VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

are there any 2 bedroom dedicated standard that can see fireworks. TIA

It looks like there may be only 4 units that have a chance of seeing some fireworks above the trees or above other GF buildings. It wouldn't be like seeing the fireworks show keep in mind, it would just be seeing a little bit of the higher fireworks. It looks like it would be units 1225, 1325, 1425, and 1525 (there isn't one on the 6th floor in this spot). I wouldn't get hopes up, it's not hugely worth it, but if you can't get out to see any fireworks at all normally, you could request and see if you get lucky I guess.

As I look at this. Does this mean there are only 30 Standard Studios? These would be the lock off 2 bedrooms.

As I look at this. Does this mean there are only 30 Standard Studios? These would be the lock off 2 bedrooms.
30 standard studios + 17 lake view studios = 47 potential 2BR lockoffs and 47 potential 1BRs. There are 6 GVs. There are 30 standard dedicated 2BR and 17 LV. So if configured as 2BRs, there are 100 units. If configured for studios and 1BRs, there are up to 147 units.

I believe I had read somewhere that VGF rooms would be getting a soft refurb in 2021. Do you think that will still happen? Is it needed? I was last there in late 2018 and my room looked to be in really good shape.

Just re-read through this thread, dreaming of our second home...

Cannot wait to return this Fall, end-of-the-world destruction notwithstanding...

SO happy this is our home Resort.

:love:

hello
Is there a way to know where the elevators, exist, and pathway are? I’m going with my dad and he’s had several operations on knee and foot. I would like to know what rooms should I request to minimize his walking to and from Pool and lobby.

thanks so much

hello
Is there a way to know where the elevators, exist, and pathway are? I’m going with my dad and he’s had several operations on knee and foot. I would like to know what rooms should I request to minimize his walking to and from Pool and lobby.

thanks so much

Only one set of elevators off the lobby so I would request that!

hello

thanks so much
Floor maps are on the first page of this thread and following. The elevators are next to the rooms ending in 12 and 13 on each floor.
The path to the pool is to the left of the elevator on the first floor.

1419 Dedicated 2 bedroom standard view

I prefer and requested the other side. The room needed some TLC considering the soft refurbishment. Still a good stay overall though.

1419 Dedicated 2 bedroom standard view

I prefer and requested the other side. The room needed some TLC considering the soft refurbishment. Still a good stay overall though.
Hope you don't mind me borrowing your image. But I was trying to imagine how the new Poly DVC tower might impact the view from here. This is what I came up with.VGF to Poly DVC View.jpg

Last edited:
Hope you don't mind me borrowing your image. But I was trying to imagine how the new Poly DVC tower might impact the view from here. This is what I came upView attachment 658801.
Your rendition of a blue Poly2 building reminds me of Disney painting the huge GOTG building at Epcot blue in an attempt to have it blend into the sky. All you need to do is add a couple of green stripes along the base & viola it just ‘disappears’ 😂.

Your rendition of a blue Poly2 building reminds me of Disney painting the huge GOTG building at Epcot blue in an attempt to have it blend into the sky. All you need to do is add a couple of green stripes along the base & viola it just ‘disappears’ 😂.
You must mean... Guardians of the Polynesian: Tiki Rewind... coming Summer 2024... or, you know... who knows... whenever we get around to it.
VGF to Poly DVC View.jpg

When aerial photos by bioreconstruct used to be posted, he'd call that color "go-away green." Having seen the building from the Epcot parking lot shortly after they painted it, I'd have to agree with him. It really does blend in pretty well. The building isn't invisible, but definitely not in your face. I don't think the Poly tower will be like that!

Hope you don't mind me borrowing your image. But I was trying to imagine how the new Poly DVC tower might impact the view from here. This is what I came up with.
No, not at all! I thought about the new building a lot when I was on that balcony. I don't think it'll be too bad. But to me personally it still looks like a Hyatt Place Honolulu. It isn't unattractive, but it doesn't match the current Poly aesthetic at all. my only thought it maybe they are purposefully making it more transitional.
When aerial photos by bioreconstruct used to be posted, he'd call that color "go-away green." Having seen the building from the Epcot parking lot shortly after they painted it, I'd have to agree with him. It really does blend in pretty well. The building isn't invisible, but definitely not in your face. I don't think the Poly tower will be like that!
Verizon and to a lesser extent, AT&T, are adding small cells on short poles at the resorts. In parking lots and around the pools. They are green or brown or white and frankly you wouldn't notice them unless you looked for them. AKL Parking lot (I think VZW):

1648754918240.png

Is there a view thread for the new building? If not, we can just add it here? I am staying next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter