Vero Beach 2012 thread closed... see 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I just wanted to make you aware of a couple of in-progress trip reports that include Vero Beach stays. Both are part-way through the Vero Beach portion.

The first is my DIS-friend Cynthia's (eandesmom) and can be found here.

The second is mine, and can be found here.

They both have links in the first or second post, if you'd like to skip right to Vero Beach chapters.

Enjoy! :goodvibes

We have been going to Disney Vero Beach Resort since we bought points there in '98. We love the area. So because we love the area so much we bought our retirement condo right across the street from Disney Vero Beach Resort at Coralstone. Coralstone's property boarders Disney's park lot across A1A. Our beach access it to the right of the resort. Now all we have to do is retire which won't be for another 3 years. Maybe I'll get a job at the resort.

The only problem is that now we might never stay at Disney's Vero Beach Resort again.

Beth

We did the same thing this summer, only across the bridge in Pelican Pointe. Also will be awhile before we can spend real time there, but we are ready. Another VBR couple bought there this summer also. Guess we will all be working together someday :flower3: We may stay at VBR if we have excess family company ~ just let them stay at the condo and we will slide out and over to the peace and quite of the resort....

Well it looks like we will be giving up part of our signature... :sad1:

vb.jpg

Currently in the process of selling our VB points. A few reasons; a few two many points, that reallocation a couple years ago really hurt our plans, were feeling very uncomfortable owning beach front with global warming, and DD is looking a $$$$ colleges :scared1:

I'm sure we will still visit VB but feel more comfortable this way.

Hey, Lisa, Understandable circumstances... I have never owned at VB, but have enjoyed it nonetheless. Hope you get a good price. :) And I expect you to stay involved in this thread...

I was hoping I could get some advice. We normally stay by the parks the whole time we are in Florida and we are debating on giving VBR a try for Nov 18-20 before we start our normal vacation at the parks for a week. Is there enough to do at that time of the year the kids and my wife will no kill me for keeping them away from the parks?

Is there any thing you would say is a must do. My family is my DW, DS 11, DD 9, DD 7 and I. We have talked about giving it a try for years but always opt for the park.

Thanks for any advice.

I was hoping I could get some advice. We normally stay by the parks the whole time we are in Florida and we are debating on giving VBR a try for Nov 18-20 before we start our normal vacation at the parks for a week. Is there enough to do at that time of the year the kids and my wife will no kill me for keeping them away from the parks?

Is there any thing you would say is a must do. My family is my DW, DS 11, DD 9, DD 7 and I. We have talked about giving it a try for years but always opt for the park.

Thanks for any advice.

We did a split stay this summer for the first time and my boys...7 and 11 said they loved it and want to do it again in April! Of course this was summer so we spent the 4 days pretty much on the beach or in the pool. :beach:
With that said, they had tons of different activities for families/kids/or just adults to keep you busy the entire week...just at the resort. They also offer excursions away. We tried to get in on the kayak trip but it was booked solid. There are the usual things....ping pong, mini golf, pool games, arts and crafts, and also crochet and bocce that you can play on the lawn. They have a great area where they light a fire at night to roast marshmellows. There spa is wonderful so I am certain the girls can all get their toes/fingers done.

I do, recommend that Vero is at the tail end of the trip, since it really is about relaxing there. Even the boys thought it was great to end the trip that way and both said they wouldn't like it the other way around.

I think you should try it, if you can get a room.

Cheryl

Hey everyone. I just wanted to make you aware of a couple of in-progress trip reports that include Vero Beach stays. Both are part-way through the Vero Beach portion.

The first is my DIS-friend Cynthia's (eandesmom) and can be found here.

The second is mine, and can be found here.

They both have links in the first or second post, if you'd like to skip right to Vero Beach chapters.

Enjoy! :goodvibes

Thank you! Both are really helping me get into the spirit!

Thanks for the great advice!! We are staying at VWL 11/1-11/5 and then heading to Vero for our first trip there ever. We will be there for 4 days. The kids only think ew are going to VERO!!! I am looking forward to trying something different. Are there any restaurants that are more economical and kid friendly near by?

sarahk0204 said:
Thank you! Both are really helping me get into the spirit!

You're welcome! There doesn't seem to be a lot of Vero Beach trip reports out there, so thought I'd advertise them.

If you are at the resort right now, there is an INCREDIBLE lightning storm south of town. I have never seen anything like it.

If you love the turtles and want a chance to get up close and personal (and see hatchlings), you may want to consider a day trip to Juno Beach - the area's turtle "hospital" and rehabilitation center. It's funded in part by the Disney Conservation Fund you donate to at Animal Kingdom. It's a great facility with a museum and hospital you can view. There are lots of turtles and they have tons of hatchlings that they rescue and release. It's very worth a trip and there's a great beach right next to it! http://marinelife.org/

Thanks for this. We are going to Vero for the 1st time April 2-4. My daughter ould love to go here. It will make her trip!:thumbsup2

We need a new thread manager for 2013. It is easy to do. I'll help you get going and give you any help you need along the way. All of the following have been top posters in this 2012 thread. I hope one of you (or any interested VB friend) will step up and take the thread for the next year. I am going to ask the mods to lock this thread 11/1/2012. So, we need a new thread, new blood, new ideas, new energy. Someone, do it. :goodvibes Please speak up soon so we can give everyone something to look forward to.

tikimimi
chepic
sarahk0204
PammyK
tillerrw
Lauralooneyfordisney
dreamlinda
floridafam
DVCconvert
backyardponder
lovin'fl
DrMomof3
JMTStone
Pattiwig
wigdoutdismom
Catira
pixie08
starbox
dort
glennbo123
iloveokw
scootert

I love the thread and would love to take it on; however, I can't do it before January 7. I would if I could, but I know I can't give it anywhere near the needed time before then.

Hi everybody, Thanks for all your advice on our first Vero Beach trip. we spent 3 wonderful days there the first week of October. When we left to head to Old Key West, the family was was disappointed and would have liked to stay for the rest of the week. This was a big family trip with 3 generations. We had originally planned on a two bedroom, but when we found out that the second bedroom had a sofa bed (even in the dedicated units) we switched to three standard rooms in the main building. This ended up working out fine for us. Here is a video of our trip and I think it gives a good account of the resort. the first 7 minutes or so are of Vero Beach, the second half are of Old Key West ending with a bike ride from OKW to Saratoga Springs. Make sure to choose the highest resolution available.

Fixed Link: http://youtu.be/nqnOXUwvjm4

Hi everybody, Thanks for all your advice on our first Vero Beach trip. we spent 3 wonderful days there the first week of October. When we left to head to Old Key West, the family was was disappointed and would have liked to stay for the rest of the week. This was a big family trip with 3 generations. We had originally planned on a two bedroom, but when we found out that the second bedroom had a sofa bed (even in the dedicated units) we switched to three standard rooms in the main building. This ended up working out fine for us. Here is a video of our trip and I think it gives a good account of the resort. the first 7 minutes or so are of Vero Beach, the second half are of Old Key West ending with a bike ride from OKW to Saratoga Springs. Make sure to choose the highest resolution available.

Enjoy! http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=nqnOXUwvjm4

:yay::yay::banana::cool1: So glad you had such a good time!!!!

We are thinking of taking a day trip to visit VB during our next WDW trip (in 2 weeks). The family wants to visit in the future (May 2013), so since we (just the 2 of us right now) are in WDW for 2 weeks starting Oct. 12, we are/were thinking of driving to VB for the day. We thought we would have a nice lunch (recommendations please) and visit the beach area. I did see on the DVC website that pool hopping is allowed, though not sure if we want to do that, but might pack our suits anyhow. Has anyone done this recently? Should we bring beach towels? We will be staying at the BWV, so we can prove we are WDW guest. Can we access the beach? Since this next trip is a long one, we certainly have the time to visit. I tried to read this thread, but it's huge and it seems almost everyone loves their stay here.

Just an update. We justed returned from our trip to WDW and did manage to take a day trip to Vero. I called Member Services the day before to see what the procedure was for day visitors. They put me on hold and came back and told me to check in at the front desk and show my BWV room card and they would take care of me and issue me a day pass. So we headed out the next day and did exactly what they advised and it worked perfectly. We checked in at the desk and while the CM wasn't sure what to do, the manager was standing there and stepped up and took care of us. She took my BWV room card and came back with a keycard that said "day pass" written on the back. She gave us a map, and lots of other info on the resort. She told us that we could get towels with our day pass if we needed them. We had no problem accessing the beach or pool. We did find out the Shutters was no longer open for lunch so went up to the lounge and had a nice lunch there. Rain moved in for about an hour, so that pretty much changed our pool hopping plans. We stopped at Shutters and a manager came out and talked to us about the dining options and gave us a menu and suggestions. He also told me that my TiW care was accepted there at all of the places (which was a nice surprise). He also gave us his card with the dining reservation number on it so we could call and book the Thursday buffet. We headed back to WDW around 2:00PM. We were happy to visit even though the rain cut our visit a little short. All of the CMs were extremely nice and helpful. We are planning to visit in May for a few days with the family.

Hi all. Have read thru part of the thread and have a question. Has anyone walked/ran/biked the jungle trail? I'm training for the Princess Half and this weekend calls for 5miles I see an easy way to get to the start ; less than a mile from the resort. Also can you rent bikes and take them on this trail? My kids might want to join me on bikes. We are checking in Friday and leaving Sunday. Any other cheap activities that might be fun for a 16 & 12 year old? We're on a budget and could only afford this with my husband's cm discount. Thanks

Hi all. Have read thru part of the thread and have a question. Has anyone walked/ran/biked the jungle trail? I'm training for the Princess Half and this weekend calls for 5miles I see an easy way to get to the start ; less than a mile from the resort. Also can you rent bikes and take them on this trail? My kids might want to join me on bikes. We are checking in Friday and leaving Sunday. Any other cheap activities that might be fun for a 16 & 12 year old? We're on a budget and could only afford this with my husband's cm discount. Thanks

Yes, you definitely can rent bikes and go on the Jungle Trail. My DH and I did this and really enjoyed our morning. You should check out Sebastian Inlet State Park, they may have some programs running that your boys would enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter