• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Viva Italia Trip report 9/30-10-8,2007

Hi Steve,
I've been doing a TON of research on the Disboards since my fiancé proposed to me this past September. I want a small wedding, and a very memorable honeymoon. :lovestruc

I started researching itineraries for Paris, Italy, and Greece-and became completely overwhelmed by all the options & the possibility of getting lost:scared1: and then I stumbled upon Adventures by Disney. You're trip report is AMAZING, and totally convinced me to plan a trip for possibly next September. I wanted to ask you a few questions. This would be our first time in Italy.

What form of payments would you recommend-traveler's checks, credit cards, or converted currency?

How much would you suggest to bring, and is there a limit on how much you can bring home?

Was it difficult packing & unpacking to go on various cities?

sorry for all the questions, its just I really want us to be prepared for an amazing & eventful vacation.
Thank you for any questions you can answer :cheer2:

And if anyone else on the boards can help it would WONDERFUL also :flower3:

Hi Steve,
I've been doing a TON of research on the Disboards since my fiancé proposed to me this past September. I want a small wedding, and a very memorable honeymoon. :lovestruc

I started researching itineraries for Paris, Italy, and Greece-and became completely overwhelmed by all the options & the possibility of getting lost:scared1: and then I stumbled upon Adventures by Disney. You're trip report is AMAZING, and totally convinced me to plan a trip for possibly next September. I wanted to ask you a few questions. This would be our first time in Italy.

What form of payments would you recommend-traveler's checks, credit cards, or converted currency?

How much would you suggest to bring, and is there a limit on how much you can bring home?

Was it difficult packing & unpacking to go on various cities?

sorry for all the questions, its just I really want us to be prepared for an amazing & eventful vacation.
Thank you for any questions you can answer :cheer2:

And if anyone else on the boards can help it would WONDERFUL also :flower3:

Hi There, I was on the same trip as Steve so I may be able to help. I brought 300 euros with me and then used the bank machines to get extra. I only used my credit card on a big purchase in Orvieto when I ordered pottery and had it shipped home.
I never really unpacked much. I lived out of my suitcase cause we weren't in one place that long.
I'm not too sure on how much you can bring back? I didn't really buy all that much...shoes (three pairs), pottery, a leather jacket. That's about all besides souvenirs. I hope I've helped:thumbsup2

Hi There, I was on the same trip as Steve so I may be able to help. I brought 300 euros with me and then used the bank machines to get extra. I only used my credit card on a big purchase in Orvieto when I ordered pottery and had it shipped home.
I never really unpacked much. I lived out of my suitcase cause we weren't in one place that long.
I'm not too sure on how much you can bring back? I didn't really buy all that much...shoes (three pairs), pottery, a leather jacket. That's about all besides souvenirs. I hope I've helped:thumbsup2

Thank you for your response! We need all the help we can get! Which leads me to more questions...
We're you charged a large fee for using the bank machines there? Also, did you get some free time to explore on your own in the cities? I would be afraid to get lost! That's why my fiance & I decided a group tour would be the best option for us being so...directionally challenged.:rotfl2:

One warning - don't rely on traveler's checks - we had a terrible time trying to cash them in Venice, we wasted ages going from bank to bank. We won't make that mistake again.

One warning - don't rely on traveler's checks - we had a terrible time trying to cash them in Venice, we wasted ages going from bank to bank. We won't make that mistake again.

I'll second that!! And even if the traveler's checks are in Euros, they still charge a commission fee for cashing them!! I'm sticking with cash from now on.

I work in retail also, we get several traveler's from usually Canada; it is such a pain to process. So I guess will stick to just cash & a credit card in case of larger purchases.

Is anyone planning a trip in 2010?

I work in retail also, we get several traveler's from usually Canada; it is such a pain to process. So I guess will stick to just cash & a credit card in case of larger purchases.

Is anyone planning a trip in 2010?

Ronny advice on how much to bring for cash is good. I usually take around 300 Euros. Travelers checks are not promoted much where i live anyways. Banks stopped issiung them. My large purchases in Italy i had shipped to me. I bought a marionette in Venice .It came in perfect condition. :goodvibes

Since we were not in one place to long, i just enough clothes for the week and then maybe a little more. I did not over pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter