VGF pull down bed (below TV)

nd43

Disney Fan
This is our last day at WDW. We had a great stay at VGF!

I thought I would pass this note on because it surprised me. When I saw the pull down bed in the pictures at VGF below the TV I assumed it had no real value for us at this time as all of our kids are now teenagers. However, our 14 year old daughter (who is small, but still 5'3), after testing the bed the first day decided to use that bed vs. the pull out couch bed for the entire 6 night trip. She loved it. She felt is was much more comfortable then the pull out couch.

So, if you have a smaller teenager, you might want them to give the pull down bed a chance because they might also find it to be pretty comfortable. Of course, make sure the extra swing down support is properly placed on the floor!

I was checking out the sizing of that bed since a lot of people say it's small. Disney calls it a bunk sized bed. When I looked at mattresses for bunks, they all use twin sized mattresses, so that bed should be the same size as the sleeper chairs. I'm heading to VGF in Feb. with a measuring tape--unless there is someone out there who has already measured the bed.

An update:
I slept in the "hutch" as we called it and have to say it wasn't bad. It is much easier to set up in the middle of the night when trying to get away from a loud snorer than the pull out sofa. It is more narrow and you don't want to sit up too quickly since there is an overhang, but I thought it was acceptable and I'm on the Pooh size and 5'5".

I was checking out the sizing of that bed since a lot of people say it's small. Disney calls it a bunk sized bed. When I looked at mattresses for bunks, they all use twin sized mattresses, so that bed should be the same size as the sleeper chairs. I'm heading to VGF in Feb. with a measuring tape--unless there is someone out there who has already measured the bed.

The bunks are quite small. We had bunks in a treehouse villa in August and my 14 year old was way too tall for them. It looked bigger than a bunk to me but I didn't measure

I had my 16 year old son who is 5'11" lay on the pull down bed at Aulani (it is the same size as the one at VGC -and I would assume the VGF one is the same as well).... it was tight but he said he would totally be ok with sleeping on it. My DS (12) slept on it and was totally comfy... he is about 5'3".

We had an adult use the pull down bed in the grand ca villa fine but she's short (5'2 or 5'3") and my 12 year old also used the one in Aulani with no problems:)

Here's my DH showing how someone who is 5' 11" would fit on the murphy bed. He was not comfortable as it was narrow and short. The bed is not the same as a twin size bed.

file_zpsf2a09c3f.jpg

Last edited:
^When I saw your photo all I could think of is that your DH is in my usual position at WDW after a return from a park.

I don't mean to hijack, but I have a question if I may.

You guys are talking about this pull down bed...Is this in all of the DVC studios that you've mentioned?

According to the Points chart, it says that GFV studio sleeps 5, but all the others sleep 4....So I just assumed GFV was the only one that had the pull down bed....Now I know that GCH ( not Villas ) had bunks but can some one confirm that the villas have either bunks or this pull down as well...In a studio that is...Thanks in advance.::yes::

I don't mean to hijack, but I have a question if I may.

You guys are talking about this pull down bed...Is this in all of the DVC studios that you've mentioned?

According to the Points chart, it says that GFV studio sleeps 5, but all the others sleep 4....So I just assumed GFV was the only one that had the pull down bed....Now I know that GCH ( not Villas ) had bunks but can some one confirm that the villas have either bunks or this pull down as well...In a studio that is...Thanks in advance.::yes::

The GFV is the only one that has the pull down bed in the studio rooms.
At the GCV and at Aulani the one bedrooms (and 2 bedrooms as well) have the same type of pull down bed in the livingroom below the television.

So at GCV and Aulani the pull down bed is not in the studios.

Ok, I want to sleep there!

I like to sleep as my dog does, a little bit of a confined space. I just hope that it doesn't fold in on me if I roll toward the picture of Dumbo.

It will definitely be a better option for our daughter's boyfriend than the blow up we were thinking of taking.

The GFV is the only one that has the pull down bed in the studio rooms.
At the GCV and at Aulani the one bedrooms (and 2 bedrooms as well) have the same type of pull down bed in the livingroom below the television.

So at GCV and Aulani the pull down bed is not in the studios.

Just to clarify at Aulani, the murphy bed is only in the 1 BRs and 2 BR lock offs. The dedicated 2BRs do not have the extra bed. We don't know the reasoning.

My ds16 slept in it a night and at 5"11 he was fine. I laid in it one afternoon and checked in on the boards and found it comfortable. Ds and I do like small spaces, my dd and dh would have hated it.

Also I found the sleeper to be almost identical to the one at BLT.

Here's my DH showing how some is 5' 11" would fit on the murphy bed. He was not comfortable as it was narrow and short. The bed is not the same as a twin size bed.

file_zpsf2a09c3f.jpg

Woa that's actually much bigger than I pictured. Thanks for the photo.

I think families will a boy and girl that don't want to share have a great option-much less 3 kids.

Just to clarify at Aulani, the murphy bed is only in the 1 BRs and 2 BR lock offs. The dedicated 2BRs do not have the extra bed. We don't know the reasoning.

We just came back from the newly renovated Villas at Wilderness Lodge and they have the new pull down bed for the 5th person! My adult sister slept on it just fine:cool1:

Just got back Wednesday from VGF and DS11, who's 5' tall and 100 lbs. pronounced it "the most comfortable DVC pullout ever." Some of them can be sort of stiff since they don't all have real mattresses. It was soooo much easier than pulling all the cushions off the sofa and setting up the pullout every night. It might have been our favorite part of VGF.

I also tried laying in the bed myself and found it to be better than I was expecting.

Here's my DH showing how some is 5' 11" would fit on the murphy bed. He was not comfortable as it was narrow and short. The bed is not the same as a twin size bed.

file_zpsf2a09c3f.jpg

Thank you for posting this! I have been looking for a good idea of what my son at 5'11" would experience on the new murphy bed in the VWL studio. Since my son is probably 150# dripping wet and just a touch shorter than your husband, this gives me hope. (I'll still pack the airbed!)

Also note, I'm going under the assumption that Disney has used the same manufacturer for all these murphy beds as well as the same size mattresses. This also shows me that there is no way my older son at 6'2" will fit. He gets the couch :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter