Vinylmation Collectors Unite!!

Going to Disneyland Paris March 13-16. Does anyone know if they still trade pins and do they trade vinylmations?

Anyone interested in trading vinymations?

Yes they do. Best place might be at the Pueblo Trading Post, but it is only open on weekends.

Would anyone be intrested in trading any of the Star Wars 2 figures for a Princess Leia? My son just started collecting and of course got 2 Princess Leia. :confused3

I bought my first two Vinyl's back in May, I wasnt sure if I would continue to purchase, but after a few months I purchased another. Since then I have been buying a couple a month. I'm afraid I might break the bank if I keep it up. LOL I went into the local Disney Store yesterday and pulled a Pascal, and an Animation 3 Chaser, and bought the last two Series 3 Robots they had.

Still dont have enough to trade yet though, they have all been "hand picked" (buying from ebay) for the most part. The only ones I've purchased blind are both Star Wars Vinyls, Camp Minnie Mickey, Robots, and Muddy Pig.

Here is our small collection.

photo-4_zps46f0358b.jpg

2e66m9j.jpg

Hello! I want to apologize up front if this is not the right place to post my question, but it's the closest forum I have found on the boards so far. I am not a collector, but I am very much interested in purchasing a 9" white create your own vinylmation to take on our August cruise and get autographs from all of the characters. It appears this particular style has been discontinued. I found one on ebay and the seller is asking $75 plus $16 s/h. Are these really that scarce or can someone point me in a different direction to find a more moderately priced one? I have seen similar styles with the brick texture, but I think this would make autographing it a little challenging. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all. I have been buying vinylmation since the Lion King set came out in 2011. At first I was not into them at all. My girlfriend really loves the Lion King and she saw the set and convinced me to buy 2. Since then I have bought sporadically, but just recently I have gotten really into collecting them. It is a fun but expensive hobby. Now because of this new obsession I want to be a part of the community and get to know other collectors and see their collections as well as share my own. I might be interested in trading but I am a little weary on that considering its the internet and you don't really know who you are dealing with, but maybe one day. I do have traders though and I am looking forward to trading at the parks when I go this October.
For now I leave you with these questions. 1. Out of your collection which one would you say is your most prized Vinyl? 2. Which of the sets has been your favorite and least favorite? 3. What sets or singles would you like to see made?
I look forward to seeing your responses. Here are mine. 1. I have to say currently my favorite is the Park Starz 2 Bell Hop Variant. I had a tough time getting my hands on one, but I finally got one. 2. I have to say Beauty & the Beast and the Mickey's Wild West aremy current favorites, and my least favorites are the Vinylation High and the Cutesters sets. 3 I would love an Aladdin set. I know they have made some of the characters as a part of separate sets but I would love one dedicated just to the movie. I think they could do so much with it. Hopefully with the anniversary of the movie one might be made :)

Hi ForeverRed,

Welcome to vinylmation collecting! My hubby and I have been trading for a few years now too and have quite a collection going. Trading at the parks used to be so much better...they used to have a box at each hotel and multiple in each park! Now it is only one or two in each park....but it is still a lot of fun! Our local Disney store has the standard 3 clear box but also has a huge Rubbermaid bin full of additional traders in the back that they let us trade from...we've even gotten chasers from there! We use vinylmation connection for our trading... I would check them out. If you want, once you set up your trade and wish list...pm us on there...our name is: hiddentrader and we can try to trade if you like. I definitely understand about the Internet...luckily we have only been burned 3 times...and that is from sending out at least one vinyl a week for the last three years!
So to answer your questions :)
1.My favorite vinyl is: v2 shere khan variant...it is such an accurate depiction from the movie. My hubby's favorite is also the park stars 2 tot bellhop variant and the regular one as well! He loves those guys!
2. My favorite series is the holiday series...I have l three complete an I'm really hoping they come out with a series 4! My hubby's favorite series are the park series. He really loves all the "ride" figures...I think park 9 is his most favorite. I also really love collecting the junior vinylmations!

3. Hmmm....this is a hard one! Aladdin is a really great idea...I love all the characters from there. I think I would like a set with the characters from Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Just there regular, classic form. No alterations. I like how the artists are creative but I would love the characters just as they are currently drawn.

Have a great one! :)

Hi ForeverRed,

Welcome to vinylmation collecting! My hubby and I have been trading for a few years now too and have quite a collection going. Trading at the parks used to be so much better...they used to have a box at each hotel and multiple in each park! Now it is only one or two in each park....but it is still a lot of fun! Our local Disney store has the standard 3 clear box but also has a huge Rubbermaid bin full of additional traders in the back that they let us trade from...we've even gotten chasers from there! We use vinylmation connection for our trading... I would check them out. If you want, once you set up your trade and wish list...pm us on there...our name is: hiddentrader and we can try to trade if you like. I definitely understand about the Internet...luckily we have only been burned 3 times...and that is from sending out at least one vinyl a week for the last three years!
So to answer your questions :)
1.My favorite vinyl is: v2 shere khan variant...it is such an accurate depiction from the movie. My hubby's favorite is also the park stars 2 tot bellhop variant and the regular one as well! He loves those guys!
2. My favorite series is the holiday series...I have l three complete an I'm really hoping they come out with a series 4! My hubby's favorite series are the park series. He really loves all the "ride" figures...I think park 9 is his most favorite. I also really love collecting the junior vinylmations!

3. Hmmm....this is a hard one! Aladdin is a really great idea...I love all the characters from there. I think I would like a set with the characters from Mickey Mouse clubhouse. Just there regular, classic form. No alterations. I like how the artists are creative but I would love the characters just as they are currently drawn.

Have a great one! :)

Thanks for replying. That Shere Khan is a sweet Vinyl. Glad to know I'm not the only one with love for the tot bellhop variant. Believe it or not he is the only park stars vinyl I have. I plan to remedy that since I just ordered 4 last night from the Disney Store website lol. I still prefer to blind box since the mystery is the real draw to me. I'm hoping I get the regular tot bellhop in this order. Did you see they announced Park 13 today and the first Vinyl for it is a new tot bellhop? I'm so excited for that set and can't wait to see what else will be in it.
Your idea for a Mickey Mouse Club House set is fantastic, and I would love to see it come true. I'm a little bummed about how trading in the park has changed but I'm definitely going to make the best of it. The Junior vinyls are cool especially the droids and goofy's candy company sets but I can't get behind the price for them. Who knows though they might come out with a set of Juniors I will need to have and out go my buying standards :lmao:
Do either of you know of a more active thread or community I can join? I'm trying to be more active online and can use all the help I can get. Thanks again for playing along. :thumbsup2

Hi again,

I would definitely recommend either vinylmation connection or vinylmation exchange. They are both really good. Vinylmation connection is a standalone website and vinylmation exchange is a Facebook group online. I've had good luck with both.
Best of luck and if you sign up for vinylmation connection - definitely message me on there...our name is: hiddentrader

Hello! I want to apologize up front if this is not the right place to post my question, but it's the closest forum I have found on the boards so far. I am not a collector, but I am very much interested in purchasing a 9" white create your own vinylmation to take on our August cruise and get autographs from all of the characters. It appears this particular style has been discontinued. I found one on ebay and the seller is asking $75 plus $16 s/h. Are these really that scarce or can someone point me in a different direction to find a more moderately priced one? I have seen similar styles with the brick texture, but I think this would make autographing it a little challenging. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I found one for $40 but it now on ebay. All i did was type in

9" Vinylmation white

Finally a new set that I want all of them has come out, its been awhile since Ive seen ones Ive wanted. But B&B is already sold out in stores, I saw them online this morning, so I might have to try to order them.

I saw pics of the LM set too and that is another that looks really nice and I am going to have to get those all too.

**** ETA - Just checked online again and they are listed there, but as sold out****

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone is going to the D23 convention?

I really, really want the Little Mermaid Vinlymations set, I would be forever grateful if someone would purchase a set for me and I of course would pay for the set and shipping costs. Please, pretty please :confused:

I don't even collect vinlymations, but I collect little mermaid and I must have this set. Please let me know if anyone is willing to help me out :goodvibes

Only have a few vinyls. That Daisy as evil queen for the reflections of evil event looks amazing. Image was accidentally released and apparently pulled soon after. Fortunately some captured the image and are posting it on various sites.

Oh yes! Would LOVE The Little Mermaid set, too! :) I randomly collect them, just the ones I know I really like. Good luck!

Tinkerboy00 said:
Finally a new set that I want all of them has come out, its been awhile since Ive seen ones Ive wanted. But B&B is already sold out in stores, I saw them online this morning, so I might have to try to order them.

I saw pics of the LM set too and that is another that looks really nice and I am going to have to get those all too.

**** ETA - Just checked online again and they are listed there, but as sold out****

Beauty and the Beast is available.in WDW at most every store. Maybe call merchandising and buy a case.through them.

Beauty and the Beast is available.in WDW at most every store. Maybe call merchandising and buy a case.through them.

I went to DS today and the sm said that they are not getting anymore and that she heard they are not making any more. It was super limited.

She then called guest services for me, and scoured everywhere and NONE.

I really hope I can get the LM series now. Im going to stalk the site and stores and just buy a case. LM is my favorite movie and I cant miss that one too.

I haven't bought any new vinyls in like a year because all the recent series have kind of sucked. Finally they release two based on my two favorite Disney movies and they are limited and selling out quickly. Figures.

I went to DS today and the sm said that they are not getting anymore and that she heard they are not making any more. It was super limited.

She then called guest services for me, and scoured everywhere and NONE.

I really hope I can get the LM series now. Im going to stalk the site and stores and just buy a case. LM is my favorite movie and I cant miss that one too.

I haven't bought any new vinyls in like a year because all the recent series have kind of sucked. Finally they release two based on my two favorite Disney movies and they are limited and selling out quickly. Figures.

I just bought them on Thursday and Friday at multiple locations. Mouse gears and POP century to be exact. They had cases of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter