Viva Italia

It's been a while since there has been a post on this thread. So I thought I would give it a bump to see if there are anymore people out there going on the 9/21 Viva Italia Tour.

Hey Marc, I'm still here and as anxious as you are for our 9/21 Viva Italia trip. I was thinking we should start getting some feedback from others who will be with us. I'm still looking for anyone who will join us flying out of Orlando. They have already changed our initial flight, so happy we booked directly thru ABD instead of on our own.

Your flying out of New York, right?

Hey Marc, I'm still here and as anxious as you are for our 9/21 Viva Italia trip. I was thinking we should start getting some feedback from others who will be with us. I'm still looking for anyone who will join us flying out of Orlando. They have already changed our initial flight, so happy we booked directly thru ABD instead of on our own.

Your flying out of New York, right?

Hey Patty,

Yes I'm flying out of JFK and so is Kris. Kris and I are not on the same flight going there. She's on an earlier flight. But Kris and I are both staying an extra night in Venice and we're on the same flight coming home. So that's cool. I hope we get to meet some more people that will be on our tour.

Hopefully, the closer we get the more people may join the discusssion group. Happy to read that Kris and her hubby will be there and celebrating their 10th anniversary. Great that you are flying out of the same area.

We'll just have to keep waiting to find more friends joining us. I wonder if ABD would tell us how many are in our group and where they are from? I wouldn't ask any names but just curious I guess..... I want to know everything possible about our trip.

Hi all. I'm really hoping to hear from anyone else going on the 8/14 trip. I'm also wishing we had arranged to fly in a day early - the threat about jet lag is making me nervous. Oh well!

:)

Marc,,,,,, Richard took off work and we were so excited, but I called to confirm 2 days before and she said she decided not to go on the tour because her friend wasn't going. I tried to convince her to go alone, as I've read great reviews from others who have gone by themselves, but she was kind of bummmed out. Maybe she'll think about it and change her mind. But, to answer your question, No, we never did meet her there. We go there on our own because we live so close so maybe we'll do Epcot Italy before we leave in September. ......... Thanks for remembering and asking.

Marc,,,,,, Richard took off work and we were so excited, but I called to confirm 2 days before and she said she decided not to go on the tour because her friend wasn't going. I tried to convince her to go alone, as I've read great reviews from others who have gone by themselves, but she was kind of bummmed out. Maybe she'll think about it and change her mind. But, to answer your question, No, we never did meet her there. We go there on our own because we live so close so maybe we'll do Epcot Italy before we leave in September. ......... Thanks for remembering and asking.

Aw, I feel bad that she isn't going. Like you said, maybe she'll change her mind.

Hey Everyone!

It's been a long time since I have posted and wanted to check in w/ everyone :) Happy Spring! I still haven't done much planning or researching yet, but I did purchase an Italy travel book that I have looked through a little bit.
I was reading the thread about safe backpacks. wallets etc. to wear over in Europe since the pickpocketing is so bad. Any suggestions? What are you going to bring with you to carry your wallet, sunglasses, cell phone etc?

A little over 5 months to go!! :cool1:

Hi. I was reading that thread too, but I can't find those type of backpacks near me, and I hate to buy something so expensive and kind of personal without seeing it in person. I have a small backpack I always bring to DWD, and I will probably use that, but have my husband keep the majority of our money in his wallet. With my two kids, I am constantly needing to get things in and out of a backpack, and having it locked up seems like it would drive me nuts.

GlassSlipper-

I totally agree w/ what you are saying. While the backpack looks like it is well made etc... I can't really justify spending that much for something I will probably only use once. I have two little kids and traveling to Europe every year isn't something I can see us doing until the kids are a lot older. I will probably have my hubby carry our major things too, I will try to find a bag that I can carry my necessities in that is a little bit more affordable.
It looks like you are going before me, so you will have to let me know what your experience is like!

Hey Marc.............. I read the reviews from others on tripadvisor.com about our hotels. Everyone gave them rave reviews. Wonder why they changed to the Bernini this year. Do you know? Seems everyone liked the one they have been using., just curious as to why change a good thing.

I have not been to Italy either. I have traveled to other countries but missed Italy......and I'm Italian. I should be ashamed of myself........

My thought is that the Exedra was extremely expensive (My family stayed 3 days extra in Rome before the tour.) and in order to keep the price somewhat the same, they needed the extra money for the new 2nd hotel.

Thanks so much for the hotel answer to my question. I see you are from S. Florida. We lived in Pembroke Pines for 25 years and now are in Winter Haven Florida. Did you do the Viva Italia tour, or are you planning to?

Thanks so much for the hotel answer to my question. I see you are from S. Florida. We lived in Pembroke Pines for 25 years and now are in Winter Haven Florida. Did you do the Viva Italia tour, or are you planning to?

I did it last summer with my family. It was one of the best family vacations we had ever done, hands down.

I stayed at the EXEDRA last summer with ABD. It is a very nice hotel .The whole of the inside is very expensive. The Boston Celtics were there also.

So overall, did those of you who have been on the trip (Kevin!) think the hotels were good? I know in general European hotels are different (smaller rooms?) than U.S. hotels, but hopefully they will be high quality.

Hi all! I am new to the boards and happily found this thread.
I am booked for Sept 21st Viva Italia Too!
We are going as a family, me DH, DD 12, DS 9, and my mom
We are really looking forwrd to it.
I hope some other kids are booke as well!
Looking forward to meeting everyone~ I've heard great things about ABD!
~Nicole

Hi all! I am new to the boards and happily found this thread.
I am booked for Sept 21st Viva Italia Too!
We are going as a family, me DH, DD 12, DS 9, and my mom
We are really looking forwrd to it.
I hope some other kids are booke as well!
Looking forward to meeting everyone~ I've heard great things about ABD!
~Nicole

Hey Nicole,

Welcome to the DIS boards!!! Glad to hear from another person who will be on the 9/21 Viva Italia tour. I'm Marc and I'm 37. I'm going on the tour with my sister Debra who's 50 and my friend Lisa who's 45. My sister has been to Italy before but it's the first time for my friend Lisa and myself. We're all really excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter