Vero Beach 2012 thread closed... see 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are thinking of taking a day trip to visit VB during our next WDW trip (in 2 weeks). The family wants to visit in the future (May 2013), so since we (just the 2 of us right now) are in WDW for 2 weeks starting Oct. 12, we are/were thinking of driving to VB for the day. We thought we would have a nice lunch (recommendations please) and visit the beach area. I did see on the DVC website that pool hopping is allowed, though not sure if we want to do that, but might pack our suits anyhow. Has anyone done this recently? Should we bring beach towels? We will be staying at the BWV, so we can prove we are WDW guest. Can we access the beach? Since this next trip is a long one, we certainly have the time to visit. I tried to read this thread, but it's huge and it seems almost everyone loves their stay here.

While we are at VB (Oct 8), DH and will celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. Would like to surprise him with a nice dinner by ourselves. Since the family will be with us, he won't be expecting anything.

This is our first trip to VB so not too familiar with the area. We have been to Sebastian once and went to Capt Hiram's. So would like to try a new place either on property or in a nearby town. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:tink:

While we are at VB (Oct 8), DH and will celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. Would like to surprise him with a nice dinner by ourselves. Since the family will be with us, he won't be expecting anything.

This is our first trip to VB so not too familiar with the area. We have been to Sebastian once and went to Capt Hiram's. So would like to try a new place either on property or in a nearby town. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We really enjoy "Ocean Grill". IF you decide to go for dinner, go early. We usually show up and get our names on the list 30 minutes prior to opening and then shop around in their gift shop. We also ask for a window seat. They have a crab augratin that is to die for! They also have a yummy selection of desserts.

We are thinking of taking a day trip to visit VB during our next WDW trip (in 2 weeks). The family wants to visit in the future (May 2013), so since we (just the 2 of us right now) are in WDW for 2 weeks starting Oct. 12, we are/were thinking of driving to VB for the day. We thought we would have a nice lunch (recommendations please) and visit the beach area. I did see on the DVC website that pool hopping is allowed, though not sure if we want to do that, but might pack our suits anyhow. Has anyone done this recently? Should we bring beach towels? We will be staying at the BWV, so we can prove we are WDW guest. Can we access the beach? Since this next trip is a long one, we certainly have the time to visit. I tried to read this thread, but it's huge and it seems almost everyone loves their stay here.

I think I would call the resort directly and ask if you can access their beach. Like the pool, you must have a key card to unlock the gate.
As for lunch, I would say "Squid Lips". Very casual atmosphere and on the water....

My husband is sitting here beside the fire place thinking of making s'mores so he can practice for Vero. Does anyone remember the resort record? Was it 26?

A new post from Disney Parks Blog states "Disney’s Animal Programs team members have marked and monitored 1,381 loggerhead sea turtle nests, 220 green sea turtle nests, and 11 leatherback sea turtle nests so far during the 2012 nesting season, which ends in late October."

I am so grateful to have witnessed this program first hand. What a wonderful experience!! :goodvibes

For the full article: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...r-nests-hatch-near-disneys-vero-beach-resort/

As of Oct. 1st, Shutters is no longer serving lunch and Bleachers has an expanded menu. For those of you not familiar with the resort, Shutters is a casual table service restaurant within the main building and Bleachers is a poolside walk-up window – outdoors. In the article (link below) it states that it isn’t clear if discontinuing lunch at Shutters is a seasonal or permanent change.

We have only visited VB once so others may have a better idea if this change is for the best. During our visit we enjoyed Bleachers poolside on several occasions and always were impressed with the food. The updated menu at Bleachers sounds really yummy.

Here is a link with photos of the new menu: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...0-bleachers-menu-expanded-shutters-lunch-ends

A new post from Disney Parks Blog states "Disney’s Animal Programs team members have marked and monitored 1,381 loggerhead sea turtle nests, 220 green sea turtle nests, and 11 leatherback sea turtle nests so far during the 2012 nesting season, which ends in late October."

I am so grateful to have witnessed this program first hand. What a wonderful experience!! :goodvibes

For the full article: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...r-nests-hatch-near-disneys-vero-beach-resort/

Thank you for that link! I'm interested in that sea turtle race and also love to read the hatching report!

As of Oct. 1st, Shutters is no longer serving lunch and Bleachers has an expanded menu. For those of you not familiar with the resort, Shutters is a casual table service restaurant within the main building and Bleachers is a poolside walk-up window – outdoors. In the article (link below) it states that it isn’t clear if discontinuing lunch at Shutters is a seasonal or permanent change.

We have only visited VB once so others may have a better idea if this change is for the best. During our visit we enjoyed Bleachers poolside on several occasions and always were impressed with the food. The updated menu at Bleachers sounds really yummy.

Here is a link with photos of the new menu: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...0-bleachers-menu-expanded-shutters-lunch-ends

Thanks for posting. An expanded menu at Bleachers is a great thing, we eat there most days for lunch (otherwise, go to Orchid Island Pizza down the street!). We've been to Vero many times, and never had lunch at Shutters. We actually haven't had dinner there the past couple trips, either. Green Cabin Room is fine for us if we decide to stay at the resort at night.

Unfortunately I don't think we have enough points for a Vero trip next year, though! I really do love the resort. Nothing better than relaxing by the pool, except during love bug season!

We arrived this afternoon for our first stay at VB!!!:goodvibes

What a spectacular view from our room!!! :cloud9:

So far everything has been awesome! I even gave the pool slide a try. Let's just say...fun, fun, fun!

Looking forward to the rest of our week!!!:thumbsup2

We arrived this afternoon for our first stay at VB!!!:goodvibes

What a spectacular view from our room!!! :cloud9:

So far everything has been awesome! I even gave the pool slide a try. Let's just say...fun, fun, fun!

Looking forward to the rest of our week!!!:thumbsup2

Yeah!!! Enjoy - it is such a wonderful resort1!! pixiedust:

We're going BACK. April 25th through May 1st. Then we are driving down to Miami to hop on the Disney Wonder.

We loved VB and reserved another 2 bedroom as my husbands' parents will be staying with us.

Last time, we didn't go off site much (at all). This time, we will be headed off property more for dinner/experiences.

Well it looks like we will be giving up part of our signature... :sad1:

vb.jpg

Currently in the process of selling our VB points. A few reasons; a few two many points, that reallocation a couple years ago really hurt our plans, were feeling very uncomfortable owning beach front with global warming, and DD is looking a $$$$ colleges :scared1:

I'm sure we will still visit VB but feel more comfortable this way.

We have been going to Disney Vero Beach Resort since we bought points there in '98. We love the area. So because we love the area so much we bought our retirement condo right across the street from Disney Vero Beach Resort at Coralstone. Coralstone's property boarders Disney's park lot across A1A. Our beach access it to the right of the resort. Now all we have to do is retire which won't be for another 3 years. Maybe I'll get a job at the resort.

The only problem is that now we might never stay at Disney's Vero Beach Resort again.

Beth

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter