

I just got back from a trip to Disney World so I wanted to give a quick update on the vegetarian meals we ate. My dad and I are vegetarian and my mom is vegan.

Raglan Road - we loved it. My dad had the mushroom soup and I had the tart art to start with. We then split the harvest salad and the mushroom sandwich. My mom wasn't feeling too hungry that day so just had a fruit plate, though they did offer to make her a vegan risotto. I think she was saving room for Erin McKenna's bakery since that's where we went next :) We loved the sweets there.

Boma breakfast - Another winner. We went there after the 5k that morning so we were all starving and left stuffed. The scrambled eggs with feta and spinach were delicious as was the chakalaka and pap. The chef made a special plate of vegan mickey waffles and a tofu scramble with tons of veggies for my mom.

Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner - We enjoyed this one as well. The package included an appetizer, entree, and dessert so it was a lot of food. My dad had the minestrone, I had the mozzarella and tomato salad, and my mom had a green salad without cheese. For entrees, I had the butternut squash pasta, my dad had the mushroom flatbread. The waiter didn't really seem to understand what vegan meant and he just brought out the allergy menu so we could see for ourselves what had egg and/or dairy. So they ended up making an egg free pasta for my mom with the marinara sauce and tons of veggies. My dad and I had the standard dessert sampler and my mom had the rice dream ice cream.

Food and Wine festival at Epcot - not much vegan here so we got my mom some food from Sunshine Seasons before we went over to world showcase. I really liked the ravioli at one of the Chew booths but I did not like the panna cotta. The chocolate dessert there was good. The vegetarian moussaka and spanikopita at Greece was good too. The griddled cheese dish in the Dominican Republic was only ok for me but I really liked the sugar cane drink here.

Pecos Bill at the Magic Kingdom - I really liked their new menu. We had the veggie bowl which was roasted veggies and rice and black beans, and then you could top it at the topping bar however you wanted. They also made a veggie burrito even though it wasn't on the menu. I know someone was asking about that earlier so I hope that helps. The food was not bad for a quick service meal but it really depended on the toppings bar for flavor. We all felt it was under seasoned otherwise.

The Wave - Probably our favorite meal of the trip. We had dinner here and they had a whole separate vegetarian menu you could ask for. I had the tofu and my mom had the vegetable curry, both were vegan. My dad had a salad. Everyone's food was amazing. For dessert, my mom had an enjoy life cookie with soy ice cream.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any :)
Thanks for all the tips! Heading in January and actually have researched The Wave so I am happy it is what I thought! And there are a few here on the forums who have mention the new menu at Pecos Bill as a vegetarian option NICE....

Thanks for all the tips! Heading in January and actually have researched The Wave so I am happy it is what I thought! And there are a few here on the forums who have mention the new menu at Pecos Bill as a vegetarian option NICE....

I think you'll love the Wave! We all really liked our meals there. As for Pecos Bill, it's definitely a nice option and the toppings bar helps with the flavor :)

Do you know if the veggie bowl at Pecos Bill is vegan? Also, was it spicy?

Thanks so much for your reviews and comments--very helpful for our upcoming trip!

Do you know if the veggie bowl at Pecos Bill is vegan? Also, was it spicy?

Thanks so much for your reviews and comments--very helpful for our upcoming trip!

We were told it was vegan but I would definitely recommend checking when you're down there. It seems like they change recipes, suppliers, etc. frequently. As far as spicy, it wasn't spicy at all for us. Now we have a pretty high spice tolerance but it tasted really bland to me without the salsa, peppers, etc. from the toppings bar.

We were told it was vegan but I would definitely recommend checking when you're down there. It seems like they change recipes, suppliers, etc. frequently. As far as spicy, it wasn't spicy at all for us. Now we have a pretty high spice tolerance but it tasted really bland to me without the salsa, peppers, etc. from the toppings bar.

Thank you so much! I will definitely ask--and report back here in February.

Hi...just back from a two week trip.

Me 40, Husband, 39 and Daughter 13

Our review...!!!

Boma
We went once on Monday night and loved it. Plenty of options...chef took us around the buffet. Tofutti sundae for dessert. On the following Saturday night my husband and daughter went again and the chef said Saturdays and Tuesdays are the worst night for vegans. There were only a few vegan options on the entire buffet. Both were very disappointed with this meal.

'Ohana
This was our favorite meal.

Salad, veggies and noodles are vegan. The chef also brought us hummus with pitas and other breads and a tofu and veggie stir fry. Also Tofutti and berries for dessert. YUMMY!

Trails End
Another favorite. Chef TJ made us potatoes, samosas, nachos, broccoli soup, tofu with noodles and baked tomatoes and portabello mushrooms and a beautiful dessert skewer.

Sanaa
We all hated it. The vegan menu is gone. We got a bowl of white rice with chickpea wat and okra. One of the worst meals on the trip. We were all looking so forward to this meal. We also ordered the bread service. The dips were ok, but the vegan naan was dry and tasteless.

Minnie's Christmas dinner at Hollywood and Vine
Stay away. No vegan options other than a few salads. They were actually pretty tasty salads, though. The chef made us a stir fry. It was raw broccoli, cherry tomatoes and raw carrots on rice covered in lemon. It was awful.

Crystal Palace
We didn't love this place. They had a few vegan options, but none of it was very good. The broccoli was delicious. They brought us gluten free/vegan buns and gluten free pasta. We are not gluten free and really did not enjoy it.

50's Prime Time Café
We went to the bar here just to order some vegan milkshakes. My husband ordered vanilla Tofutti and my daughter and I had chocolate. Not cheap....It was about $20 for three milkshakes, but they were AMAZING.

Columbia Harbor House
We ordered the vegan chili and broccoli here. Yummy

Counter service at the Grand Floridian
Make your own salad with gardein chick'n. DELICIOUS! This was by far my favorite counter service. We went there twice.

Counter service at Port Orleans Riverside
My husband and I got the make your own pasta dish. The penne is vegan as well as the tomato sauce and then you add all the veggies you want. Delicious. My daughter got a gardein veggie burger and enjoyed it.

Cosmic Rays
Veggie burger. Just meh.

I can't think of our other meals. I was sick for 5 days of our trip and had to skip a bunch of meals as well. Hope this helps!!!

We've recently discovered that my younger DD is lactose intolerant. It's not a severe allergy, but too much dairy gives her tummy troubles so we give her non-dairy alternatives for milk, cheese, and yogurt at home. I know many locations in WDW offer non-dairy ice cream (Tofutti and/or Rice Dream), which is great, but do any have cheese, yogurt, or milk alternatives available? We're also vegetarian, and she doesn't like pasta/noodles, so finding food for her at restaurants is sometimes challenging.

We've recently discovered that my younger DD is lactose intolerant. It's not a severe allergy, but too much dairy gives her tummy troubles so we give her non-dairy alternatives for milk, cheese, and yogurt at home. I know many locations in WDW offer non-dairy ice cream (Tofutti and/or Rice Dream), which is great, but do any have cheese, yogurt, or milk alternatives available? We're also vegetarian, and she doesn't like pasta/noodles, so finding food for her at restaurants is sometimes challenging.

The only place I know for sure that has a vegan cheese alternative is Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom. I know this because they made me a special vegan pizza last week. Delish!

However, be warned: the cashier didn't ring up the correct order and the chef (executive chef?) came out from the kitchen to discuss the order with me. It took quite a while for my pizza to appear. But it was quite good.

Reactions: Ava
The only place I know for sure that has a vegan cheese alternative is Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom. I know this because they made me a special vegan pizza last week. Delish!

However, be warned: the cashier didn't ring up the correct order and the chef (executive chef?) came out from the kitchen to discuss the order with me. It took quite a while for my pizza to appear. But it was quite good.
K I just have to say it. Vegan cheese no matter which brand that Ive tried makes me wish I had licked the south end of a northbound skunk instead of eating the cheese.

For milk, go to Starbucks and order either soy or almond milk. I also THINK I saw soy milk at Sunshine Seasons. Table service restaurants may have vegan cheese and sub it if you ask. I vaguely remember a review of Trail's End where the chef subbed in vegan cheese.

For milk, go to Starbucks and order either soy or almond milk. I also THINK I saw soy milk at Sunshine Seasons. Table service restaurants may have vegan cheese and sub it if you ask. I vaguely remember a review of Trail's End where the chef subbed in vegan cheese.
I forgot Starbucks carries almond milk now. I will probably reach out to special diets before our trip and see what they say about dairy substitutes being available. I don't necessarily want to note it as an allergy on our reservations, since she doesn't need dairy-free baked items, etc. It's only a problem if she consumes actual yogurt/cheese/ice cream in any quantity. (She's never really had dairy milk but I'm sure she'd react to that too since the other products cause issues.) We'll most likely end up carrying in a soft cooler with some of the non-dairy products that she likes, since those things are hit or miss and different brands can taste very different.

Howdy. I'm gf and vegan not by choice. My boys insist on eating at Garden grill. Will I starve? Should I grab something before going there? My other worry is Kona do I have any hope? THNX

Howdy. I'm gf and vegan not by choice. My boys insist on eating at Garden grill. Will I starve? Should I grab something before going there? My other worry is Kona do I have any hope? THNX

when we went 2 years ago to Garden Grill, I called in advance and they said they could handle it. (I'm vegetarian). the food is served family style and for main course DD and DH got the regular stuff and I got quinoa stuffed pepper (not on the menu) that was likely vegan. And was yummy enough that DH and DD tried it and we were brought another plate of it so we could all eat it. definitely did not starve! I'd suggest you call in advance, and make a note in your reservation! enjoy - we really liked the food there.

I called some of the restaurants before, some had special menus for lifestyle diets (their words). If your GF that could be marked on as a allergy.
I loved my meal a the Hoop-de-do, grilled vegetables, strawberry dessert, personal talk with the chef, it was amazing.(one that I called ahead for)

when we went 2 years ago to Garden Grill, I called in advance and they said they could handle it. (I'm vegetarian). the food is served family style and for main course DD and DH got the regular stuff and I got quinoa stuffed pepper (not on the menu) that was likely vegan. And was yummy enough that DH and DD tried it and we were brought another plate of it so we could all eat it. definitely did not starve! I'd suggest you call in advance, and make a note in your reservation! enjoy - we really liked the food there.
Thank you. I always make a note on our ADRs for that and my ds allergies. He has a few unusual ones and I've always had a good to great experience from the chefs except at Sci Fi where something came out with an allergen right on top. I didn't even get an apology, they said well that's how's it's made even after assuring me everything would be modified. guest services handled it quite well after i walked in almost in tears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter