VMK Characters - Animated GIFs

WDWTigger72

C.E.O. Walt Disney World
Well, This was one of many projects I wanted to complete within Virtual Magic Kingdom before its closing and unfortunately time was very limited. Initially, I wanted to record all "Day 1" Virtual Magic Kingdom members standing, waving and dancing as an archive that could be converted to animated gifs. My thought was that it would be so cool to record these beta and day 1 users for memory since I still remember nightly only having about 500 active logged in users per night, and one of my vmk friends who was not Day 1 was wondering what I was doing. I thought about this and said you know what I should start recording as many as I could The lag unfortunately stopped this project after pretty much one night because I had to concentrate on the other aspects of Virtual Magic Kingdom that I was capturing. Although, I would like to blame lag only I just didn't provide or schedule enough time to accomplish everything I wanted.

There where a handful of DIS members that came by my room, and I am listing everybody's character name I captured here. If you are currently a DIS member please review the list below and post a message saying you where captured. I will prioritize creating animated gifs of your characters waving, dancing and standing based on your posted responses. I will also be digging a little bit into my creativity bucket to see what other ideas I come up with. Please review the list below and let me know if you where captured or not, here is a sample of GreenieMimi dancing and I hope you enjoy...

GreenieMimiAnimationFull.gif
AliceBlueAnimationFull.gif

A_Pink_Rose
AdventureDaz (9)
aliceblue (2 - Done)
Astryd (14)
awsumgoofey
Baby
BonoGirl (8)
BriarLori (4)
CaptHookFan
catnip
cawa (11)
Chele
Crustopher
DaBEEF
DaisyLou
DBourque
Disvaclub (7)
drkfaery
Flame_Flame
GBShorts
GoofyJenn
Greenhpper
GreenieMimi (1 - Done)
gypsyoffire
HauntedGrim
Hyperion (3)
jaxtool
JEDIYODA
JustShell
ladyvader
LoisAlene
madamecat
MathewMouse
mickeysfriend (10)
MiniMee
misscat
MisterToad
mistey (15)
Moody (6)
Nedakh
pinktinkanne (13)
PirateDono
PiratePauly
PixelProphet
ppiglett (5)
PrincessAnnO
princessmadiro (12)
prplwendybird
QueenClarion
RAJAHCAT
Robert
RoyalHighness
Shiregirl
SillyPixie
slimjim
Smoop
SnowQueen
TooHip
TopazR
Xiris

I still have you standing which obviously wouldn't be animated, but still have you waving also...So after I finish the basics I may play around a bit and have some combinations and other animated things the screen does. If you know when you created your character please let me know that information also as I have some ideas...

I still have you standing which obviously wouldn't be animated, but still have you waving also...So after I finish the basics I may play around a bit and have some combinations and other animated things the screen does. If you know when you created your character please let me know that information also as I have some ideas...

Woot! Looking forward to them! Um, best estimate of the date I started vmk would be first week of June, 2005. Just after Beta ended and the game went live.

Hey, you got me there too, Tigger. So that's what you were planning to do with these!

Too cool, my friend. :goodvibes

It drives me crazy that I never noted exactly when I joined VMK; I just know that I had only been on about a week (or was it two?) when I received my "Day 1" badge. I hadn't even realized the game had been in beta.

Hyperion is the name, thank you so much for doing this for us.

Hugs

It's still possible to get your character animated - I have all the resources but it just takes alot longer..

Imagineer_Tech said:
Wait so if you didn't capture the person they can't get one?

Well, I actually recorded video of these people one night so its easy for me to take the avi file (video file) and export frame by frame the exact images I want. Then I take these images and bring them into Macromedia Fireworks to create an animated gif. If you have a video (avi) of your character anywhere I would be more than happy to look into it...You can still animate still captures of your character just becomes more complex than the process I used.

Woot! Looking forward to them! Um, best estimate of the date I started vmk would be first week of June, 2005. Just after Beta ended and the game went live.

VMK went live on June 27, 2005. So I am thinking it had to be early July for you. ;)

I can't remember what day I signed up during beta, but I think it had to be either the last week of May or first week of June.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, Tigger! I am glad that a few people told me you were doing this!

Nice! Love the gifs, Rich! Thank you SO much! I have to save the two you added now. :)
Gosh, that green girl has some awesome moves, eh? giggle!

You captured me, thanksfor doing the project. I started May 2005 - whenever you get to it's great.

You captured me as well and a big thank you for that. I joined the game the second day of beta, so I am guessing May 26, 2005?

i don't think you got me, but i was a day one person

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter