Villas at wilderness lodge remodel

CTJKLAB

Mouseketeer
Here now, remodel looks nice but workmanship is poor. We deserve better for what we pay in dues! The "wood" floors are a cheap laminate that are scratched up already! The cabinets in the kitchen were repaired but they never painted the insides, they are still green. The appliances they bought are not the right size for the kitchen so the jury rigged 2x 4's behind the stove and refrigerator so that you can open the doors. The rug is nice, but cheap. The idea was nice but they rushed it and did shoddy work!we members deserve better!

I will if I can figure out how to post to this thread from my smartphone! Don't get me wrong, I like them. But they slapped them together quickly and cut corners badly!

I was wondering how the details would be considering that they allotted one month to remodel every room. OKW and BWV are larger resorts but they also took several months to do - although many would argue about the quality of work done at those as well.

Hard to hear that Disney, in one form or another, has again chosen to take the cheap way out.

I take it you have a 1br unit? I'm curious about the table/bed situation over in the studios if you happen to have a 2br. Is it long enough and sturdy enough to hold a 5'10 150# person, or is the air mattress still the best solution?

Hard to hear that Disney, in one form or another, has again chosen to take the cheap way out.

I take it you have a 1br unit? I'm curious about the table/bed situation over in the studios if you happen to have a 2br. Is it long enough and sturdy enough to hold a 5'10 150# person, or is the air mattress still the best solution?

Here right now. Can't vouch for the 5'10" part, but DW has had no problems with sleeping in that bed at 5'4", and she's.....more than 150. :littleangel:

We have a 1 bedroom, yes. Had to get a brand new dishwasher installed because the one in our kitchen looked like someone sat on the door. It went all the way to the floor and would not close. They fixed it but put huge digs in the new laminate floor when fixing, don't know why they took the tile out of the kitchen. First time that I have ever been unhappy with villa at this resort. They are doing only first floor now, look to be almost done with largest wing as of today.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

We have a one bedroom for May 16th. It's our first time staying at VWL and now after reading this I'm worried. I want it to be as close to perfect as possible.

If you are looking for perfection, you've come to the wrong Vacation Club!

For what they take in through dues, and what is held in reserve for remodeling, one would think that they could renovate properly, keeping detail, whimsy, and upgrading the features that need to be updated all around the resort.

Cosmetic renovation are one thing, but they have yet to go through a resort and bring it up to the standards new/like new standards.

Instead of bringing resorts back up to a great condition, they strip them of detail, remove Disney touches that members love, and spend a ton of money on poorly executed 'updates'.

Just like going through the resorts and removing all resort specific dishware, with plain white plastic stuff with no character. It takes the concept of 'Deluxe Villa Resort' down to 'Moderate Bargain/Junk Resort'.

Not cool! :worried:

Here right now. Can't vouch for the 5'10" part, but DW has had no problems with sleeping in that bed at 5'4", and she's.....more than 150. :littleangel:

Thank you. Sounds like I or my daughter might do fine on the bed, but it's still questionable if my 16yo will fit.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

We have a one bedroom for May 16th. It's our first time staying at VWL and now after reading this I'm worried. I want it to be as close to perfect as possible.

If you are looking for perfection, you've come to the wrong Vacation Club!

For what they take in through dues, and what is held in reserve for remodeling, one would think that they could renovate properly, keeping detail, whimsy, and upgrading the features that need to be updated all around the resort.

Cosmetic renovation are one thing, but they have yet to go through a resort and bring it up to the standards new/like new standards.

Instead of bringing resorts back up to a great condition, they strip them of detail, remove Disney touches that members love, and spend a ton of money on poorly executed 'updates'.

Just like going through the resorts and removing all resort specific dishware, with plain white plastic stuff with no character. It takes the concept of 'Deluxe Villa Resort' down to 'Moderate Bargain/Junk Resort'.

Not cool! :worried:

The sad part is, the designer of WL and VWL detailed out exactly how he wanted the resort to look. He put a lot of effort into research and design of every element, from the beams and lighting, to the flooring, woodwork and fabrics used. Quality was highest priority with him.

The updates look as though they brush off his designs as though he didn't know what he was doing in favor of making it all look very generic. The rooms, as they are now, could be located in OKW or SSR with the new, plain peach and light green tones. The reports of cheap paint jobs and already marked up vinyl flooring just illuminate how little effort and money was really put forth.

There is another thread on another forum talking about the repaint of EPCOT's innovations building exteriors to an odd multi-colored stripe. Several folk there noted that it's as though Disney is now using the DIY home makeover programs as their guide to upgrades.

Thankfully almost all refurbishments are superficial, so although its sad, its fixable. I'm positive it will cost more in the end when they go back and do it right than it would have been to spend a little more time and money in the first place.

I've been a DVC member for 14 years. We own at BWV and AKV. The rooms at BWV have been refurbished and are very nice. I never had a complaint about condition or cutting corners on materials, etc as everything has worked properly and is always clean and the atmosphere itself is lovely. Yes, it needed to be refurbed and I have read about all the problems with their pipes, and rooms that needed alot of repair, but we've never experienced any of it in any of our many stays. We love BWV and it's still our #1 favorite resort area.

The rooms at AKV blow away the rooms at BWV. The decor is gorgeous. Only complaint I ever have is that they use those bulbs that gradually brighten so it can be dark at first. Other than that, I find it to be top notch. The tile work, the furniture, even the dishes resonate the fact that we are in Disney and we are at AKV. With the Lion King scene in the bathrooms, and the carvings on the furniture and the hidden mickeys all over the place, it's just a treasure.

So, and this is JMHO, I cannot say I feel the same way. I've stayed at other timeshare places, and in many hotels. I just had a similiar conversation this morning with a co-worker and I stated that I've rarely been in a room anywhere I've ever stayed, as well kept, and as clean as my DVC rooms have been (the room in the Mirage in LV was pretty spectacular). Even Marriott's Harbor Beach Resort in FL, which is a great resort, has rooms in dire need of repair. Many places aren't as clean and well kept in comparision to what I've become accustom to in Disney.

To know they use lowest bidder merchandise and go for the cheapest thing, is well, I don't know, the way the rest of the world works too. Again, I've been in a few different time share units and see the shoddy-ness (?!) ever more so than the rooms at Disney.

Did they replace the mattresses? I know it's probably too much to ask for the new mattresses at VGF, but I hope they have put in new ones that are more comfortable. Would love to hear from someone who has been in a renovated villa.

I just returned from 2 nights at VWL in an updated studio. The table is the worst part. It's just ugly. It definitely felt crowded as well.

But.........it's still my favorite resort! I just love it there:good vibes

BTW, my 18 year old son who is 5'10" (about?) slept on the murphy bed and loved it!!! He said it was very comfortable!

I just returned from 2 nights at VWL in an updated studio. The table is the worst part. It's just ugly. It definitely felt crowded as well.

BTW, my 18 year old son who is 5'10" (about?) slept on the murphy bed and loved it!!! He said it was very comfortable!

That is good to know about the murphy bed. Our 21 yr old daughter (5ft1 tiny dancer) will probably be sleeping on it.

I am excited about the refurb!!!! It was long over due, the couch pattern clashing with the drapes and beadspread. Oh, so glad there are no more bedspreads. I like the new sleeker looking granite with the subtle touches of Disney. Like the pergo flooring and new appliances. Really, there will be no pleasing some people. Give me clean and new any day!

This is good news about the bed! Thank you for your post!

Re: table... *sigh* I keep asking myself how would I feel if I walked into the room not knowing it had been changed out and found it this way. I think my immediate response would have been "Cool!" Since I'm not an owner at VWL I have no power to help bring the old table back, I'm just going to have to convince myself (with some pixie dust) that I like it.

It's Disney after all... but if they pull this stunt on Kidani I'll be up and down them like a flock of fleas. :laughing:

I am excited about the refurb!!!! It was long over due, the couch pattern clashing with the drapes and beadspread. Oh, so glad there are no more bedspreads. I like the new sleeker looking granite with the subtle touches of Disney. Like the pergo flooring and new appliances. Really, there will be no pleasing some people. Give me clean and new any day!

I 100% agree about the bedspreads!!!! It's wonderful they are gone, SO much nicer.

Clean and new are great in my book too!!!

I'd prefer more theming, but I will say it wasn't as bad as I thought.

I still hate the table and feel it's crowded like I said though.

The VWL/WL are as beautiful as ever and there was no doubt it's still my entire families favorite resort:cloud9:

I've been reading this post with extreme interest since we just bought a contract at VWL, and while we will be traveling this summer, we were unable to book anything at our home resort...is it possible to tour the property while we are there even though we are not staying there?

I sure hope we like it! Our first trip "home" is already booked for Christmas...my favorite time of year to go to Disney and VWL does the Christmas theme best (at least in my humble opinion) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter