VMK lessons vs. Other Games

Alionette

DIS Veteran
Now that my initial shock is over (it's been a while :P) I want to see all the lessons I've learned from this and other games.

This game:
-Money Management
-Respecting/Helping others
-Trading/Looking for good deals
-Balance (Life vs. Gaming)
-Planning

Other Various games I've played:
-Economy
-Respecting/Helping others
-Investing/stocks
-Time management
-Planning
-Money Management

It seems to me that I've learned my fair share from VMK. I never noticed until now just how much the games that seemed to be merely for enjoyment teach us things we'll use throughout life.

Any lessons I've missed?

Lion

Well, I dont know about the rest of you, but I think it improved my personality. Its weird how you put this post up, because I was going to make a thread of my own about this right now. I didn't realize how much vmk had actually changed who I was until this week really, about all my lessons learned and all. I wont mention most of them... but an important one I think is just how to kind of stand out and be yourself, and dont be as shy. In real life I used to be pretty shy, but then I started playing vmk and I thought less about what others thought about me and all. Its really helped considering you have to interact with people all the time. Just the other day a couple of people I didn't know waved at me (I have no idea why) and I waved back. Before vmk I probably would have just looked at them like they were crazy and walked away. (They were crazy- but thats not the point) Anyways, I've become alot smarter with vmk and really know how a community works, through the rough and easy times, and how people (even if you dont know them that well, or at all) can group together and make a difference. I have become wiser playing vmk through all my life lessons, and hope you all have learned alot from playing it too. Thanks for making this thread, and hope you all post too!

I mostly gained creativity, since they restricted you to say certain words, or you needed to avoid some :)

This was great if you wanted to improve you language :)

Oh! I forgot to say typing skills! Considering how much I was on the game... I memorized the key board in a month or so and ended up typing way more words per minute. lol, sometimes when I wasn't on vmk I would type imaginary messages to my friends. Sometimes I still do... might as well pretend its still around and I can message them like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter