Vero Beach Adoration 2010 Thread *** Closed now *** Links to 2011 Thread inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the job entail? Rob don't know if will have the time to update regularly. Starbox want to take a stab at it?;)

Hey Mike. I think really it is just getting the thread started. Updating some things, a lot of copy and pasting from the old thread. Then just making sure questions get an answer. Pretty much what you already do. It is not a real hassle, and I wouldn't have any problem picking up the new thread, but I really like the thought of passing it on to new blood, new ideas, and just a new perspective. I've done it twice, so starbox and Maria are welcome to serve their second term! If I don't hear from them (let's say) by the end of September then I'm looking hard for new blood.

:beach:

Hey Mike. I think really it is just getting the thread started. Updating some things, a lot of copy and pasting from the old thread. Then just making sure questions get an answer. Pretty much what you already do. It is not a real hassle, and I wouldn't have any problem picking up the new thread, but I really like the thought of passing it on to new blood, new ideas, and just a new perspective. I've done it twice, so starbox and Maria are welcome to serve their second term! If I don't hear from them (let's say) by the end of September then I'm looking hard for new blood.

:beach:

Mike, I think you'd be a great keeper of the thread. :thumbsup2. I'm sure we'll all be around to help out. I'm pretty busy in the fall, but try to be active in the summer. We will be in Vero for June again this year. :banana:

Mike, I think you'd be a great keeper of the thread.
:scared1:
Thanks starbox;)
Hey Mike. I think really it is just getting the thread started. Updating some things, a lot of copy and pasting from the old thread. Then just making sure questions get an answer. Pretty much what you already do
Will let you know.:scared1:;)

Season is about over for dreamchasing;) Now the fun work starts:rolleyes: Paperwork on top of paperwork. We had another small but major find off of Vero Beach recently but have not released it to the mainstream yet. Hoping to get the OK to post a picture or two for you all. pirate:

Ok, So my not so little group to start (DH, DD (8), DS(8), DD(2), DS (2) and I) has expanded once again. My Mom and Dad decided to come this past Monday. Today my MIL and FIL told me they are also coming. That makes 10 of us in total!

My in laws also had to call 3 times to get a room. The first time they were told there was only one night. Moral of the story don't give up. My parents are paying cash with a great FL resident discount. My in laws are full price cash. We are using points.

We also decided to surprise the kids and leave a day early and go to the MK on Wednesday. We're staying in the WLV Tuesday night unless more Pixie Dust pixiedust: comes our way and we get our waitlist at BLT. Only the in-laws are joinging us for MK.

Now that we have gone from 6 to 10 my game plan need to change. Last year we at in our villa almost every night. The one night we did go to Squid Lips our little toddlers were awful. We did take out from Shutters, Orchid Pizza, and Too Jays and liked it all. We didn't love Squid Lips but it could have been because the kids were not well behaved.

We need to come up with some dining options for 10 people. This year we're hoping to go out most nights together or trade off some go out early and some go out late.

Suggestions anyone? Do some places take ressies and is earlier more or less crowed? Also we had no babysitters last year and now we have 2 sets. :cool1: It's our anniversary on October 8th other than Oriente (which looks great) where else is mostly adults and great to eat?

Finally we did most of the activities at the resort last year with the kids which is one reason we love this place so much. Again now there are so many of us day trips off property are possible. Any suggestions for the 8 years olds only with mom and dad? Any for all of us 40 ish , 8 , 2 , 60 ish and 70 ish?

Also if you're down there when we are you'll be sure to see us. I apologize in advance for my family. We are working on being quiet and blending in when we go places but with 2 sets of twins we tend to stand out a little. Couple that with sets of grandparents who don't work at being quiet or blending in and we tend to stand out. Stop by and say Hi there's always some one to chat with. :dance3:

WHILE WE WERE THERE THIS PAST AUG.I overheard that mulligans was great but we were leaving early that day..u can check it out, we all went to gloria esefans place not good

roysbrew you already mentioned SquidLips.Have also had some hit and miss lunches there lately.:sad2: Some other favorite very casual restaurants we have taken guests to have been Capt Hiram's, Mulligan's,Mr Manatee's,Riverside Cafe for lunch and dinner.Also love Mobay Grill(Jamaican) but it is on the small side. Country Ham and Egg,Southern Sister's and Pelican Diner(small) for breakfast

For a romantic dinner for 2 or adults might I suggest a favorite fine dining place. Maison Martique on Ocean Drive Vero Beach.
Could somewhat call it French Island Fusion. Overall it gets pretty decent reviews.
http://www.thecaribbeancourt.com/Maison_Martinique/MM_menu_page1.php

Hopefully some of the families with children will chime in here with some thoughts on activities outside the resort with the kids. Just a couple of quick family suggestions.
http://www.fws.gov/pelicanisland/ Another suggestion is to take a wildlife boat tour out of Capt Hiram's
http://www.sebastianriverqueencruises.com/
If you have the time and desire to drive a few minutes, there is quite a bit to see and do outside the resort. Just take some time and read the thread if possible. There is a lot of info to be had. If beachside will search your family out in a few weeks;) LOL Have a great trip.pirate:

Not all Treasure is Silver and Gold.
While out on the High Seas today off of Vero came across a very Distressed Sea Turtle. The little guy was brought into port and the SeaTurtlePreservation Society in Brevard County picked him up. Happy to report "Squirt" is doing great in the Rehab Center and they expect him to recover and be released.
23mx0mx.jpg

21odnqv.jpg

2qia4yd.jpg

MADCOCO, Great post! Is that you in the pic? We are heading to Vero next weekend. It's been 8 years since our last visit. Last time we took our metal detector, but this time we are traveling light. Do you know if you can rent them at the resort?

Thanks. No the boat owner. Only place I know of that rents detectors now, is in Ft Pierce. Sent you a PM enjoy your trip.pirate:

Madcoco

Thanks for all the advice We wil definitely try Maaison Martinque. it looks wonderful. Also i think we'll try Capt. Hiram's and Mulligan's.

Does anyone know how crowded Mulligan's is on Thursday's which is kids night? That's when we were thinking of going unless it's too crowded and then we'll try a different night.

I still need to look into the river cruise. Has anyone done the Kayak tour through the resort recently?

Hey Mike,
I'm happy to help in anyway I can on the thread.
As Rob said earlier, I just can't take full responsibility for the thread as my job often makes me travel extensiively and for longer periods. ....I hope you aceept as I think you'd do a wonderful job of it! :)

How has the weather been in Vero Beach??? Is leaving for there on Sunday:banana:

Check the NWS Hurricane center to see what's brewing. There is a system that could cause problems if it steers toward Florida. We are heading to Vero soon also and are keeping an eye on this system.

This time tomorrow we will be at the airport and on our way to VBR then BCV. Have massage appointments if the new SPA has it's license by Friday (fingers crossed). I will share that experience if it happens :beach: Then off to our first Food and Wine and MNNSHP. Getting so excited party:

I can't seem to find how far bath tub beach is and how to get there. I know it is here somewhere because I read it. I have two very impatient children and could use some help. thanks so much if anyone can help.

I can't seem to find how far bath tub beach is and how to get there. I know it is here somewhere because I read it. I have two very impatient children and could use some help. thanks so much if anyone can help.
Go to mapquest and search for "1599 SE Macarthur Blvd Stuart FL 34996. Not sure how far it is, we are hoping to go there this Thursday if the water is good. Hope the kids enjoy it!

How has the weather been in Vero Beach??? Is leaving for there on Sunday
Was over in beachside in nearby Ft Pierce Sunday and the weather was beautiful and the Seas were a nice 1-2 ft. Back at home in Orlando today and Thunderstorms all around. The original forecast was for nice dry air, lower humidity and temps low 80's. Now with the system brewing near Cuba like mic_KY_mouses said the weather is up the air. Fingers crossed for good weather for you all visiting VB and/or the Mouse.:)

Thanks madcoco, I have never known dixiedust to be weighed down by raiin and storms :flower3: Vero may be more SPA and less sun, but it will still be great!!

Leaving for Vero on Monday. The more pictures that I look at of the beach the more concerned I am about that huge shelf putting a damper on any time we are spending at the beach.

Has anyone been recently? Is it as bad as it looks? Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter