Victoria and Alberts Recent Trip

Main Dining, no luck with the QR (but main dining is fine for us!)
The Queen Victoria Room contains four tables for two, so you'd never be able to book a party of three. Since it books separately, you wouldn't be able to modify an existing reservation into that room.

We did 11 Madison Park about a year ago- it was a delight, and it is plant based now, which aligns with the dietary choices of my wife and I. We will be in the parks next week and had the opportunity to do V&A, but the price is higher than 11 mad and the plant based options at Disney are narrow and often samey- so we opted to spread out our dining (Citricos, Steakhouse 71, California Grill, etc). Maybe another trip, but it is really hard to justify when a 3 star that is vegan centric is a subway ride away.

We did 11 Madison Park about a year ago- it was a delight, and it is plant based now, which aligns with the dietary choices of my wife and I. We will be in the parks next week and had the opportunity to do V&A, but the price is higher than 11 mad and the plant based options at Disney are narrow and often samey- so we opted to spread out our dining (Citricos, Steakhouse 71, California Grill, etc). Maybe another trip, but it is really hard to justify when a 3 star that is vegan centric is a subway ride away.
V&A has a separate vegetarian menu option for each item though.

Disney Food Blog has an example of the plant based menu from last August: https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-c...EVENT-dinner-menu-plant-based-menu-scaled.jpg

I guess if I hate fish, this isn't the place to try? Then again, I think the whole point is to try things you normally wouldn't eat

So what number would I call to actually book this, and what time of day starting at the 60 day mark?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah we looked it over and we’re underwhelmed vs the cost - and we’ve found Disney plant based options hit or miss- so we are gonna put our $ in a bunch of different dining this time around.
Fair enough! Disney doesn't always have the best track record for vegan/vegetarian. The only caveat I'd give for V&A is that they develop their dishes pretty independently of the rest of Disney dining.

I'm not too excited about the caviar dishes (I'm pretty picky when it comes to seafood) so I'll definitely be subbing the vegetarian option on any dishes with that (I believe usually one of the early courses has it). If I end up with any other plant-based options I'll circle back and let you know how they are!

I guess if I hate fish, this isn't the place to try? Then again, I think the whole point is to try things you normally wouldn't eat

So what number would I call to actually book this, and what time of day starting at the 60 day mark?

Thanks
You make it at the 60 day mark. The reservation window opens around 5:45 a.m. ET each day (we found it closer to 6 a.m., but V&A goes fast so you can't be too careful!). We had a Sun-Sat hotel booking, so I grabbed it for the last evening (Friday).

People find desktop access tends to be better than mobile app, but I haven't seen much of a difference personally. If you're going to book on PC, use this link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/victoria-and-alberts/

If you use the search bar to look for V&A on WDW's website, it will bring you to the overview page here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/victoria-and-alberts-overview/ which doesn't have Make Reservations button--there is not a second to waste when trying to get V&A, so make sure you have the right page loaded and ready to go!

Thanks
They call you a week out to ask you if you have any dietary restrictions. You would mention you don’t eat fish and they’ll work around that replacing those items. They’re really good about modifying to what you need

You make it at the 60 day mark. The reservation window opens around 5:45 a.m. ET each day (we found it closer to 6 a.m., but V&A goes fast so you can't be too careful!). We had a Sun-Sat hotel booking, so I grabbed it for the last evening (Friday).

People find desktop access tends to be better than mobile app, but I haven't seen much of a difference personally. If you're going to book on PC, use this link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/victoria-and-alberts/

If you use the search bar to look for V&A on WDW's website, it will bring you to the overview page here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/victoria-and-alberts-overview/ which doesn't have Make Reservations button--there is not a second to waste when trying to get V&A, so make sure you have the right page loaded and ready to go!

Oh great. I don't know why I thought you had to call them directly for reservations

I'm allergic to all seafood, and they've always made a separate menu for me. You just let them know about allergies or things you don't like, and they'll accommodate. Having said that, I despise mushrooms, but one of the best dishes I've ever had at V&A was a mushroom pasta. So I typically only tell them about things that I definitely cannot eat due to allergies and leave the rest of it to them and trust that, in the hands of a good chef, I may actually like things I normally do not.

I'm allergic to all seafood, and they've always made a separate menu for me. You just let them know about allergies or things you don't like, and they'll accommodate. Having said that, I despise mushrooms, but one of the best dishes I've ever had at V&A was a mushroom pasta. So I typically only tell them about things that I definitely cannot eat due to allergies and leave the rest of it to them and trust that, in the hands of a good chef, I may actually like things I normally do not.

What did they substitute the fishes with? Meats?

I wanted to add they can also create something on the spot if you end up not liking something. I had never had duck before so didn’t know I would actually hate it. They noticed I wasn’t eating my dish and I mentioned I didn’t like it and the chef ended up creating something not on the menu they’d never made before. It was so delicious and was really great that I didn’t miss out on a course because of not liking something. I know for my next visit now to mention no Duck

What did they substitute the fishes with? Meats?
Sometimes other proteins, sometimes a vegetarian option.

Once I do remember ratatouille stuffed cannelloni (soooo good I remember it 15 years later). One time they made the same dish DH had but did a vegetarian version of it but then asked at the last minute if the chef could add some bison to it (YES!). They do try to keep a progression, so not going with heavy proteins when it's early in the progression and keeping it light by either using some kind of poultry or going vegetarian. Sometimes, they'll modify the same dish that DH has and other times, it will be something entirely different. I'm also allergic to spinach and sunflower so they have to be sometimes a bit more creative than just substituting seafood for another protein or taking it out. They also warn me when they serve something to DH that has an ingredient I'm allergic to so that I don't try it. They have also occasionally had to substitute various breads because of sunflower (often they substitute the mini French baguette because it has little or no oil at all in it so it doesn't violate my sunflower allergy. Frankly, I could eat that bread 10 times a meal so I'm happy). They've done the same thing at Remy on the Fantasy (and Dream).

Just to add some info - V&A does offer a vegan option, but you need to inform them a few days out, they also offer a no seafood option, and no dairy option, etc. and they are all excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter